Default The Metal Thread

Let's talk a bit about metal...

Recent notable releases:

Future releases:

Sonata Arctica - Pariah's Child
    Septicflesh - Titan
    Wintersun - Time II
    Anaal Nathrakh - ???

What are you listening to? Favorite metal albums? Looking forward to any future releases?

Discovered a new band? Share it here!

I have so much catching up to do since I'm still kind of stuck on the new Transatlantic. Psyched for new Sonata, though.

Quote Originally Posted by ClandestineWing View Post
    I have so much catching up to do since I'm still kind of stuck on the new Transatlantic. Psyched for new Sonata, though.
    I'm cautiously optimistic for new Sonata. 'Stones Grow Her Name' didn't do much for me. The band are saying all the right things to get me interested, and with them returning to their old logo for this release it's hard not to get excited.

I love metal, specially female fronted symphonic metal. My favorite band are Within Temptation, Leaves Eyes', Kamelot, Delain, Epica, Amaranthe, Nightwish and the sort. I'm hyped for Delain's new album, just got WT's new one which is AWESOME. And I'm going to see Sonata Arctica live next year!

Quote Originally Posted by D0ris View Post
    New tool album this year though
    Oh God, yes.

Lozza1979

I listen to Black Metal.There's alot of good bands from Russia and Ukraine like Temnozor and Dub Buk.I also love Slayer and have seen them live a few times.It feels weird to be a guy who likes extreme metal who likes wearing nappies and My Little Pony.

I'm woefully ignorant of Tool's music. What album of theirs would you guys recommend as a good starting point?

Quote Originally Posted by kik91 View Post
    I love metal, specially female fronted symphonic metal. My favorite band are Within Temptation, Leaves Eyes', Kamelot, Delain, Epica, Amaranthe, Nightwish and the sort. I'm hyped for Delain's new album, just got WT's new one which is AWESOME. And I'm going to see Sonata Arctica live next year!
    They aren't a symphonic metal band, but have you heard of Seven Kingdoms? Their debut album was male fronted, but their two most recent have had a female singer. Also check out Battle Beast.

Anema and The Holy Gift are Tools 2 best albums IMO

I'm pretty much into the kinda low-fi, fuzzy stuff...

These two have gotten pretty much a constant spin this month...

Troubles self-titled: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BtJcT698yec

Gravewurm's Black Fire: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdIio60Jgdw

Don't ask me why I like Gravewurm so much.

I recently went and saw Jucifer which was incredibly loud and I regret forgetting my ear plugs that show. Still a great show (to me any way) You either love drone doom/black metal or think it's pure shit. I was pretty surprised NPR recorded a show:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G5132RkO_Sg

I also saw Saint Vitus back in October, and it was my biggest fanboy moment to get a picture with Wino.