Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tapping problem

Default Tapping problem

I enjoy wearing my diapers at night, but for some reason the tapes begin to bug me after a while. I'm hoping someone some advice on this subject.

I mostly wear at night as well. What's the problem? Tapes can bug me sometimes as well. I move a lot and they can sometimes come undone or stretch so I have to readjust.

The tapes end up scratching my legs as I sleep. Sorry I wasn't very clear in my last post.

Ah, I see. That happens to me sometimes depending on the diaper. Maybe they're too close to the outside edge causing it to be scratchy and rub against your legs? Try pointing the tapes inward and more toward the middle.

Don't put the tape so close to your skin. I always tell my husband this whenever he would put a disposable on me. Have the tape be up further a little ways so it's not so close to your skin.

It may not be obvious, but the best taping strategy is not to apply them neatly parallel and inline as it would appear. Take the bottom tape and pull it upward towards the center of the diaper and then pull the top tape roughly down over the bottom and stick it.

A little duct tape help a lot. That is what I use and sometimes still do.

Also remember that the material at the edges can shift or bunch up from movement, so don't rely on that to keep the tapes away from your skin. You want to put the tape in a spot that gives plenty of extra space for shifting around while still making sure to get a snug seal on the diaper.

Yep!.....perfectly described. It acts like one tape and a snug fit. This is how I do it!

Quote Originally Posted by willnotwill View Post
    It may not be obvious, but the best taping strategy is not to apply them neatly parallel and inline as it would appear. Take the bottom tape and pull it upward towards the center of the diaper and then pull the top tape roughly down over the bottom and stick it.