Thread: Washing a Dependeco AIO for the first time

Default Washing a Dependeco AIO for the first time

I just got my first Dependeco AIO in the mail today, and I have to say, they gave excellent and speedy service. Getting ready to wash it for the first time and wondering, do I wash this with the diaper open and the velcro tabs exposed? In case you are wondering, I got mine in sunflower yellow... looks and feels awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by Straycatz View Post
    I just got my first Dependeco AIO in the mail today, and I have to say, they gave excellent and speedy service. Getting ready to wash it for the first time and wondering, do I wash this with the diaper open and the velcro tabs exposed? In case you are wondering, I got mine in sunflower yellow... looks and feels awesome!
    Be sure to fold the Velcro tabs back onto the laundry tabs. Wash with the diaper open.
    Last edited by oleman72; 21-Mar-2014 at 23:12.

About to wash mine for the first time, I've placed it in a bucket with cold water a few times and let it dry out but I think it needs a real wash this time, do I need hot or cold water, if it needs to be hot, I'll have to go to a laundromat, the machine we have in my appt complex is only connected to cold water. Also do I need a special kind of soap for it or the standard Gain can work (I can't resist the smell it gives once washed, but if it can screw up my diaper, I can get some Tide Cold Water that I have still around)

I prefer to wash mine in hot water. I also use Arm & Hammer with Oxi Clean. It's an all natural detergent product.

I've found they do ok in cold water, but the washer I use is also really programmable, I typically run a 40 minute wash, and 6 rinses

Lucky, here I can't choose anything on the machine, and I got busted this morning a new family just took off my opportunity to wash my stuff, hope I'll have another chance tomorrow, but there's usually another family that does use the only machine we have on sundays, I usually have only saturday morning but now, its a family with 4 kids that took my normal hours.

Cherub

I took the middle ground, and washed mine in warm, with Era laundry soap. I only used a little bit of soap on the first washing. I tumble dried on low heat. I had to send it through twice to get it all dried since I was using a low heat setting. The end result, it is softer now than when I first got it!