Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What is it about sleeping with stuffed animals

Default What is it about sleeping with stuffed animals

I never had a teddy bear when I was little so I never wanted one until recently when I become interested in getting one and I got my first teddy (he's a koala actually) and started sleeping with him. At first it was just sporadically but soon I felt a need to have him with me every night and now I don't sleep soundly without him. I feel so little, safe, secure and at peace when cuddling him. What is it about teddies and stuffed animals that comforts babies and adults?

I've had my teddy bear ever since childhood. I remember my mom giving him to me when she was still alive. It's one of the few things I still have from her. I've rarely slept without him, he goes with me almost everywhere. In fact, I'd go as far as to say my bear is one of my best friends. During troubled times as a kid and sometimes even now, I'd just speak all of my problems to it as if it were my best friend. I'd have full conversations and everything. xD I don't know what it is about teddy bears either, I think it's that they're just so soft and cute, but I'm just glad I have mine, I don't know what I'd do without the little guy. I'd definitely lose sleep and be one sad little, that's for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by ShAd0w10 View Post
    I've had my teddy bear ever since childhood. I remember my mom giving him to me when she was still alive. It's one of the few things I still have from her. I've rarely slept without him, he goes with me almost everywhere. In fact, I'd go as far as to say my bear is one of my best friends. During troubled times as a kid and sometimes even now, I'd just speak all of my problems to it as if it were my best friend. I'd have full conversations and everything. xD I don't know what it is about teddy bears either, I think it's that they're just so soft and cute, but I'm just glad I have mine, I don't know what I'd do without the little guy. I'd definitely lose sleep and be one sad little, that's for sure.
    Yep. I don't know what Id' do without mine either. Oh, and by the way, love the avatar, TJ rocks!

just recently found one of my childhood ones, its uncanny how much nostalgia and comfort can be attained from a single bear

I sleep with my stuffed giraffe every night I take him with me if Im staying the night somewhere.
    I had a couple stuffed animals when I was little and like shadow said I used to talk to them to my mom took my stuffed animals I had when I was little and put them in a box so they wouldnt get messed up but I wish I still had them.

Recently I bought a teddy bear and soon it became my sleep mate. I use to be sleeping with a blanky and give me more peace

I have found about this things to.

I sleep whit my Pikachu plushy every night and it make me feel weary comfy and relax and he is so soft special when i feel sad.

There really is something special about stuffed animals. I cant sleep well without having one with me. I'm not sure why it is so amazing, but I feel like if I had to loose my little side, my stuffed animals would be the last thing to go. I think my stuffed animals are one of the biggest elements of my little sides existence.

I think touching soft cuddly things is pretty integral to human happiness. It's not even specific to ABDLs. Pretty much all children have something to hold and hug, and I've heard from several married couples that the cuddling is one of the best parts. Not to mention that, even though they may deny it, many people with no ABDL tendencies at all sleep with a plushie and that sleeping with a plushie is NOT a tell that someone is ABDL. I think having something soft to hug is just a basic human desire. It feels good.

Some time ago I read an article that explained plushies pretty well. Basically a stuffed animal is an empty vessel that you can pour all of your emotions into it. They are always there for you day or night ready for playtimes, naptimes, bedtimes, breakups or breakdowns. No matter how upset you are you can pick up your little stuffed friend and pout, scream, cry, whatever into them. They are always there to love you and comfort you, to give themselves 100% when you need them.

I sleep with my huskey plush every night. We cuddle up, I squeeze him tight and I just can't help but feel better about life. You know what? I'm gonna go grab him now, I feel a hug coming on. :3