View Poll Results: Which disposable diaper is best and why?

15. You may not vote on this poll
  • Tena Super Briefs

4 26.67%
  • Tena Ultra Briefs

4 26.67%
  • Tena Ultra Stretch Briefs

4 26.67%
  • Molicare Super Plus Briefs

9 60.00%
  • Molicare Classic Plus Briefs

4 26.67%
  • Tranquility ATN Disposable Briefs

5 33.33%
  • Tranquility "Slimline" Adult Briefs

2 13.33%
  • Prevail PM Extended Wear Briefs

2 13.33%
  • Prevail Specialty Briefs ( this one has a fecal contamination zone in it)

2 13.33%
  • Prevail IB Full-Mat Briefs

2 13.33%
  • Prevail "Breezers" Adult Briefs

2 13.33%
  • First Quality "Nu-Fit" Adult Briefs

2 13.33%
  • Attends Extra Absorbent Breathable Briefs

6 40.00%
  • Attends Briefs 10 with Waistband

5 33.33%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: I need advice. Which diapers should I order to try out?

Default I need advice. Which diapers should I order to try out?

Hey all,
    I've gotten this little catalog from DMP, or Duraline Medical Products because I think I've either ordered from them before, or I signed up on their website for a survey or something, I really don't remember exactly. But I gave them my address and they sent me this catalog.

Anyway, it's got this offer to order 5 different types or brands of disposable diapers and/or liners for a total of 20, 4 of each type, for a price of $9.95, plus shipping. So I'm wondering which ones are even worth trying. I know that the Depends are no good, as I've already had some, but what are the Tena's like? Do they clump up after they get wet, or not? Of the ones they are offering, these are the ones I'm curious about:

1. Tena Super Briefs,

2. Tena Ultra Briefs,

3. Tena Ultra Stretch Briefs

4. Molicare Super Plus Briefs

5. Molicare Classic Plus Briefs

6. Tranquility ATN Disposable Briefs

7. Tranquility "Slimline" Adult Briefs

8. Prevail PM Extended Wear Briefs

9. Prevail Specialty Briefs ( this one has a fecal contamination zone in it)

10. Prevail IB Full-Mat Briefs

11. Prevail "Breezers" Adult Briefs

12. First Quality "Nu-Fit" Adult Briefs

13. Attends Extra Absorbent Breathable Briefs

14. Attends Briefs 10 with Waistband

These are the ones I'd be interested in knowing about. If anyone has any personal experience with any of these, good or bad, I'd like your opinions.

One thing I'd also like to know is how they are against your skin, as I've got a problem with sweating and getting a rash from it, at least from the Depends that I used to use.

Another thing is what size would you suggest in each type. My waist size is 40", and I know that one brands large is/or can be equal to another brands medium and so on.

I've tried the Molicares once a long time ago, but I can't remember exactly how well the fit, or worked, and I can't remember which one of their styles it was either. I do remember that their large was too big, and that the medium seemed to fit better.

One last thing I'd like to know is just how bulky they are, and if it's necessary to use more than one at a time. I do prefer a bulkier diaper for whatever reason. I think it's because I'm so used to using cloth for so long now, that a thin disposable feels too inadequate.

So any info you can offer would be greatly appreciated. I'd like to take advantage of this offer, because every once in a while I'd like to use a disposable, like when I've got diarrhea, or I'm going into the hospital or to a new doctor. My cloth diapers are great, and I really do love them, but sometimes they are just a bit of overkill when I'm meeting a new doctor. Although, once I get to know them, I usually just wear the cloth to my appointments. All of my regular doctors already know this and have seen me in them. And the last time I went into the hospital, I wore one, but I had to remove it right after I was admitted and given a room.
    Last edited by ricky; 03-Jan-2009 at 11:59.

Hey ricky. I used Tena supers before I switched to Secure x-plus for the plastic back and high absorbancy.
    Tena super has a cloth like cover so they will be better to release heat than a plastic backed diaper, but it does reduce the capacity, they are in the mid range for the bulky factor.
    Tena seems to be on the smaller sizing side so I'm going to suggest the large size for a 40" waist, larger sizes have more absorbancy too.

I think ATN's are good, but for someone who is incon like you, you might want to go with something of higher absorbency. I haven't ever tried prevail, but I'm not sure of their quality. I just thought I would post so more other people would.

I found that the Attends 10 with waistband had a cloth backing and clumped up very easily without wetting. Worse, the fluff could fall out easily.
    The tranquility slimlines seem okay so far. But I feel they should be a little thicker. I posted on some pictures of adults in diapers that I wanted identified. But you have to be logged in with enough points to see them.
    I just don't understand why they have these tiny tapes. And why the diapers don't rise up at the sides like the baby ones do.

abena x plus is the best for absorbing the most. but are very bulky.

so use abena extra for day, abena x plus for night.

Thanks for the replies guys. I do appreciate that. I'm surprised that more people haven't responded though, since I'm sure that at least one or two people have tried every one of the choices I have here.

I just wanted to take advantage of this offer and maybe find a disposable that will work for me in the few situations where it would be awkward to be in a cloth diaper, like going into the hospital again. I'm afraid I may have to do just that if my neck hasn't healed by the 19th of this month. That's when I go back and get more x-rays, and see what's going to happen next.

But thanks again for the replies.

I'm sorry, I just looked at the poll results and saw that there were a lot of votes on there. I guess I was expecting the results to show in the main post for some reason. DUH!! But I would like to know why you guys voted for the particular diapers you did, so I can make an informed decision about this. If you could give me a little feedback, that would help a lot.

Thanks, Rick.
    Last edited by ricky; 06-Jan-2009 at 15:26. Reason: Add comment