Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Meeting Other ABDLs

Default Meeting Other ABDLs

So I noticed on fetlife there is a meeting in my area for abdls.

A small part of me wants to go, but I know the chances that I do go are slim to none. It's kind of a catch 22, I would like to meet people like me but in order to do that I need to meet people in my area, but meeting people in my area is scarier than going somewhere far away and meeting people. Know what I mean? haha

Anyway, what do you guys think? Am I being dumb not to go?

Yes, you're missing out if you don't go, its always great to meet other human beings you can talk to about any problems, interests whatever.

Possibly go to one just a little bit outside your area if you're concerned about bumping into people.

Also it depends if its a complete dress up meet with everyone in costume or just casual in normal clothes like our pub meets - people are discreetly nappied underneath, but no-one would know unless they're in the know, to the other people in the pub its just another group of 4 or 5 friends having a beer.

It's a public place meet. I fully understand that it would probably be good to go but I'm just too shy :/and scared

Quote Originally Posted by ShyLittleBoy View Post
    It's a public place meet. I fully understand that it would probably be good to go but I'm just too shy :/and scared
    I'm kinda in the same situation, I found a littles munch online that's near me and I want to go but I'm scared that I would be to shy to really talk and meet the people who are there.

Quote Originally Posted by mommyslittlewiatt View Post
    I'm kinda in the same situation, I found a littles munch online that's near me and I want to go but I'm scared that I would be to shy to really talk and meet the people who are there.
    Yeah that's the same type of gathering I found. But I won't be able to go I know it, I'll just stay here and hug my Teddy Bear

Cherub

I've only been to one internet chat meet. It was just a regular public chat room meet & greet. It was being held only 37 miles from my house. So I went. It was so cool to see the 'real people' behind the screen names. It was in a ballroom at a hotel. What made it more fun is that you had a name tag that was like "Hello, my name is. . ." and you wrote your screen name on it. It made find others much more fun and interesting! What was even funner, was that a lot of people were going around calling each other by their screen names in the ball room. It was years ago, but I remember the even like yesterday. I almost didn't go, but in the end, I was so glad I did.

Granted, a regular chat room meet is different than an AB/DL meet. But I am sure you would have just as much fun!

I just recently went to my first meet up with people on fetlife! It was kind of scary, but I ad my friends with me and everyone there as super nice. I am going to go to another one hopefully Wednesday

Reading all this makes me want to go. But I can't if I had a friend to go with it might be possible. But I don't, at least any that are abdl and I doubt they would want to go, being not abdl haha

I do understand being shy and nervous, as I'm the same way, but I would still go. It's great meeting people with similar interests, you may even make a good friend. Unfortunately, there is no meetings near where I live, at least none that I know about. I'd take advantage of the opportunity if there was one near me.

In my experience, meetings like that aren't ideal but they're likely to be better than nothing. Unless you're socially outgoing, the better arrangement is likely to be meeting a friend or friends that you've cultivated online as opposed to just meeting a group of people relatively cold. Depending on the makeup of the group, going this route may require attending multiple get togethers to really interact with others. While this is the more difficult route, I think it's still likely better than just sitting around and feeling like you can't make contact with anyone. Give it a shot if it's at all practical.