Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Feel more confident padded?

Default Feel more confident padded?

When I first started wearing in public about eight moths ago I was like most people, scared! I was SO worried someone would notice or I would get slapped on the ass or something. Being a person who suffers from major anxiety I thought this would not be cool. But I've noticed that my depression, anger and anxiety all go away when wearing, even in public. I don't get it. I seem to function much better diapered. Why? Anyone got any ideas on why that is? Does anyone else feel this way? I'm thinking 24/7 (or near to it) might be in my future. Thanks.

funny, I feel a bit more confident when padded too. It feels like someone (eg your mum) is looking after you, and you can feel it all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by sambus View Post
    funny, I feel a bit more confident when padded too. It feels like someone (eg your mum) is looking after you, and you can feel it all the time.
    Exactly! They put me at ease.

I wonder if there's an actual physiological effect going on with this kind of thing. Like, whatever part of your mind is linked to your interest in diapers is also related to what hormones are being released in your body. So that when you're padded, it's releasing more hormones that create feelings of satisfaction and confidence.

No real way to test it unless someone on here feels like organizing a clinical study, but I think it would be really interesting if there really is a difference in how the mind and body works from fulfilling the kind of deep-set need that an interest in diapers falls under.

Quote Originally Posted by ArchieRoni View Post
    I wonder if there's an actual physiological effect going on with this kind of thing. Like, whatever part of your mind is linked to your interest in diapers is also related to what hormones are being released in your body. So that when you're padded, it's releasing more hormones that create feelings of satisfaction and confidence.

No real way to test it unless someone on here feels like organizing a clinical study, but I think it would be really interesting if there really is a difference in how the mind and body works from fulfilling the kind of deep-set need that an interest in diapers falls under.
    It might. I know I feel better when I'm diapered.

Quote Originally Posted by ArchieRoni View Post

There is an actual physiological response. Our body is an extremely complex organism, with many different systems. As a part of the Nervous system, there is what is call the ANS, or Autonomic Nervous System. The ANS has a branch called the parasympathetic branch, which is part of the "fight or flight" process, as well as just generally called the "calming system". This system helps digest food, slow heart rate and reduce blood pressure. They key thing it releases is Acetylcholine, which is major in relaxation. This is what helps the body lower blood pressure, heart rate and relax muscles. This feeling is what makes you feel "calm" and "safe", as when stressed or anxious the sympathetic branch does the opposite.

To directly answer the question, many different stress management techniques are aimed at finding this parasympathetic state. I believe for us, we find diapers to be calming because for many of us they have deep rooted memories of security. When our body feels safe, it doesn't need to activate this "fight or flight" (which for people with anxiety the body is constantly activating, I can relate!) response, and actually takes many of us back even further which I believe is entering us into this parasympathetic state, thereby promoting relaxation. Just my 2cents

Playaplayful, you put it very well. Technically, the parasympathetic branch is after the "fight or flight" process. But the gist of it is that the parasympathetic nervous system is what triggers the physical tranquil responses of the body, and a relaxed physical state can easily flow into a relaxed emotional state.

Quote Originally Posted by ClandestineWing View Post
    Playaplayful, you put it very well. Technically, the parasympathetic branch is after the "fight or flight" process. But the gist of it is that the parasympathetic nervous system is what triggers the physical tranquil responses of the body, and a relaxed physical state can easily flow into a relaxed emotional state.
    Exactly. Well put. I didn't know how else to really describe process lol

I don't necessarily feel more confident per say, diapers make me feel more at ease and calm.

cupofcoffee12

I feel this way too...and i even used to hate them more than everything in the world as i used to have to wear them for bedwetting, but a month after finally stopping this bedwetting my mind flipped totally and I ended up feeling miles more confident. They are also useful if you cannot get to the washroom at that time. Speaking of this...I wanted to find some Dry 24/7's, as they are really thick and absorbent from research, but not only am i Canadian, even though my mom knows about this and is totally ok with it (thank god she is!), I really don't know about asking if i can give her the money for them and order them through her credit card. (my brother has a debit card that is visa enabled, however I have yet to ask if i can change my debit account from Conexus to CIBC in my area to get this Visa thing, and my mom and stepdad are currently trying to build up credit and money to buy a house as we have major space issues in our current house right now. Also ordering through my brother would make it awkward for him, whether or not i confront him about doing so.)