Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is it bad to binge?

Default Is it bad to binge?

I've been padded nonstop since last Friday. I've only been taking them off when necessary (shower, change, etc), just to put some fresh ones on afterwards. Stealth at work and at the gym, pants off at home.

I usually only get padded about twice a week at random, but I'm finding recently I'm just WAY more comfortable being padded constantly. It's a nice butt cushion that follows me everywhere, I can sit anywhere, it muffles poots, it's still warm when it's cold and windy, it's poofy, and I'm always dry and comfy. Taking them off generates a "Well, there's a draft in here" kind of feeling.

There's never any purge going on for me. Just the occasional binge. I'm realizing slowly that being an ABDL is becoming an integral part of who I am. I'm just kind of worried thought that my occasional 'hobby' is becoming a 'habit' and integrated.

So my question is, is there a point where this is unhealthy for me? I realize I might be barking at the wrong tree by asking an ABDL discussion board for a counter opinion, given I don't expect many people to see it as a 'bad thing', but who else am I going to ask? :p

On top of that, though slightly offtopic, I've starting dating recently and a bit unsure about when to break it to them, or when and how I should break it to them. The recent binging is reminding me how much more difficult I can make it for myself by allowing this to go on.

Err, any words of wisdom? :c

Nothing wrong at all with it, so long as you can do enjoy having them with a measure of discipline and sensibility.

Although it's cliche and oft repeated, wearing diapers is a much more harmless vice than other more 'normal' pasttimes (like drugs, alcohol, etc). So long as you stay within your financial means, and take care of yourself in a responsible manner, indulging a bit is totally fine.

This doesn't mean go totally crazy 24/7 all day every day. But every now and then...? Sure! why not?
    Last edited by Dan09; 19-Mar-2014 at 01:37.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan09 View Post
    Nothing wrong at all with it, so long as you can do enjoy having them with a measure of dicipline and sensibility.

Although it's cliche and oft repeated, wearing diapers is a much more harmless vice than other more 'normal' pasttimes (like drugs, alcohol, etc). So long as you stay within your finacial means, and take care of yourself in a responsible manner, indulging a bit is totally fine.

This doesn't mean go totally crazy 24/7 all day every day. But every now and then...? Sure! why not?
    This makes sense. As long as you can keep up with the rest of your life, enjoy yourself. For the most part, I indulge whenever the mood strikes and for however long. It's the purging and withdrawing from the necessities of life that you have to watch out for.

Lozza1979

I have been wearing 24/7 for nearly a month now and love it so far.I wouldn't call it binging, I'm just simply doing it as I have enough nappies available and enjoy it.If I run out and find I cant afford to wear 24/7 then so be it, but if I can keep it up then great.The only time I would be worried about nappy usage is if it became in control of your life,that is you put aside family, friends, work and/or become withdrawn due to your nappy habits.Then you need to stop.I wear 24/7 but I don't let it affect my life, I still see family and friends and do regular stuff.I'm unemployed at the moment, but when I do find work again, obviously I'll have to ditch the nappies.I can stop any time I want, I guess I'm just enjoying my freedom for now.

I'll attempt to play the devil's advocate here and give my concerns about binging:

Firstly I'd like to say that I wear on a similar schedule to you, a couple times per week with the occasional weekend binge. This is what I try to look out for if I am going to be diapered from Friday night through Monday morning:

1) Hygiene: I make sure I dry my self off during changes and take appropriate skin care precautions.

2) Knowing when it's too full: For me anyways, I find most diapers are quite prone to leaking when I sit down, esp if I wet it while standing then sit. I've taken to putting a towel down on the couch if it is getting close to the limit to avoid spilling on furniture. Though my better half is very supportive and understanding of my diaper wearing, she would not be pleased if I left pee stains on the bed or couch.

3) Proper disposal: I make sure I empty the garbage frequently (at least daily) to avoid urine odors.

Like the other posters have said, it is pretty harmless. It's easy to take precautions that will keep you happy and healthy. I'm sure there are other things to watch out for if you use your diapers for #2, but that is something I don't do, so I don't really have any qualified advice.

I don't think there's anything wrong with wearing diapers 24/7 as long as it doesn't interfere with the things you would normally do if you weren't wearing. If it interferes with socializing, sport activities, etc., then take a break. Otherwise, diaper on!

No, there's nothing wrong with it.

The reason behind the increases of wanting to wear is probably that YOU are more comfortable with YOURSELF. Usually when being alone kind of brings the bad out of us, before I discovered others like me, I hated myself for it. I didn't participate as much as I do now because I feel better about myself knowing that I'm just an average person beyond this. ADISC has brought me a lot more positive outlooks on my self, and I became more comfortable wearing diapers and such more often.

You're just at a point that you are able to accept this side of you. Now you're more open and welcoming with yourself about this.

My understanding is that the problem isn't so much the bingeing, but rather the purging associated with a binge/purge cycle.
    Purging is a rejection of your self.
    Bingeing is mostly harmless if you take care of yourself and can afford it.
    I'd say give them a miss at the gym.

As for telling your partner. I wouldn't rush, but maybe have a discussion, or even a game that involves divulging fetishes.
    Start with commonplace kinks and escalate.

And lets not have the conversation about whether or not abdl stuff is a fetish.

Quote Originally Posted by mimiBadger View Post
    So my question is, is there a point where this is unhealthy for me? I realize I might be barking at the wrong tree by asking an ABDL discussion board for a counter opinion, given I don't expect many people to see it as a 'bad thing', but who else am I going to ask? :p
    The point where it becomes unhealthy is the point in which it starts interfering in a negative way with your normal day to day life. If it's causing a strain on your finances, or causes you to turn down an activity with your friends because you'd rather stay home diapered, or causing hygiene issues, etc., then it's time to take a serious look at what sort of priorities you're giving it. Otherwise, have fun.

The only other caution I'd add is that, as with any entertaining activity, it can be easy to get too carried away. Personally, if I start allowing myself to do whatever I feel like doing without attempting to moderate it, I'll eventually find myself in a situation where I blew through a weekend playing games the entire time and now it's monday, the house is a mess, and I have classes I haven't studied for.

Quote Originally Posted by irnub View Post
    The point where it becomes unhealthy is the point in which it starts interfering in a negative way with your normal day to day life. If it's causing a strain on your finances, or causes you to turn down an activity with your friends because you'd rather stay home diapered, or causing hygiene issues, etc., then it's time to take a serious look at what sort of priorities you're giving it. Otherwise, have fun.

The only other caution I'd add is that, as with any entertaining activity, it can be easy to get too carried away. Personally, if I start allowing myself to do whatever I feel like doing without attempting to moderate it, I'll eventually find myself in a situation where I blew through a weekend playing games the entire time and now it's monday, the house is a mess, and I have classes I haven't studied for.
    While I absolutely agree that keeping perspective is important, I also think that an "everything in moderation, including moderation" approach works best for me. Sometimes, a binge on one thing or another is absolutely the way to go. It's when the gross indulgence becomes the rule rather than the exception that you have a problem brewing.