Thread: Favorite Underrated or Unknown Diaper

Default Favorite Underrated or Unknown Diaper

There is a diaper that I think is so different than many of the others out there. I really love how comfortable the diapers are, they fit so much more different than most diapers. I just wish they were plastic backed and absorbed more. Has anyone else worn FitRights? What are you favorite diapers that most people don't know about or are seriously underrated?

I agree with you totally on the FitRight diapers. For what they are (institutional, cloth backed), they are well made. Very tall inner leakguards, good velcro tapes, and decent absorbency on the "Super" version. I think this may be my new daytime diaper when it gets hot out. I was given one of these in the hospital and was pleasantly surprised.

For those that have not seen them before, they are here: FitRightŪ Briefs | Medline Industries, Inc.

I am always looking to try new and different diapers. I guess it's a "hobby" :p

As far as other underrated or unknown diapers, most of the ones I have liked have been discontinued over time. The Attends institutional diaper with the Micropore (plastic) inner liner was great. Also, there used to be a diaper called "First Quality Frontal Tape Brief". They had a thick plastic outer shell (crinkly as heck!), with a taping panel on front similar to those on the Bambino Bianco.

These were my favorite diapers. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Soffisof_old_2tabs_0.jpg 
Views:	177 
Size:	23.1 KB 
ID:	20395 But they don't make them anymore. But my new favorite diapers are Bambinos, Dry 24/7. I am waiting for the Comficare to arrive. Can't wait to try that one.

Funny you mentioned them, I just recently tried the FitRights and was going to mention them if you haven't. They're amazing for the price. Very comfortable fit on me. I'm perfectly okay with the absorbency, could be more absorbent, but with the price, I'm not complaining. I'm also fine with it being cloth backed as well, it's too hot most of the year here to wear plastic backed. I got mine here: Medline FitRight Super Adult Disposable Briefs by MEDLINE INDUSTRIES | Health Products For You

There are a couple of others that would be worth a mention but unfortunately they no longer exist.

In South Africa we have a diaper called Clemens.(Proudly South African)
    The cheaper versions are plastic backed and the more expensive version is the supreme range.
    Its a similar setup to the Lil/Kendall range.
    The plastic maxi version is very absorbent but looks like a boxer brief, so im not fond of these.

Anyways the Clemens Complete cloth-backed diaper looks like a Molicare premium soft(blue stripes with the crappy breathable side panels), with green stripes and is thick and crinkly.

It has velcro tapes, elastic waist band at the back of the diaper and is pretty thick!
    The best thing about this diaper is that it has a layer of transparent plastic under the cloth layer,and it crinkles alot!
    It feels like a hybrid of plastic backed and cloth with luxury features.
    3 heavy wettings and this sucker swells up like a Tena Slip Maxi!

Its as if Tena and Molicare made a diaper together.

These diapers are very good and are sold in packs of 14!

Check the pic below.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Validus Medical - Clemens Complete Premium Adult Diapers for Incontinence.jpg 
Views:	269 
Size:	49.3 KB 
ID:	20396

Once summer hits, I'll probably be wearing FitRights with a stuffer. It gets way too hot/humid here to wear plastic backed all the time. I order from these guys, ParentGiving. They tend to arrive quickly and not a bad price for the diaper. I'm debating on ordering another case since they have a 10% off sale today. Trying new types of diapers is kind of my "hobby" as well. It's one of the few diapers that is so comfy that they almost disappear. I don't wear pull ups much, but they have those as well. Anyone try those?

I'm in the UK and I used to get Euron diapers - plastic backed, absorbent and, from one particular supplier, they're a decent price too. I really like them. I stopped though, because the supplier was absolutely useless. Packaging was never discreet (they would send parcels in an old Tena or Abena box with all the logos showing), delivery was nearly always late, the parcels would arrive broken with items missing or they'd send me the wrong size - I gave up. And no-where else does them at a reasonable price.

I've started wearing Boots' Stay Dry recently and think they are great. They fit well and I have never had a problem with the tabs. They are absorbent enough to easily last 6 hours, but I regularly wear them for about 8 or 9 hours at at time, although I can't help but start to worry about leaks towards the end of that time. The only time I have actually leaked in them is if, after going to sleep with them already wet, I flood them in the morning when still in bed, but I've had other nappies leak in those circumstances as well.

At the moment I don't really feel the need to switch to a different brand. Others may be better, but I like the convenience of being able to go 5 minutes down the road to a shop and buy them whenever I want, rather than having to order them online "in advance".

Quote Originally Posted by downtide View Post
    I'm in the UK and I used to get Euron diapers - plastic backed, absorbent and, from one particular supplier, they're a decent price too.
    i was on the verge of buying some of them, today. unused to the packaging and with beedy eyes upon me, i just got my usual Indaslip. apparently, Euron have changed and gone cloth-like and rebranded with the ID name; got that offa da net, so i can't sure, but it only added the confusion as i researched last night and browsed today.

Indaslip: h++p://www.indas.com/en/indas-commercial/Product-search/All-in-one-Pad?id=259

Quote Originally Posted by ade View Post
    i was on the verge of buying some of them, today. unused to the packaging and with beedy eyes upon me, i just got my usual Indaslip. apparently, Euron have changed and gone cloth-like and rebranded with the ID name; got that offa da net, so i can't sure, but it only added the confusion as i researched last night and browsed today.

Indaslip: h++p://www.indas.com/en/indas-commercial/Product-search/All-in-one-Pad?id=259
    I have to agree with you on the indas slip are one of my favorite diapers.

- - - Updated - - -

The Indas slip diapers.
    They are a hybrid diaper with cloth sides and a plastic backed centre panel.
    The core is quite thin but very absorbent and they have a pleasant smell to them.