Thread: Regression via Media

Default Regression via Media

So, as I was going into my local EBGames to get my Lay-By/Lay-Away all sorted for my WiiU and everything for it.

One of the many things I put in with the console (aside from additional WiiMotes and Games) was a starter pack of Disney Infinity.

And it got me thinking, one of the big reasons I wanted to get this game is literally because it appeals to the little side of me. The side that loves Disney, the free-roaming toybox mode and the different stages that come with each character.

To put it simply, my little side would hate me if I didn't get this for the console that is essentially made every kids best friend, Nintendo!

So, it got me thinking, what kind of forms of media do you feel like you could lose your little side in, for better or worse?

Cartoons mostly, I'm not invested enough to buy games that appeal to my little side. I still live with my parents so I can't be too obvious, for years I've just had a stash of dummies that did me just fine. Occasionally I mix it up with nappies and/or balloons.Today I was outside for over half an hour, sucking my dummy in public! (I've only done this once before). So aside from the occasional exciting impulse I don't need anything to bring out my babyish side.

A couple months ago I bought the game kingdom hearts for my ps3 because I remember playing it when I was little. I've been looking for old game systems I had when I was little like super Nintendo and Nintendo 64.

I don't have a little side of my own but I do play on a lot of emulators for old consoles like the C64 and Mega Drive, reminds me of when I was a kid many moons ago.

CrinklySiren

I'm kind of picky with the video games I play, so my little side is practically nowhere to be found when I'm playing games like Dark Souls and The Witcher. Full of gore and foul language lol. I don't think there is any form of media that absorbs or reflects my little side other than music, but obviously only certain music and certain songs that inexplicably appeal to my little side.

Quote Originally Posted by CrinklyEmilyLG View Post
    I'm kind of picky with the video games I play, so my little side is practically nowhere to be found when I'm playing games like Dark Souls and The Witcher. Full of gore and foul language lol. I don't think there is any form of media that absorbs or reflects my little side other than music, but obviously only certain music and certain songs that inexplicably appeal to my little side.
    I keep playing dark souls two all padded up, mostly for convenience but I have been keeping my stuffed triceratops Trevor next to me for "The gutter" because it stresses me out lol.
    My girlfriend gives me looks and asks if I should be playing these kinds of games at my age lol.

As to the actual thread I was a huge gamer kid so I keep emulators for the mega drive and Snes purely for nostalgia or if I truly regress they are healthier then the gore-fests I usually play. Fun topic.

CrinklySiren

Quote Originally Posted by Vyse View Post
    I keep playing dark souls two all padded up, mostly for convenience but I have been keeping my stuffed triceratops Trevor next to me for "The gutter" because it stresses me out lol.
    My girlfriend gives me looks and asks if I should be playing these kinds of games at my age lol.

As to the actual thread I was a huge gamer kid so I keep emulators for the mega drive and Snes purely for nostalgia or if I truly regress they are healthier then the gore-fests I usually play. Fun topic.
    Incidentally... I'm stuck at that insufferably frustrating a-hole Smelter Demon... I've died 8 times already fighting that ass with 2 summoned people T_T

Quote Originally Posted by CrinklyEmilyLG View Post
    Incidentally... I'm stuck at that insufferably frustrating a-hole Smelter Demon... I've died 8 times already fighting that ass with 2 summoned people T_T
    Best I can tell you is a shield with 100% fire block, I use gyrm great shield because I have high strength. Good luck!