Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Underwear over nappies.

Lozza1979

Default Underwear over nappies.

Does anybody here wear underwear over their nappy?.I tried wearing briefs over my attends to help hold them up when wet to help with sagging and it works well.Also the briefs make the nappy feel snug and gives a nice feeling.It doesn't look too bad either.Attends aren't bulky so briefs fit over them quite nice.

I have heard that some people wear underwear over nappies when going out as it helps contain leaks better.I wore briefs over my nappy when I went out and it did make them feel more secure.Also the briefs don't cover the whole nappy so you can still see you're wearing one when you look at your jeans waistband.

Thing is though when the nappy gets wet around the leg cuffs after much wetting the wetness transfers to the underwear also, so if your out and about, you're not only dealing with a wet nappy you also have a pair of wet pants to deal with also.So even though they can make them feel more secure and help contain leaks a little you could also be adding to the problem.

I find they help with the sag at home and it genuinely does make them feel nice on the body I'm not so sure if its practical outdoors.

Does anyone here wear underwear over their nappy?.Sorry if this seems an odd post but I am curious.

I always wear underwear over my diaper, it feels more snug and secure. It also helps a little against the crinkle (I mostly wear plastic diapers). A tip is to make sure that the underwear isn't crawling between your legs and the leak guards, so loosen it a little up between the legs, then they will not become wet.

But I prefer an onesie, because everybody can still see your diaper when you lean forward or your shirt comes up. (allthough i also usually wear a tight undershirt that I tuck between my diaper and the underwear).

I wear underwear over my diapers for 3 reasons, one it increases the durability of the diaper therefore the diaper is less likely to tear or have a tape failure. Two, it makes the diaper far less obvious because it doesnt allow the diaper to sag much at all also underwear greatly reduces the likelyhood of your diaper exposing its self when you have to bend over or crouch down. Third, if you are a plastic backed diaper wearer it doesnt feel or sound like you have a grocery bag stuffed in your crotch or if you are a cloth backed wearer it cuts out the chaffing you can get on your inner thigh fom some cloth backed diapers also some cloth backed diapers (Tena supers to be specific) just dont feel right without something over them. As far as the leaking onto your underwear goes its not the problem you may think but i have had diapers that do leak onto my underwear and when I get diapers that have this problem a winged pad in the underwear solves the problem fine. Is it practical, for me yes because I am a diesel mechanic and am changing positions constantly is hard on a diaper with no help supporting it and I cant have my diaper fail while sitting in the drivers seat of a 150,000.00 Western Star rig. but if you are lucky enough to have a job where you sit or stand reasonably still for most of your workday wearing underwear over your diaper probably isnt necessary! just my 2cents:-)

I personally don't. Like Lozza said, if it's going to leak, it's going to leak and now you have more clothes you have to wash and take care off. I also believe that your diaper is your underwear, so why wear more over the top of them. It would be like wearing two pairs of underwear. I've read that some wear underwear to try to cut down on the noise the diapers make, but in all honestly in my experience they don't make as much noise as everyone thinks. I have been going out in public wearing my diapers under my jeans and no one has ever even noticed, not even my family members that have been around while I was wearing. Also after just one wetting my diaper hasn't sagged, at all, in all honesty. That could depend solely on what brand of diapers you wear.

Wearing cartoon underwear over your Diaper can be fun.

I wear my full cut briefs all the time. I prefer them over plastic pants, plus there a lot cooler.

Lozza1979

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyDoodle View Post
    Wearing cartoon underwear over your Diaper can be fun.
    I wish I knew where to get adult briefs with cartoons.Sounds like a good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by UGAFAN1985 View Post
    I personally don't. I also believe that your diaper is your underwear, so why wear more over the top of them. It would be like wearing two pairs of underwear. I've read that some wear underwear to try to cut down on the noise the diapers make, but in all honestly in my experience they don't make as much noise as everyone thinks. I have been going out in public wearing my diapers under my jeans and no one has ever even noticed.
    well said, the only time I have worn underwear over my nappy is if I'm say going to work, to cover it up and make sure it doesn't snap / come apart at one side and bunch up.

I like to wear pantyhose over my diaper. That really makes it feel snug. Snug from the waist down.

I mostly wear underwear (briefs) over the top, as other have said it keeps the nappy in place. However i do like to someone wear no underwear. I don't think it fair to discribe wearing underwear over the top nappy is the same wearing two pairs of unides, as there is different use for the "clothes" in the same way wearing a vest, under a shirt/t-shirt is not the same was wearing two shirts/t-shirts.