Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hi Everyone

Default Hi Everyone

I joined ADISC last month and finally worked up the courage to introduce my self. U see I never done this before and I am quite nervous. I love acting and being treated like a baby. I am a Security Officer and have been for about 10 years. All my spear time is spent with my wife. My hobbies are karate and learning my family tree. I joined for support. No one in my surroundings understands this side of me and it can feel quite lonely.
    Last edited by JuJack70517; 26-Mar-2014 at 08:25.

Quote Originally Posted by JuJack70517 View Post
    I joined ADISC last month and finally worked up the courage to introduce my self. U see I never done this before and I am quite nervous. I love acting and being treated like a baby. I am a Security Officer and have been for about 10 years. All my spear time is spent with my wife. My hobbies are karate and learning my family tree. I joined for support. No one in my surroundings understands this side of me and it can feel quite lonely.
    Hi JuJack! I was in the same boat a year ago. Never did anything like this, didn't know what to say in my intro and was quite nervous. But, there's no need to be nervous. You're among friends. What rank are you in karate? How long have you been doing that? I see you're from Louisiana. There are a few others here from there, too. Welcome and I hope to see your name in the threads soon! Have fun here!

Thank you for the warm welcome zipperless. I was in karate for 15 years. I was a black belt. I had to quit when I get side swiped by a 18 wheeler and hurt my back. I hope to one day go back.
    Last edited by JuJack70517; 27-Mar-2014 at 00:40.

That sucks. Are you on the road to recovery, rehab and stuff?

No! I'm not doing rehab right now. The doctors say I have a slipped disk in my back. It's not affecting my spinal cord so surgery would do more harm then good. As long as I watch the way a move and don't do anything to strenuous it's not to bad.

Greetings JuJack70517.

You certainly came to the right place, and i expect your loneliness will fade into the Abyss very soon.

Welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by JuJack70517 View Post
    No! I'm not doing rehab right now. The doctors say I have a slipped disk in my back. It's not affecting my spinal cord so surgery would do more harm then good. As long as I watch the way a move and don't do anything to strenuous it's not to bad.
    That's good news that you don't need surgery. I know of people who have had back surgery and it's a scary ordeal. Changing topics, did you find anyone interesting in your family tree?

No! Not anyone interested. What I did find interesting is when it comes to my Grandfather (my dad's dad) side of the family I can't find anything! nothing at all.

I assume you checked birth records where he was born to see who his parents were? A cousin of mine checked into burial records at cemeteries and since past relatives were Mason's, the Masonic temples had records. Was he in any groups like Mason's, scouts, military...? And forgive me if you've already looked into these areas, I'm just thinking off the top of my head.

Yes! I did try all that. There is no records. I couldn't believe it. It's kind of spooky if u ask me.