Thread: Vincinity

Default Vincinity

Does anybody know how many AB/DLs there are? Or a rough estimate? I wanted to know for so long, so anything would be appreciated!

Or a rough estimate?
    I would say around 1/2 million to one million world wide and growing faster since the internet.

Some would not fully fit the label ABDL as in the western world. some countries like japan there is a growing number that wear for convenience.
    but not really for the turn on.???????

Quote Originally Posted by anned View Post
    I would say around 1/2 million to one million world wide and growing faster since the internet.

Some would not fully fit the label ABDL as in the western world. some countries like japan there is a growing number that wear for convenience.
    but not really for the turn on.???????
    it isn't just a choice between convenience and a turn-on, btw. it is for comfort for some as well, and of course ic. that said, there are also abdls out there who focus more on the "regression" aspect than the specific aspect of diapers. so yeah, main point being that there are more than just those of us who do it for a "turn on".

CrinklySiren

There is no definite number or calculation anywhere outside the area of just an estimated guess because such a census hasn't been conducted nor would it be easy to conduct seeing as most of the community prefers to stay silent rather than to come forward. But I would venture a guess that there are a pretty large number of ABDL's or ABDL variant people in the world, especially since its becoming a pretty often shown thing in the media and is often the center of interest in one episode of almost every cop drama, so ABDLism or Infantilism or adults acting or dressing like babies, isn't a new phenomenon and certainly isnt as small a minority in the fetish/kink/hobby/lifestyle/interest world as we often seem to make ourselves believe it is. The thing is that there is such a wide spectrum of what it means to be an ABDL or Infanitlist that its just so hard to tell. AB/DL plainly stands for adult baby diaper lover, and there are some people who practice age regression way above the baby age and dont include the use of diapers at all.

So in reality, it would be impossible to tell unless some new-found wave of confidence washed over us and we all decided to stand proud.

And then you would have to take into account how many people practice the ABDL practices but don't like to consider themselves ABDLs because of its correlation to fetishism, or even people who prefer not to associate with the ABDL community (which are very high in numbers, believe me) but still live the lifestyle or practice the fetish.

There are just so many variables. It would be like asking "How much good music exists in the world" its too subjective a question to ever clearly answer, lest you generalize it all into one single catch-all phrase :P

But i'd say there are quite a lot of us. I'd say we border on either half or 3/4th the number of existing BDSM practitioners. Also; I can't help but say this: but the word is Vicinity* xD

It's an underground culture. Given that polls can be breached, not too many will confess. I relate it to being homosexual before 1980. It was pretty much taboo and you were ostracized if you came out. We've come a long way in the last decade in that regard, so who knows what the DL world will be like in the next decade? All it will take is for one celebrity to confess that he/she wears for convenience or a hobby and that will open the door a tiny crack. No pun intended.