Thread: Cheer me up?

Default Cheer me up?

i got yelled at by my Coms teacher for not typing something instead of writing it one of those see-me-after-class type of talks :'(

but it gave me an idea (i love getting those) how about a thread where somebody mentions a cloud over their head and somebody else sees it and helps cheer them up?

seemed like a fun idea, since we're all from such different places and could give so many different perspectives on stuff so how about it?

if this has been done before or its stupid then im sorry, it just occured to me now so it was kinda on-the-spot.

so tell your woes and lets all cheer each other up! <3

I'm not sure how successful it will be, but there is nothing wrong or stupid about it! It's important to be a little spontaneous and take some chances!

Sorry to hear about your issue with your teacher. Each day is full of opportunities though, and I'm sure you can make tomorrow much better in exchange for the sniffles you got today. Especially since it's the weekend!

Myself? I guess I've been feeling really boring lately, and it's been making me feel more withdrawn.

Ok let's have a go!

Quote Originally Posted by gigglemuffinz View Post
    Myself? I guess I've been feeling really boring lately, and it's been making me feel more withdrawn.
    Perhaps a lack of inspiration. Maybe try to do something today that is uncharacteristic of you or maybe you have been thinking about doing. Sometimes reinvigoration lies in stepping into uncharted territory. Kinda' like my tag-line: Scare yourself every once in awhile.

My dark cloud lateley has been worrying about my brother who seems to be going back to old habits of throwing his life away. I fear that his addiction to drugs has caught up with him and feel helpless. Uncertainty and worry involving a loved-one is hard to navigate.

I'm not sure how successful it will be, but there is nothing wrong or stupid about it! It's important to be a little spontaneous and take some chances!

Sorry to hear about your issue with your teacher. Each day is full of opportunities though, and I'm sure you can make tomorrow much better in exchange for the sniffles you got today. Especially since it's the weekend!

hmm perhaps i can help with that XD search "abdl homestead", its got tons of cool links to some pretty awesometastic websites like ADISC and thank you! i wasnt saying it sounded stupid just to get a contradictionary accolade, but its nice to hear someone besides myself thinks its cool <3 XD

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ilostthesheriff View Post
    My dark cloud lateley has been worrying about my brother who seems to be going back to old habits of throwing his life away. I fear that his addiction to drugs has caught up with him and feel helpless. Uncertainty and worry involving a loved-one is hard to navigate.
    aw thats a bummer. i have cousins like that and idk how to talk to them about the yucky stuff they do o.O but perhaps spend time with him, just hanging out. if he knows you dont approve but sees you still wanna hang out with him, it could bring some positive results. plus maybe he'll realize he can still have fun without the yucky stuff.

this may be a stretch but maybe make him an account here? he'll meet some super cool people to talk to XD the AB/DL world is better than any substance, wouldnt you agree?

my bummer today is not being able to find a good avatar and profile picture. i had two free hours and i couldnt find any that fit/any i liked :'(

Maybe this means it's a good time to get out and do something. Is there a movie, play, or museum you really want to see? Grab a friend and go check out some culture.

Quote Originally Posted by ilostthesheriff View Post
    How often do you see your brother? This is a hard topic, and maybe you can't help, but a good first step is telling him what you wrote here. Maybe go out for a walk together, so there aren't any interruptions while you talk.

Quote Originally Posted by Butterscotch View Post
    my bummer today is not being able to find a good avatar and profile picture. i had two free hours and i couldnt find any that fit/any i liked :'(
    What kinds of stuff do you like? We could probably find you some good links if you tell us what media you're looking for (maybe name a show or a character?)

My own dark cloud recently is feeling like I'm not really meeting new people. My work and existing hobbies are taking up all my time, but I want to find romance and a network of local friends, and I'm not sure how to do it (as I only moved to my current home a few months ago).

Quote Originally Posted by ArchieRoni View Post

What kinds of stuff do you like? We could probably find you some good links if you tell us what media you're looking for (maybe name a show or a character?)

My own dark cloud recently is feeling like I'm not really meeting new people. My work and existing hobbies are taking up all my time, but I want to find romance and a network of local friends, and I'm not sure how to do it (as I only moved to my current home a few months ago).
    I wasn't really thinking about characters, but hmm I like ouran high school host club, but I wasn't really looking for something that represented what I liked, it was more about trying to find something cute to go with abdl stuff and that still looked fun. I found some anime characters that looked like me and some others that just seemed cute but nothing that it the pixel limit or that really stuck out. Perhaps something cute for the thumbnail and something borderline girly for the profile picture. The current avatar and profile picture was just because I look like him (I sound better though lol). Wasn't there someone here who used to do like drawing of people for free? He did it for me once before but I don't remember who he is. I feel bad now lol

And as for feeling like your not meeting new people, perhaps there's a festival or community gathering occurring soon where you could meet some new people, an there's always fetlife and okcupid and yuku, and tons of other places. I told gigglemuffinz of a place to search and go to, follow her xD it's a fantastic linking site, like a travel agency for us babies online lol it's fun, and epic =)

Idk your metaphysical standings but if you feel up to it perhaps you want to check out your local church; there's nice people there, though I guess it varies per church. Just a thought