Thread: Diaper Hiatus

redheadedboy

Question Diaper Hiatus

So, I have worn a diaper in probably 6 months. I've still be frequenting boards and chats but I just haven't worn. My fiencee doesn't like it so I just haven't is it enough for you to just see it online or do you need to wear as well? For me this seems to be enough.

I find that it's important for me actually to wear diapers at least occasionally. It's also important for me to wet them, at least occasionally. Looking at pictures online and participating in forums is not enough.

That said, it's not important for me to wear diapers on a daily basis. I also don't think it would be a deal-breaker for me if my partner didn't want to get involved in ABDL activities with me. (As it happens, my partner is okay with my wearing diapers when he's around, as long as they stay clean and dry, and he sometimes does put a diaper on me. I'm really grateful for his willingness to accommodate my kink.)

You didn't ask our advice, but I can't resist saying...make sure that you and your fiancee work out this issue before you get married. Don't make promises you can't keep.

Quote Originally Posted by buridan View Post
    You didn't ask our advice, but I can't resist saying...make sure that you and your fiancee work out this issue before you get married. Don't make promises you can't keep.
    Yes, this is true. Better to resolve it now than later...

Quote Originally Posted by redheadedboy View Post
    So, I have worn a diaper in probably 6 months. I've still be frequenting boards and chats but I just haven't worn. My fiencee doesn't like it so I just haven't is it enough for you to just see it online or do you need to wear as well? For me this seems to be enough.
    Although I have gone years with only the sort of indulgence you describe, it was with the understanding in myself that it was temporary. It's not something I would consider giving up as a relationship requirement. I see participation as negotiable but acceptance in a committed relationship isn't.

Talk it out. Tell your bride-to-be that it is a part of you to accept from time to time, or you will have to give them up. Unless you do it in secret, which is very hard to do when you're with someone. Good luck and keep us posted!

This is not something that can be done and over with. You'll always be whether participating or not. it's up to you whether or not you just want to keep compressing your desires to be with this person, or come to a mutual agreement about the situation (keep it in your own privacy and time), or go behind her/his back and participate, or stop the relationship.

The numbers are against the relationship. You will eventually indulge, be caught, it's a matter of when it happens. If you say that you wouldn't do it, she'll be mad for being lied to.

Marriage is unconditional love so to speak, and it comes with all the baggage from both of you. You can't just accept only pieces of a each other. This isn't a variety bag of Jelly Belly, when you throw away the flavors that you don't like.

You're going to have to say, "I am who I am, you obviously loved me when you didn't know about this side of me, it was there then, it's me now, and it will be me tomorrow". Use your own words to get a point across.

This isn't a drug, there is no one to fix it as this is so deeply embedded within us. This relationship will probably get bad eventually if there isn't some kind of acceptance.

If you do find that you're feeling okay after 6 months without wearing, there's no need to be confrontational with her. I agree with this thread that you're very unlikely to be able to keep a promise to never wear again. At some point done stress or trigger will probably get you craving pretty badly. But just tell get it's bothering you, it's not something you need her to be involved in, and stress the importance of honesty in the relationship. If she isn't willing to let you indulge, even discreetly on your own time, it's a pretty good warning sign for other problems down the road.