Come on, Share us your embarasing machines or show us back then you still had a big ego. Can you remember all the PC machines you had?
Sorry for the vague details, but it's all that I can pull from memory.
Heh, my first PC had the following:
UnMarth I (2002-2004)
- AMD Atholon 1.2GHz Something... Socket A :P
- 128MB ram (likely SD :P)
- ATI Radeon 7500se (se - super econmic edition?),Back then a few linux distros spat at this as I tried them. PCBSD, Fedora1
This machine died I'm afraid, I think the mobo failed on it. But it was on it's last legs. Things attached to the Southbridge was slowely but surely stopped working. Glad I had 5 PCI slots to replace my USB, Sound etc... :P Again, at the time of death, couldn't really get a replacement mobo.
UnMarth II (2004-2007)
- AMD Atholon 1.5Ghz-ish Something better than Socket A (05-07)
- 768Mb DDR Ram. (was 256 for awhile, I still owe my friend £10 for the 512 stick, But I'm sure he has forgotten now XD)
- Ati 9550 128MB - (Why did I bother with this thing? AGPx8 card in AGPx4 slot:P)
I donated this to my brother as I upgraded it, sadly he thought he could handle taking it apart, first he killed the graphics card, I got a replacement. And soon, the motherboard was dead, after it was kicking around in his room as he saved and waiting for the card to come. Little point in fixing that >_>.
- AMD Turion64x2 512KB L2 chache(shared) 1.5Ghz
- 1GB DDR2 600MHz
- Ati Mobility m200 128Mb shared.
- It's a laptop :P, Insprion 1501, mm3 is familair with it.
I thought I'd get this as a Be all and end all to my desktop needs. However, with missing my Lan party needs, UnMarth I never saw those days though >_>. And realised to played TF2 so badly, I thought wearing glasses might make it more appealing.
- AMD Atholon64 AM2 1MB L2 chache 2.5Ghz (apparently 45W is 'effiecent', no laptop will last longer than 5 mins on battery if it were the case!)
- 2GB DDR2 800MHz
- Nvidea 7600(not ati for a change, 256MB GDDR3) PCIe
Well, I gave this away in an exchange, I don't really need it anymore. I was plannign to upgrade it to 4GB rammage, Dual core Etc.. But felt like it wasn't going to happen. I thought I'd blow off the dust on UnMarth III, I like to game, but I could do without it though.
So what do I have now? Apart from UnMarth III, I present to you! UnMarth V! I've had this machine for awhile, I think I bought it in 2005 off ebay for £26 (inc P+P). It's a PII 500mhz (Cartridge!) with 640MB SDram 100Mhz. 1MB shared memory on some 2D acceleration by some S3 trio crap! It's what I am typing this off of now. Still rock solid.
This isn't all the machines I have, I got more kicking around the place. In 2006 I bought 3 u5 servers off ebay cheap. And oen of them was dead. So I swapped parts around and had my very first DUAL PROCESSOR machine! "* 500MHz PII cartridges as described above. It also houses my Raid5 array for my user area for awhile. But 40GB was too little, I've got 500GB mirrored now. Just need a machine that will accept SATA now I got rid of my last desktop :P.
Also, I changed the case on my UnMarth I to one of those 1337 ones with windows and lights XD. It was really cheap and tacky. But I kept that case and use it for all my other builds. And when I gave UnMarth IV away, I ensured I kept the very badly beaten case which I have so many fond memories of. And just but it in a normaly beige/white case. At least this time it has all it's front pannels. And yes, I think UnMarth II had 4 CD bays used up and all plugged in for a week or so :P.
So got any interesting or not so interesting stories to tell us :P