Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Your Voice

Default Your Voice

Okay, I've been doing some thinking lately about my 'sona. I came to a conclusion that seemed obvious to me, but I think provokes some more thought from the community. My thought was this: What does your fursona's voice sound like? My immediate answer is that it's the same as my own voice. However, thinking on it more, I came with the conclusion it could sound like anything. Smooth as silk, abrasive like Clint Eastwood, soft, loud...a whole number of other textures. My question to you is simple. Have you ever thought about your fursona's voice, and what does it sound like?

I've thought about it a little bit now and again. Pretty much come to the same conclusion that it would sound like mine. No real reason for it to be any different.

Sounds like a younger, higher-pitched version of my own voice. Another main difference is that I deliberately mispronounce certain sounds, like saying a 'w' instead of a rolling 'r'. The 'r' is usually pronounced rather rough or sharp in my language, so doing this makes my speech 'softer'. I also avoid words of generally more than four syllables, and I use general furspeak (like referring to my feet as 'paws')

Lastly, but that's strictly taken not really a voice thingy, I can whimper like an actual puppy. I can do barks and howls as well, but there's not really a context for using those. So, that's it, I guess?

Quote Originally Posted by Vexxus View Post
    Sounds like a younger, higher-pitched version of my own voice. Another main difference is that I deliberately mispronounce certain sounds, like saying a 'w' instead of a rolling 'r'. The 'r' is usually pronounced rather rough or sharp in my language, so doing this makes my speech 'softer'. I also avoid words of generally more than four syllables, and I use general furspeak (like referring to my feet as 'paws')

Lastly, but that's strictly taken not really a voice thingy, I can whimper like an actual puppy. I can do barks and howls as well, but there's not really a context for using those. So, that's it, I guess?
    similar to this

My grown-up fursona probably sounds like my normal voice, maybe a Little bit lighter... My cub-sona is quite a bit lighter than I'd normally speak, a bit more hoarse (??) and s-sounds might turn into sh in some Places... I haven't thought much about it to be honest. :3

that is a good question. i never did give that much thought

Quote Originally Posted by StormyWolf View Post
    that is a good question. i never did give that much thought
    Thank you! I like doing some hearty thinking about the furry world. Thinking about some of the differences in how they would act/react, design objects, interact with objects, etc. Hopefully I can pose some other good questions.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, thank you everyone for your feedback!

My characters would vary, but since this is inquiring about the fursona, it would be my own. It isn't this particular avi, actually. Mine is a neko - I know that's not particularly furry, but I wasn't really content with my fully anthropomorphic feline fursona.

ANYWAYS! To answer the question, I'd have to say my own, though only when I push the pitch a bit higher for the cutesy sound. d:

Quote Originally Posted by Vexxus View Post

Pretty spot on to what i think most furs would sound like

Im sure mine would be quite... Squeaky! XD Being a rodent.

Maybe, but I don't think every canine babyfur can actually produce canine sounds. It took me a few months of practice to learn how to whimper and softly howl - it wasn't that hard, but it wasn't easy either. It took practice and I don't think anyone can "just" do it.

Also... squeaking? That might be hard to learn properly - i.e. without it hurting your voice. I, for instance, can whimper as much as I like.