Thread: Shipping to a post office (Canada)

Default Shipping to a post office (Canada)

A quick question for our Canadian members. Do any of you have any experience having your orders shipped to a post office and held until you pick them up rather then them being brought to your door? Im not talking about renting a P.O. Box there, but using something I believe is called General Delivery, but Canada Posts website isn't to descriptive on it.

I used card for pickup on my last order however it didn't get put onto the shipping label despite being in the special information/directions box on the site. -shrug-

I think Canada post mostly prefer to ignore anything that is wrote on the packages they carry around, they don't read it most of the time so be careful with them.

It sounds like the merchant didn't catch your special instructions. I'd send them a heads-up email before ordering next time just to be sure they're aware.

I am from the US, but I have dealt with many consumers in Canada, Australia, Europe, etc. - the best way to get diapers without fellow housemates knowing is post office hold/pick-up. You can look up which post offices are nearest to you and even have it delivered to a specific one, but the package must be clearly marked "HOLD FOR PICK-UP". Be sure the merchant you buy from marks the shipping label very clearly to avoid it being overlooked. I usually circle with red ink to make sure when sending packages.

Quote Originally Posted by jeremyi View Post
    It sounds like the merchant didn't catch your special instructions. I'd send them a heads-up email before ordering next time just to be sure they're aware.
    It seems like I will have to do just that even though I contacted them before to make sure they will actually follow the instructions should I put that there. I guess the guy who told me yes wasn't of the same mindset as the ones printing up the shipping label as I did type in Card For Pick-up (Which is what Canada Posts website says it is) it just didnt get from that special instructions section on the order website to the label itself and ended up being left with my folks. (2 apartment home, I live in one, them the other) While they dont pry per say, a large case showing up always draws the innocent: "Oh you got a package?" lol