Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AB Universe Vs. Bambino

Default AB Universe Vs. Bambino

I learned something new today. I knew Classy Comfort bought there own diaper machine and make them here in the US which is why there prices are sky high, and i knew AB Universe and Bambino were made overseas in china somewhere...

What i learned today however is both AB Universe and Bambino come right off the same assembly line at the same factory... Here is the proof:

Baby Print Disposable Adult Diapers with Design, View diapers with design, OEM Product Details from Weifang Gold Yiming Hygienic Products Co., Ltd. on Alibaba.com

Both are made by Weifand Gold Yiming Hygenic Products. Ltd.

So they do offer the diaper in different absorbencies, with or without wasitband, and one tab or 2.
    You would think that Bambinos would be heavier and more absorbent to justify cost. Not the case, take a look at the 3 pictures attached, Bambino came in dead last at 122g with AB Universe sitting comfortable at 153g and Classy Comfort taking the prize at 166g.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20140319_213704.jpg 
Views:	439 
Size:	62.8 KB 
ID:	20363Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20140319_213745.jpg 
Views:	523 
Size:	66.7 KB 
ID:	20364Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bambino2.jpg 
Views:	790 
Size:	74.5 KB 
ID:	20365

Here is the breakdown on price for that comparison....

AB Universe:
    one case of 80 @ $96 - standard 10% discount = $86.40 (excudes all over diaper print which is slightly higher)
    Shipping at $29.70 - 40% discount = $17.82
    Total cost for case: 104.22
    Total Cost per Diaper: $1.30

Bambino:
    One case of 48 @ $67 ~ $90.72 depending on print, all over print not available.
    Shipping - free
    Total cost per case $67 ~ $90.72
    Total cost per diaper - $1.395 ~ $1.89

Hint: ABU's diapers go on sale every once in a while, and it's a lot better then 3%

Here's question i have... both get there product from the same place and have access to all of the prints available from the manufacturer, so why the hell doesnt one of them starting selling this..... Take a look at the 5th image over

All Over Printed Adult Nappy Size M/l/xl - Buy Adult Nappy,Baby Print Adult Diapers,Disposable Adult Briefs Product on Alibaba.com

I see the ABUniverse SDK's in the first link and Cushies in the second link. Am I missing the info for Bambino diapers somewhere?

Both are in the first link, scroll down. The second link at the bottom i referenced for a different reason, take a look at the sweet looking pattern on the 5th image over..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bambino2.jpg 
Views:	123 
Size:	74.5 KB 
ID:	20366  

Quote Originally Posted by SkirtedBaby View Post
    Both are in the first link, scroll down. The second link at the bottom i referenced for a different reason, take a look at the sweet looking pattern on the 5th image over..
    I thought classy comfort were no longer made?

If I'm not mistaken, Fabine and Cuddlz diapers are also made on the same machine in China. The only difference between the various 'perimium' abdl diapers is the padding composition, prints, and some other details like number of leg elastics etc etc.

I myself don't buy from ABU because of some personal reasons and the fact that they've had some questionable business practices in the past. However, they fill a niche...and options are good.

I do sort of wish another prominant diaper-manufacturer would pop up (aside from the big one used in China) as it would force the existing companies to face some much needed competition that isn't interrelated with the China manufacture being a common denominator all the time. Really, the only 'competition' going on right now is who can come up with a slightly different diaper with a different print off of the same diaper machine. Imagine what it would be like if an entirely different company came along with their own unique style of diapers.

Quote Originally Posted by Blacksmith View Post
    I thought classy comfort were no longer made?
    I thought so too. But I found this site. http://www.classycomfortdiapers.com/index.html

Quote Originally Posted by BabyToddler View Post
    I thought so too. But I found this site. http://www.classycomfortdiapers.com/index.html
    Have you bought any?

Interesting.....didn't know these facts. Big question though.....which diaper holds more fluid???

CrinklySiren

Don't buy from classy comfort. Ridiculously expensive, the tint on the outside bleeds when it gets wet or when a bit of moisture is applied, and 3rd, i placed an order that i was fully charged and never received, I called to cancel and get a refund after waiting for 2 months for a shipment coming from northern US (im in florida), and the seller didn't respond, so I had to open a claim with paypal for it... really not worth the price OR the trouble. How the person who runs it still has a business is beyond me.

I also hate the sizes of those classy comforts. There is in between sizes is why looking at the waist/hip measurements.