Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help me understand this

Default Help me understand this

Hey Everyone

Basically what it is , if i go to bed in a nappy 80% of the time i will wake up wet , if i chose not to wear i wake up completely dry , how is this possible ?

Thanks guys

Your body has become conditioned to wet when you have a diaper on at night.

That sounds like the ideal solution for night time. Doesn't happen to many people though from what I have heard. Normally you either can't wet at night or you wake up with a wet bed when you don't wear diapers. How did you get this great balance deano13?

Itís much the same here with the exception of an occasional accident when not wearing. Think basically in my mind diapers make it ok to wet. Drifting off in them after a bit of extra fluid Iím totally relaxed, my self-image is bed wetter and to my satisfaction it generally happens. When not planning/hoping to wet the bed thereís no extra fluid and diapers at bedtime, Iím a responsible adult.

Quote Originally Posted by babymt View Post
    That sounds like the ideal solution for night time. Doesn't happen to many people though from what I have heard. Normally you either can't wet at night or you wake up with a wet bed when you don't wear diapers. How did you get this great balance deano13?
    im not sure , when i wear i try not to think about it and just let go i often get a drink before bed and don't normally use the loo unless im desperate

Curious. I've worn at night for five or so years now yet have never once woken up wet having gone to sleep dry.

Sadly, I find it difficult to believe that I'll ever be in this situation. I'm a stomach sleeper and I've never been able to wet lying on my stomach, whether awake or sleep. I can't do it, no matter how much I relax, no matter how good the diaper. If I'm diapered at night, I'll sometimes wake up, sort of half stand up at the edge of the bed, wet, and then climb back in and go back to sleep. But that's the closest I've gotten.

This is a case of becoming 'diaper-trained' rather than un-pottytrained. You've become conditioned to know that it's okay to go if you're wearing a diaper.

Personally, I find that if I'm wearing, I'll rarely get up in the morning dry; but it's not so much that I've gone in my sleep so much as if I've woken up in the night needing to go (even a little), rather than getting up, I've just used the diaper- but I don't always remember in the morning.

It may also depend on whether you use the bathroom before you go to sleep, un-diapered, and don't use the bathroom before sleep, diapered. This is what I do when I'm wearing a diaper to bed and want to wet in my sleep. if I use the bathroom before I go to bed, I'll never wet during sleep.

Quote Originally Posted by philder74 View Post
    Curious. I've worn at night for five or so years now yet have never once woken up wet having gone to sleep dry.
    Iím surprised in five years of trying to wet in your sleep you have not had one success. Assume youíre waking during the night with the urge. If so, do you pee in your diaper and go back to sleep.