Thread: iPhone 5s battery life

Default iPhone 5s battery life

I want to start off by saying I know there are some people who don't like Apple products. Please don't post how you don't like apple or how another phone is better. I want to get the iPhone 5S 64 GB does having a phone with that much memory drain the battery quicker than a phone with less memory?

Thanks

Memory has little to nothing to do with power usage, what uses the most power in the phone is between mostly the screen and the processor if doing something that takes up a lot of thinking such as a game.

As kitty3 said, it's about activities you're doing. If you listen to music, it lasts all day with plenty leftover. If you run a high-performance app like games with good graphics, you'll get a few hours and then it will be drained. You can also milk the last 10% or so for a long time, for example if you need a map to get home, just check it once every few minutes instead of keeping it open.

My iPhone 5s (32g version) had kick ass battery life for about the first two months I had it.

Now...it's common for me to have to charge it from below 20% two to three times a day, and this is with everything but 3G turned off.

Something a few patches back just completely destroyed the battery life of my 5S, I'm kicking myself not for getting the Android I wanted originally (Evo One).

I have an iPhone five. The battery life is completely uncontrollably terrible. And that's with my brightness down at zero since I don't need to see the screen. Videos playing in the background so that it's only using audio? Useless. I'd say the maximum I get out of the charge is three hours. On Wi-Fi. If Apple products were not so perfect for blind people in the fact that they work out of the box, I would easily switch phones.

Quote Originally Posted by jackofwichita View Post
    I want to start off by saying I know there are some people who don't like Apple products. Please don't post how you don't like apple or how another phone is better. I want to get the iPhone 5S 64 GB does having a phone with that much memory drain the battery quicker than a phone with less memory?
    The type of storage memory used in the iPhone is similar to the type found in most USB memory sticks and doesn't consume power unless it is being read or written to. If this wasn't the case then the moment you unplugged a memory stick it'd lose all the data!.

A useful analogy is to think of the memory as being a huge collection of switches that can be turned on or off (i.e. storing a true or false value). It takes energy to press the switch, but once that's done it'll stay switched until you press it again.

All smarty phones have terrible battery life. My 5s, my 5c and also my galaxy s4 goes about a day after full charging

Its sad but true