Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Why be scared?

pilchers

Default Why be scared?

So, youre out buying nappies or walking along with a huge nappy bulge... You see someone... they see you... they look at your nappies and its obvious they now *KNOW* you are a nappy wearer...

What do we think happens next? Seriously, Id like to hear from people what they think would actually happen next. Maybe someone has been in this exact situation and could share with us what happened.

Lets keep it to reality though, please...

The fear is if it is someone you know. If say a family friend sees it and instead of confronting you about it they call your mother or father and ask if you are alright. Suddenly the cat is out of the bag and your family/friends either all think you are incontinent or have a weird fetish. The real fear is if they then mistakenly assume it is pedophelia and call the police. Suddenly you are trying to explain your fetish to two people whose job it is to be suspicious.

it's not so much the fear of a stranger finding out, but it's a fear of giving away something so private so easily. Also, like @Note said above there's that chance it's not a stranger it's somebody you know & that's not the way you want them to find out. Back to the stranger though, for a lot of ABDL's, or at least for me, diapers are a very private thing & I would rather go skydiving(and I have a phobia of heights) then let anybody find out without me telling them, even if it were a stranger.

Also, just because it's a stranger now doesn't mean you won't ever see the person again. He might go to your school, work etc. There's always that underlining fear that that stranger could find a bigger role in your life.
    Last edited by Waldo; 07-Mar-2014 at 06:14.

Quote Originally Posted by KingMufasa View Post
    it's not so much the fear of a stranger finding out, but it's a fear of giving away something so private so easily. Also, like @Note said above there's that chance it's not a stranger it's somebody you know & that's not the way you want them to find out. Back to the stranger though, for a lot of ABDL's, or at least for me, diapers are a very private thing for me & I would rather skydiving(and I have a phobia of heights) then let anybody find out without me telling them, even if it were a stranger.

Also, just because it's a stranger now doesn't mean you won't ever see the per
    I completely agree! I used to buy diapers at the grocery store when I was younger and that was my only option. I always dreaded getting the look from the cashier, and so what I started doing was buying a package while getting all the other groceries. So it was just one item in the whole array of the groceries and so it made it a lot less noticeable. Now, I only order online and have them delivered to my house. I still dread my mother seeing the package (she usually gets home before me and sees the packages waiting at the door). Although I don't really care to much anymore just because she knows I like diapers now and she never asks about the packages (which I like).

Oh, and I will never go skydiving!!! I also have a terrible phobia of heights. I think I would rather people know I wear diapers then have to jump out of a plane

Quote Originally Posted by Shyjohnny View Post
    The fear is if it is someone you know. If say a family friend sees it and instead of confronting you about it they call your mother or father and ask if you are alright. Suddenly the cat is out of the bag and your family/friends either all think you are incontinent or have a weird fetish. The real fear is if they then mistakenly assume it is pedophilia and call the police. Suddenly you are trying to explain your fetish to two people whose job it is to be suspicious.
    Let me just echo this.

It depends what you can get away with, by comparison to your normal lifestyle. I've no issue with people knowing, although I try not to embarrass them so I keep things under wraps without being paranoid about it. Anyone who knows me, also knows that I do some pretty extreme stuff both for work and hobby. In emergency I can totally get away with 'Yeah, I wear diapers when I'm manning satellite intercepts' because they know I sometimes do stuff with satellites. Or 'Yeah, testing dive gear again' or whatever depending on what they are likely not to know about. I think the whole idea that people would take action against you without first engaging you, simply on account of bulgy pants, is overblown. I just can't see it happening. And as for buying diapers, what's the point of stores putting them on the shelves if people aren't going to buy them? There's no age limit on that AFAIK!

Lozza1979

Can you actually get busted by having a nappy bulge?.I have started wearing 24/7 more or less and am wearing tena slip maxi which are quite padded.When I went to town yesterday I wore tracksuit bottoms over them with a low hanging t-shirt.When walking past a shop window I saw in the reflection that I did have a slight bulge under my trakkies.I banged into an old work college and started talking.He was with his girlfriend and I was paranoid they would see the bulge under my trakkies and wonder what was going on.Nobody seemed to look in that area, or mention anything so I think nobody noticed. Would that be enough to give me away?.Surely people aren't even thinking about what you're wearing under your trousers, so why should they even consider it?.Even if they did see a bulge it could be anything.

I had a situation once, when my younger sister grew up to the non-diaper age, and I went to rather big supermarket to buy a new pack of diapers for myself. After I paid and proceeded to take my bag from cell, I run against my parents' close friends, who of course have known me and my family very well! They almost have noticed me, I was gripped with such fear, that I stopped feeling my legs at that moment. Yeah, I was a little younger at that time, and more nervous about all this stuff. I stopped behind them and walked away back, did one circle around little markets inside, watching them to go away. Only after that I went to take my backpack and hide the pack of diapers in it. The moment when you realize, that you couldn't explain this dire situation to someone who knows you much, scare bricks out of me. After that I always trying to think up lies to every sort of situation I can get into, but considering I may also have to improvise. Now I have no such a big fear, it's more about getting pleasure from the process. But despite that, I always think about secrecy.

I try to live by Jason Ellis' rule of thumb...

Harden the F**K up and OWN it!
    Let's say someone comes up to you and they say "Are you wearing a diaper?" - First of all, that takes some balls on their end. I don't know how many times I have seen people with what looks like a padded rear, but I'm not going to ask them if they are wearing... that's like asking a woman how "far along" she is when you're not sure if she's pregnant. It's just rude and typically you don't do that. Same with "they know my family" yeah, because people love to run and ask your family about personal problems about your life.
    People only act weird about stuff if you act weird. Put yourself in someone else's shoes. If you ask someone if they were wearing a diaper and they start acting all weird and try to lie about something, stumble or run away. Then your going to see how weird they are and feel awkward, want to ask questions or get others involved. Whereas if they just harden up and own it and say "yes" and look like they don't give a sh*t, then what more is there to ask?
    Scenario here would be if you saw someone trying to unlock a car with a hanger and the alarm is going off but they just stand there and keep at it.. you thinking robber? Or someone who's pissed they locked their keys in the car? Now if the alarm is going off and they start looking around and acting funny - you're calling the cops.

This "stigma" isn't going to get better if WE act all messed up about it! If anyone in the world should have a "so what" and don't give a ---- attitude about diapers and wearing it should be us.
    When you try to act all secret, and look guilty of something then people assume you are doing something wrong. They don't think "they're not hurting anyone" they think "what is this loonie-bin doing and what are they trying to hide??"

OWN IT.

CrinklySiren

Default Why be scared?

Lol forgive me for being crass, but all these "possible scenarios" being presented sound highly unlikely and naive lol. Unless you're still in grade school, a decent adult; or rather a decent human being would never react the way a lot of people are assuming, regardless of whether or not you know them.

Personally I agree with Knom all the way, we gotta stop acting scared and awkward because it only contributes to making us seem weird. If people make a big deal about it or have some kind of disdain for something so stupid, it's their failure not yours, so why limit yourself for the stupidity or immaturity of others... You don't have to explain anything to anyone nor do you owe anyone an explanation for the things you do or wear...

And in terms of friends or family friends finding out, unless you explain in detail that you are an adult baby, there is no possible way anyone can relate an ADULT wearing ADULT diapers to pedophilia.... If you are a DL with no AB tendencies, than the fear of pedophilia mislabeling shouldn't even be on your mind lol