Thread: Making your own Trainers?!?! Surprisingly simple?

Default Making your own Trainers?!?! Surprisingly simple?

Been toying with the Idea of making my Own trainers.... Seams pretty simple to me atleast

My Mom is a seamstress so I have anything i would need for this little project

Things I will be using

2 pairs of Tightie whities
    some Cotton batting

What i was thinking is cutting a piece of cotton batting to fit in the Undies and then sewing it on and then going and sewing on the other pair of undies one pair where it covers all the way up the front and back and the other pair just in the seat area where you would wet

Seams simple enough to me Any ideas on how to improve it? I will post pictures when I am done as I need to be in the house alone to do this project

I would suggest sacrificing a towel for the soaker rather than using batting. I don't think batting is particularly absorbent. Other than that, it sounds like a perfectly good recipe.

The complexity comes when you want to actually be able to use them. Then you need to include a gusseted plastic liner and seal seams, etc. But yeah, for something that's just there for feel, it's pretty basic.

You can buy some prefold baby diapers and sew them inside the briefs. Add a pair of waterproof pants when you wear them, if necessary and you should be ok.

Waterproof pants defies the point of a trainer IMO.
    I have cheap trainers from ebay via china. They are waterproof and gusseted, but I rarely use them for anything but feel.
    The gusseting does feel terrific though.

I might suggest the outer pair be larger than the inner pair, that way the padding can bulge outward, leaving space for yourself inside. :3

Quote Originally Posted by Stripeh View Post
    The complexity comes when you want to actually be able to use them. Then you need to include a gusseted plastic liner and seal seams, etc. But yeah, for something that's just there for feel, it's pretty basic.
    He's talking about training pants, not diapers. Cloth training pants generally aren't waterproof -- no gussets, plastic, etc.

Depends what you want out of them. As I mentioned above, I have waterproof cloth trainers and I much prefer them that way.
    If they weren't waterproof, I'd have to commit to definitely not wetting.

i do not intend for these to be waterproof thats what i have plastic pants for

I made my own pair ones. sowed two underwear together but left top of front open so I could slide a folded warsh rag into it.