Thread: Help - What am I doing wrong

Default Help - What am I doing wrong

I got my first cloth AIO yesterday and I was very excited. I have other cloth diapers, but they feel too thick in the crotch to sleep in.

Last night I added a stuffer and diapered up. It was great, but before I went to sleep I had to wet a couple of times (not floods though). I turned on my side to sleep (I always sleep on my side, which was one reason I tried AIO as so many people here recommend them). Unfortunately I leaked almost immediately. While my wife was very understanding I don't want this to happen again. I sleep most nights in an Abena M4 and have never had any leaks, they can take anything.

So please could I have some advice as to what I am doing wrong with the AIO. I am using a KINS AIO with a KINS plastic pant.

Many thanks for your help.

Quote Originally Posted by babymt View Post
    I got my first cloth AIO yesterday and I was very excited. I have other cloth diapers, but they feel too thick in the crotch to sleep in.

Last night I added a stuffer and diapered up. It was great, but before I went to sleep I had to wet a couple of times (not floods though). I turned on my side to sleep (I always sleep on my side, which was one reason I tried AIO as so many people here recommend them). Unfortunately I leaked almost immediately. While my wife was very understanding I don't want this to happen again. I sleep most nights in an Abena M4 and have never had any leaks, they can take anything.

So please could I have some advice as to what I am doing wrong with the AIO. I am using a KINS AIO with a KINS plastic pant.

Many thanks for your help.
    It will take 5 to 6 washings to get all of the oils out of the material. That will increase the absorbency of the diaper with each washing.
    For my Dependeco AIO's I use Arm & Hammer with Oxi Clean to wash mine. Also don't use fabric softner or dryer sheets on them.

Thanks oleman72. I will try that. How many stuffers/doublers would you recommend?

Quote Originally Posted by babymt View Post
    Thanks oleman72. I will try that. How many stuffers/doublers would you recommend?
    For myself I wear just one stuffer with my AIO for overnight. For daytime I don't use a stuffer with my AIO unless I'm breaking
    in a new one. That you might have to experiment with stuffers to fit your needs.

As a question, do either of you use plastic pants for extra protection?

Quote Originally Posted by oleman72 View Post
    It will take 5 to 6 washings to get all of the oils out of the material. That will increase the absorbency of the diaper with each washing.
    For my Dependeco AIO's I use Arm & Hammer with Oxi Clean to wash mine. Also don't use fabric softner or dryer sheets on them.
    That's actually good information for when I get mine. Thanks.

I use Polyurethane pants as they are more comfortable, but I also have vinyl pants.
    Last edited by PyjamaBaby; 20-Mar-2014 at 12:10.

Quote Originally Posted by dogboy View Post
    As a question, do either of you use plastic pants for extra protection?
    Dogboy with the way my volume is I can get by without wearing plastic pants over my Dependeco's. The sewn in PUL
    liner handles it. I haven't had any wet jammies yet.

Thanks for the info. I suppose people's nighttime flow would determine extra precaution or not.