Thread: leaking

Default leaking

Hi all im new hear got my first pack of adult nappies the other day (tena slips maxi) have worn them last two nights but have leaked both times is this normal for a tena or am i not putting them on right ?

Quote Originally Posted by nappiedazza View Post
    Hi all im new hear got my first pack of adult nappies the other day (tena slips maxi) have worn them last two nights but have leaked both times is this normal for a tena or am i not putting them on right ?
    Congratulations on a great choice! Tena Slip Maxi have a superior absorbancy level. The problem you indicated could be that you simply overloaded them with multiple wettings or they are fitted too loose.

If you have not tried it yet: Try pulling the front upward as you fasten each lower tape (This will result in getting the best around-the-leg fit) then fasten the top tapes while pulling out to the side to assure that the padding below stays against the body. If a diaper is too loose it will leak while laying.

Lozza1979

I find that if you pee with your penis pointing downwards into the nappy you usually shouldn't have a problem, however if you pee whilst pointing upwards toward your belly pee will most likely leak out the top corner and into the bed.This happened to me the other night.I woke up and peed and could feel the pee coming out the top of my nappy but I was so tired I fell back asleep again and I woke up in the morning in soaked bed sheets.

Also laying on your side can contribute to leaks, but I don't have a choice as if I sleep on my back I have nightmares for some reason.I have also found that sitting down in a chair, in a slightly slouched or reclined position can cause leaks as the pee seems to find its way up your crotch and out the top where the wing of the nappy is.

After a while of wearing you know what positions are most risky for leaks and can adjust accordingly.I can now sit and lie in most positions and pee 2/3 times without any problems.Also if you wet a nappy a few times then sit down pee can leak out the leg cuffs and into any clothes you are wearing so keep that in mind if you are with company.Im general though nappies are very good and when you get used to them you hardly have any issues.

I also am currently wearing tena slips although they sadly are going cloth backed very soon and I doubt they will be as good.

last night i was laying on my back an it leaked out the top of the nappy dont think i had it tight enough as it was only the second wetting will try putting the tapes the way you said an make shore im pointing down wish i had some one to come put it on me tho

Yes leakage is quite common - many people who are side sleepers use extra padding or stuffing for extra absorbency around the leg area - I tried this and had a better success rate - if all else fails then plastic pants over the top may help

Pointing up while laying on your back is definitely a no go. I've had it flow down and leak around the sides at waist level every time I've tried that (no plastic pants though, I bet they'd help a lot for that issue).

If you want to test your particular issue, first try standing up and going standing, as that's the best position to avoid leaks. Once you're comfortable knowing that the diaper can hold a wetting, then see if you can find positions sitting or lying down where it's not going into a bad spot and maybe supplement with some extra padding or plastic pants.

Edit: also, if these are your first ever diapers, a little practice will help. Tape them snugger than you think you'll need.

Quote Originally Posted by nappiedazza View Post
    last night i was laying on my back an it leaked out the top of the nappy.....it was only the second wetting.....
    that may be where the problem lies. nappies which have a lot of gel in them don't wick away (disperse) fluid so readily and you can end up with a clump of wetted pad right at the point of first wetting; this already gelled clump then prevents anymore fluid passing into the nappy.
    you may want to experiment with having a looser fit around your groin, to allow for flow, absorption and the expansion of the diaper, or try a larger sized nappy.

thanks for the tips last night was leak free also these are def not my first pack of nappies been wearing on an off since i was about 14 15