Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Why do we do these things??

Default Why do we do these things??

Why do we like diapers? Why do we enjoy being babies?

If you could press a button and all your desire for abdl things would go away, would you do it?

Etc, etc, These are very common questions I'm sure most, if not all, of you have been asked.

I'm getting sick of hearing these types of questions. They an invalid questions to me because why ask it in the first place? You would never gets asked these questions about anything else that you enjoy doing. No one would ever ask me why I like playing tennis (to the same detailed reasoning). Or if I could be rid of my enjoyment of piano would I do it.

It's not hurting anyone, including myself. It maybe be considered "weird" or whatever by some, but hey I think Curling is fucking weird.(not to offend anyone that curls, if you like it go for it; that's part of the point).

What I'm trying to say is that any activity could be considered weird or pointless by someone(like golf :P) but other people will enjoy doing it.

This is the way I've been kinda thinking about the whole abdl thing lately. You can analyze to death why I like playing tennis, but who cares? I'm sure there is environmental reasons, maybe genetics, that would contribute to me liking racket sports and not hockey for example. Same could be said for abdl.

Who cares about the Origin, just live.

What do you think?

I agree, but it is understandable that people would ask these sorts of questions any way, given the social abnormality of it all. Its an issue of shame over something that doesn't really deserve shame. The stigma that was created during childhood that wearing diapers is a bad thing because being grown up is what you should be. But honestly, it really shouldn't be looked at as being different than liking tennis or whatever. Heck, people who really like to swim probably prefer to wear their swim clothes whenever they can, so they per say, have a preferred item they like to wear. We just like regressing, and hence have a preferred item to wear.

For me, the questioning was a phase I went through. I don't think it was quite as urgent as some I have seen post here, so maybe it was easier to give up the eternal "Why?!?!?" for me. It's not that I never think about it and truthfully, I would like to know just to assuage my curiosity. Having said that, I have strong doubts that knowing would make any real difference to me.

I'm happy with it, having learned how to do good things with it and to be more comfortable with myself. I would say it's more of a journey than a destination but it's a much better path than the one where I was wishing it was gone or expending a lot of mental energy on something so ephemeral that I don't see how it's possible to know with any certainty.

CrinklySiren

Quote Originally Posted by ShyLittleBoy View Post
    I'm getting sick of hearing these types of questions. They an invalid questions to me because why ask it in the first place? You would never gets asked these questions about anything else that you enjoy doing. No one would ever ask me why I like playing tennis (to the same detailed reasoning). Or if I could be rid of my enjoyment of piano would I do it.
    Tell it like it is!

It's not hurting anyone, including myself. It maybe be considered "weird" or whatever by some, but hey I think Curling is fucking weird.(not to offend anyone that curls, if you like it go for it; that's part of the point).
    LMAO!!!! This one knocked me on my ass hahahaha. I think curling is fucking weird too xD

What I'm trying to say is that any activity could be considered weird or pointless by someone(like golf :P) but other people will enjoy doing it.

This is the way I've been kinda thinking about the whole abdl thing lately. You can analyze to death why I like playing tennis, but who cares? I'm sure there is environmental reasons, maybe genetics, that would contribute to me liking racket sports and not hockey for example. Same could be said for abdl.

What do you think?
    Humans have this insatiable appetite to find a purpose or answer for everything they don't understand, and its because of this that that same pointless question continues on. Not to mention that society has pressured us to be "normal" when we are all walking around trying to live up to this idea of "normal" and none of us see that normality is not real. At some point, someone is going to stop to ask they other random stranger, "hey, who are you trying to be normal for? Because Im sure as hell not normal, and i don't mind if you're not normal either." so we can all realize that the people we are trying to be "normal" for, are just as heavily desiring to not feel pressured into normality for what seems to be ourselves. Simple Translation: People are hiding from themselves because society has forced us to believe we have to hide from ourselves. Hence why people need to find a reason for all things out-of-the-norm, to help justify to themselves or to others a valid reason for it... when, as you so perfectly stated, no explanation is ever needed for people who are passionate about something as seemingly pointless (to you and I) as curling LOL

Why do we like diapers? Why do we enjoy being babies?

If you could press a button and all your desire for abdl things would go away, would you do it?

Etc, etc, These are very common questions I'm sure most, if not all, of you have been asked.

What do you think?
    To be completely honest, I feel like your comparisons aren't quite as relative as you think. I believe it is entirely human nature to compete and excel. So even the most menial sport would be much more appreciated by the average person than a desire to regress. Not to say people don't want to regress and just relax all their lives, but it seems counter-intuitive to society's general push to progress and not regress. That could be a significant portion of the reasoning behind people finding regression strange.

The thing is, usually people pose these questions to themselves before they pose it to others. Introspection should always involve questioning as to why you do things and what is the purpose of them. I find it to be paramount to understanding the self. I often ask myself what it is I like about playing Bass. Why don't I prefer guitar like my friends? Why don't I want to play a harmonica instead when it would be one of the easiest instruments to carry (and probably cheapest too)? There's nothing wrong with asking these questions and wondering. Just as with diapers and me being an AB/DL. Wondering what life would be like without these things makes me appreciate the fact that I am one. Sure some things might SEEM better, but the more often I introspect on those topics, the more I realize how blessed I am to be who I am collectively and not just who I am in part. Every one of those details, whether they are perceived as good or bad, contributes to the person as a whole. Asking those important questions helped me realize that.

Well that's fine that you feel that way. But personally I'm the type of person to ask myself why I would find curling weird. What is it that YOU find weird about curling? Does that say something about your personality, beliefs or thought processes?

There is always a multitude of reasons behind anything and everything in life. But just because they are overwhelming doesn't mean they aren't worth examining.
    Last edited by BigKid25; 19-Mar-2014 at 20:37. Reason: misspelled 'quote'

I think we as humans can be to judgemental, but I say each to their own . I mean everyone is different after all. Wouldn't life be boring if we all the same?

Quote Originally Posted by CrinklyEmilyLG View Post
    Not to mention that society has pressured us to be "normal" when we are all walking around trying to live up to this idea of "normal" and none of us see that normality is not real. At some point, someone is going to stop to ask they other random stranger, "hey, who are you trying to be normal for? Because Im sure as hell not normal, and i don't mind if you're not normal either." so we can all realize that the people we are trying to be "normal" for, are just as heavily desiring to not feel pressured into normality for what seems to be ourselves. Simple Translation: People are hiding from themselves because society has forced us to believe we have to hide from ourselves.
    I would argue that the idea of something being 'normal' wouldn't exist if there wasn't some sort of commonality in society. Normalcy (in terms of being 'normal' in society) is a social construct based on what most people agree with in their social interactions. Therefore, maybe there are plenty of people who have fairly normal lives and that's the reason we perceive them as such. Not to say there aren't unique facets of their lives, but maybe they're just being 'normal' for themselves.

Do I like to wear toddler styled clothes and the like? Sure.
    Would I like to wear them out and about in public? Maybe.
    Is society pressuring me to not wear those types of clothes? Of course.
    But do I have the option to? Yes.

So why do I allow society to influence my views?

Because I am a part of society and some of these normal seeming ideas are just as much a part of me as my individuality is a part of society. We can't keep blaming 'society' for its viewpoints because it's a collective viewpoint derived from people who usually believe what they actually say, regardless of how misguided it may seem to us. Going back to the point I was trying to make about the toddler clothing I enjoy wearing, why wouldn't I want to 'be myself' and have society applaud my individuality by going out in that clothing? Well, because I personally just don't want to be perceived like that.

Let's be honest here, people judge off first glances. The way your present yourself in looks, actions and words speaks multitudes about how you view yourself. Whether you want to play the 'looks don't matter' game or not is irrelevant to the fact that it's a part of the equation. I view myself as being a child in private. I'm an ADULT baby (emphasis on adult). My little side is free to be shown off whenever I want to, but I don't want other people to look at me and see a man trying to be a child. I would like to hold a bit of respect by presenting myself in an adult manner. I can be childish and have fun at times, but there's a time and a place for that. And the people who really know me won't judge me for that. But we can't expect random people to just all of a sudden see something that they don't personally agree with and have to deal with it by not expressing their disapproval. That would just be a double standard for expression of self where if you're not 'individual' then you're a vanilla lame-o who needs to 'express their individuality more' to the point where anything in common with someone else is shunned. Obviously I'm using hyperbole here, but the point I'm trying to make is maybe their personality is individual to them but has common traits among other people which is what makes us perceive them as normal. And that makes them all feel relieved to be a part of a group that relates to them.

Once we found this group, didn't we all feel normal? Like we belonged? We all have individual traits, but the 'normal' aspect of this site is that we all like diapers or regression to some extent. If a bunch of DL's on here expressed their reasoning and disapproval of regression, then the only reason someone would feel pressured to conform is if they lacked the self-esteem to say "Well I'm sorry you all feel that way." But does that mean the DL's would be wrong for expressing their opinions, even if it influenced someone who apparently wasn't sure about their feelings on the matter anyway?

Everyone has a personal fable and a tendency to take their experiences and make them seem as uniquely individual to themselves as possible to prevent this idea that they might be just like other people. But it's just as much human nature to want to connect with people on a similar level. A level that feels 'normal'.

Hence why people need to find a reason for all things out-of-the-norm, to help justify to themselves or to others a valid reason for it... when, as you so perfectly stated, no explanation is ever needed for people who are passionate about something as seemingly pointless (to you and I) as curling LOL
    Normally people want to understand what makes someone abnormal. Abnormalities are part of what makes life interesting and the thing is, normal people usually want to connect with these people. If they try to reject the abnormality, then it is simply out of ignorance. If that's the case, shouldn't we question things and find explanations so that normal people can understand what makes people different? Wouldn't that understanding breed empathy and relation? And wouldn't that relation eventually become normal once it become common enough for people to recognize it as such? Then would normalcy still be shunned by communities who feel abnormal?

Wierd ? the meaning of this word is clearly unclear. it depends on point of view. Once i was in high school one of teacher show us one funy mind experiment.
    Our task was to imagine culture where eating was considerate as so intimate and tabo thing as sex and sexuality in our society. And then imagine how members of this imaginary society would look at us when they realize that we organize special "food orgy" to celebrate important events.

Why i'am doing diaper stuf ? it's make me happy , and give alot of satisfaction, if i had a choice to "turn off" my ABDL side ? this decision would be most dificult decision in my entire life. I think that ABDL gives me unique view on many things, and it make me better man. Now i can understand everyone and everythig. Now i clearly see that in all things you can find positives , and beside all of adverse circumstances you can be happy , only thing you must do is to accept things you can't change, and configure other for your own choice.

P.S I'am teribly sorry for my hazy thoughts writen down in a clumsy way. But currently i'am suffering from "Office tempraly brain damage " and my mental performance is compromised

I think BigKid25 raises an interesting point. Society as a whole favors progress. Even here, where people like regression, I bet the vast majority of posters believe in concepts like technological and scientific progress. They're deeply ingrained into society.

I haven't thought about it before, but how do progression and regression mix together in a personality? Why do I both want to travel back mentally to a time when I couldn't make it to the potty, yet also want to advance my career, my relationships, and see society advance as well? I don't consciously think about it, but maybe regression is tied into trying to find a point of consistent stability and familiarity? Something we understand and that has been known for our whole lives at some level.