Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Nowhere to put used nappys.

  1. #1
    Lozza1979

    Default Nowhere to put used nappys.

    Hi folks,

    I don't know if anybody here has had this issue, but basically I have run out of space in my wheelie bin outside as its already full of used nappy's.I cant keep them stashed in the flat, even if they're bagged up as the place will start to smell.What does one do when one runs out of space to dispose of them?.I apologize of this sounds a bit gross but surely there must be others here who have encountered similar issues.

  2. #2

    Default

    there's not a dumpster in the area where you can throw them in?

  3. #3
    Lozza1979

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by saoradh View Post
    there's not a dumpster in the area where you can throw them in?
    No there isn't.I have just one bin that gets emptied every two weeks on a Monday.Its full already and its only Wednesday so its got another 4 days till it gets emptied.

  4. #4

    Default

    Time to get another bin that will last you until trash day. Sounds like the PDX area you live in. They collect trash here every two weeks because of their green environment so it always pisses me off when my dad or anyone else throws paper and plastic, cans, or glass, in the trash instead of in the recycling. How hard is it to not do that? Then when I do keep a paper sack in the kitchen for recycling, someone throws trash in there instead, ughhhh. I always feel like I am going to have a meltdown when I see it or think about it and it makes me want to scream. Less trash, more room for trash and it won't fill up as soon.

    You can always take your extra trash to the dump before pick up. I am sure a store will have a dumpster, just go up to it and dump it in there.

    EDIT: I see you're in England. Are they green too or is it just your area only that only does it?
    Last edited by Calico; 12-Mar-2014 at 17:45.

  5. #5

    Default

    Short term, what about picking up some extra large refuse bags (like the kind people use for when they throw out tons of yard materials) and then double bagging your diapers into black trash bags within the refuse bags? You can put the whole thing next to the bin and it's pretty unlikely anyone is going to go dig through multiple layers of tied up bags before your next pickup.

  6. #6

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by ArchieRoni View Post
    Short term, what about picking up some extra large refuse bags (like the kind people use for when they throw out tons of yard materials) and then double bagging your diapers into black trash bags within the refuse bags? You can put the whole thing next to the bin and it's pretty unlikely anyone is going to go dig through multiple layers of tied up bags before your next pickup.
    This is the way to go. A garbage bag is not something people are gonna dig around in, and it's expected to smell funny anyway. I also think getting a bigger bin is a good idea, if possible. The other thing would be to take a little road trip to find a good garbage can or dumpster to throw them in. Honestly, as long as you're in an area where you're not really known, you can go to any garbage can and pitch a couple of diapers. I've done it lots of times, even with people around. It's a relief to remember that people aren't watching you or trying to catch you throwing out diapers. People really won't care. So if there's a public bin a 5-10 minute drive from your house, toss a few diapers in there to tide you over until garbage day.

  7. #7
    Lozza1979

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by Adventurer View Post
    This is the way to go. A garbage bag is not something people are gonna dig around in, and it's expected to smell funny anyway. I also think getting a bigger bin is a good idea, if possible. The other thing would be to take a little road trip to find a good garbage can or dumpster to throw them in. Honestly, as long as you're in an area where you're not really known, you can go to any garbage can and pitch a couple of diapers. I've done it lots of times, even with people around. It's a relief to remember that people aren't watching you or trying to catch you throwing out diapers. People really won't care. So if there's a public bin a 5-10 minute drive from your house, toss a few diapers in there to tide you over until garbage day.
    I hear you, but unfortunately I don't have a car.I had to sell it after losing my job last November.Good idea though.I can take a walk around and see if there's any skips or dumpsters around I can chuck them in.

  8. #8

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by Lozza1979 View Post
    I hear you, but unfortunately I don't have a car.I had to sell it after losing my job last November.Good idea though.I can take a walk around and see if there's any skips or dumpsters around I can chuck them in.
    I did this one time ( throwing diapers away in a dumpster ) . It was a few years ago and I didn't want my parents coming across them so I did that, and my gosh I almost got caught ditching them in someone else's trash .

    Another way of stashing the used ones is to put them in the freezer wrapped up in a ASDA or other grocery store bags, also if you have a plastic containers that are big enough and not in use you could use those. You may want to think about getting a diaper pal if you don't have one, and if you do an extra one helps.

    Hope this helps

    CM

  9. #9

    Default

    You might be doing this already, but most diapers are designed to be folded in on themselves, rolled up and re-taped closed before being disposed of. This 'compresses' the diaper and can help you to make the most of the space that you do have.

  10. #10

    Default

    Just wondering but depending where you are in England, a lot of councils have clinical and incontinence waste collection services.

    Normally just means putting them in special separate bags that they give you, and putting them out for collection.

    Might be an option?

Similar Threads

  1. does anyone have info on Cuddlz Nappys
    By Trathfelder105 in forum Diaper Talk
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-Mar-2014, 03:18
  2. any nappys similar
    By YorkshireDL in forum Diaper Talk
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-Mar-2012, 21:57
  3. what nappys to buy
    By YorkshireDL in forum Diaper Talk
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-Mar-2012, 19:45

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
ADISC.org - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community.
ADISC.org is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.