Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: This Can't Be a Coincidence

Default This Can't Be a Coincidence

I'm a pilot. I work near and go to school at an airport. Today, I noticed the tail number of one of the foreign planes that frequents the airport I spend time at.

M-ABDL

The M designates that it is registered in the Isle of Man - but the rest cannot be a coindicence - can it? You can request certain tail numbers on a registration.

Or it could be an acronym for something completely different, maybe something specific to a small niche industry or business, or something meaningful only to the owner, like Asian Boy Doing Lidocaine.....

I'd guess it's just a coincidence, although ABDL doesn't seem to be a commonly used acronym: ABDL - Definition by AcronymFinder.

Oh...that's the one flight that goes exclusively to AB/DL Island. Best resort I ever attended. As you land, there's a little guy who yells, "Da plane, da plane!" and then promptly wets himself.

Quote Originally Posted by dogboy View Post
    Oh...that's the one flight that goes exclusively to AB/DL Island. Best resort I ever attended. As you land, there's a little guy who yells, "Da plane, da plane!" and then promptly wets himself.
    Ha ha ha, silly dogboy.

Does someone in a white suit with a latin accent change him?

Quote Originally Posted by LilCoyote View Post
    Ha ha ha, silly dogboy.

Does someone in a white suit with a latin accent change him?
    Haha....yes..........sigh.

acorn

There once was an island ferry service that operated in Irish waters. Up to the late eighties it operated under the name of "Gay Enterprises" when it then changed names, the owners cited the obvious reason when asked why by the media. In modern diction, gay =/= happy.

But you see, there will be a twist as not everything is as it seems.