Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bigger than NUK 5 paci

Cherub

Default Bigger than NUK 5 paci

I've seen a lot of posts on here about the NUK 5 paci. I've wondered if there was anything bigger. The other day I was searching the net and came across this website: pacifiersRus.

This site sells the NUK 5 (which is the 2nd one down on the right side). What caught my attention is the top left. The "OTL6".

According to this website the NUK 5 teat (bulb)measures:
    2 inches in length and 1.5 inches wide

The OTL6 measures:
    2.5 inches in length and 1.5 inches wide.

I'm really thinking about buying the OTL6 bulb and having it put into a NUK shield (they will do it for you then ship it)

HERE ARE MY QUESTIONS:
    Has anyone ordered from this company before?
    Is this company reputable in their service?
    Any information anyone can provide about their experience with this company?

Thanks in advance to all your input !!!

Well,

I've ordered from them awhile back...and I've seen them mentioned on here a few times...

They aren't cheap...but can only remember one complaint, and I think the company made it right in the end...iirc

Great company, no problems with getting what I order in a timely manner. They no longer use the actual Nuk 5 nipple for mods. They have their own made in various sizes. The shape of their size 5 is slightly different but close. I think they use a better quality rubber; it seems to last longer than the actual Nuk 5's I've had.

Cherub

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbabybret View Post
    Well,

I've ordered from them awhile back... but can only remember one complaint, and I think the company made it right in the end...iirc

Quote Originally Posted by Tygon View Post
    Great company, no problems with getting what I order in a timely manner. They no longer use the actual Nuk 5 nipple for mods. They have their own made in various sizes. The shape of their size 5 is slightly different but close. I think they use a better quality rubber; it seems to last longer than the actual Nuk 5's I've had.
    Great feedback! I am encouraged by what I am seeing. Tygon, I never realized they had their own modified NUK5 equivalent.

Quote Originally Posted by Cherub View Post
    Great feedback! I am encouraged by what I am seeing. Tygon, I never realized they had their own modified NUK5 equivalent.
    I've been using their extended teat 7's in silicone now for over a year and a half. Also have one of their 5's which I like better than the Nuk 5's.
    I don't care for the taste of latex. I'm satisfied with their products and their service.

baby-pants.com has the Nuk 6 coming out soon. It has a button instead of a pull ring, & the shield part is bigger than the Nuk 5.
    Last edited by SpAzpieSweeTot; 24-Mar-2014 at 19:44.

Ok I will say this. I liked the Nuk 5 I got from them until they started not using the real Nuk 5. I did not like the shape. Um something to keep in mind is depending on the mouth piece you get that the silicone have issues with the nipple inflating and deflating properly. I hated the Nuk 7 silicone. It was to big for my mouth. So I would ask them how they work with the mouth plate before you order. I am waiting for Baby-pants to get theirs out it looks awesome. They knew about the issues that pacifiers r us had with the silicone one and so they are designing their own mouth plate. I can't wait. I go through binkys like crazy and the silicone last longer.

Cherub

Quote Originally Posted by oleman72 View Post
    I've been using their extended teat 7's in silicone
    I don't care for the taste of latex. I'm satisfied with their products and their service.
    Is the latex they use the same latex that NUK uses for their mass-produced pacifiers?

Quote Originally Posted by Cherub View Post
    Is the latex they use the same latex that NUK uses for their mass-produced pacifiers?
    I doubt that they do. Being that Nuk is in Germany. They probably have a custom molder here in the US that does food grade and
    medical grade molding.

I've ordered from them before and recently made another purchase I'll get in about a week. I've tried their bigger sizes but those were too big for me. I don't really use a paci all that often as I'm mostly dl but every now and then my little side comes out. I prefer pacifiers r us because of all of the different mouth guard options. Never tried the other sites mentioned so I guess I'll have to check them out.