Thread: Another running streak

Default Another running streak

I just got back from my usual six mile run. It was a cold but sunny day and I felt great.

Last Saturday, March 8th, I reached a one-year anniversary of running every single day without missing and at a minimum distance of six miles per day. So it's now been a year and eight days. My last streak went on for 465 days so I'm nowhere near my previous record but I'm aiming to beat it.

Does anybody else have their own little records or achievement which aren't exactly world records but still a fun story to let others know about? Anything you're proud of that you wanted to share but didn't feel it was newsworthy? Small victories that made a huge impact in your life? Let's brag a bit!

That's quite a feat! While I discovered that I don't find joy in running long distance, I do find the exitement in sprinting. If I care to go any lengthy span of distance for recreation I use my bicyle.

I don't have any personal discernable record to speak of. I guess I was never goal-driven this way. Sounds like a gruelling regimen to stick to. Perhaps my level of laziness interferes.

Quote Originally Posted by ilostthesheriff View Post
    That's quite a feat! While I discovered that I don't find joy in running long distance, I do find the exitement in sprinting. If I care to go any lengthy span of distance for recreation I use my bicyle.

I don't have any personal discernable record to speak of. I guess I was never goal-driven this way. Sounds like a gruelling regimen to stick to. Perhaps my level of laziness interferes.
    That's remarkably similar to my running profile...sprinting short distance at maximum speed... I wish I'd kept track of the bicycle miles I had put in though...
    I don't do any of it now, though I hope to be able to cycle again (low impact)... spinal conditions rather prohibit running for leisure or challenge...

Quote Originally Posted by starrunner View Post
    I just got back from my usual six mile run. It was a cold but sunny day and I felt great.

Last Saturday, March 8th, I reached a one-year anniversary of running every single day without missing and at a minimum distance of six miles per day. So it's now been a year and eight days. My last streak went on for 465 days so I'm nowhere near my previous record but I'm aiming to beat it.

starrunner,
    Congratulations on your feet feat!

-Marka