Relationship Advice - This Might Very Well Apply to You

statik

Est. Contributor
If there's one thing I feel I know at this point in my life, it's relationship advice. I have seen so many cases of people wanting a good relationship but having no clue how to get there or going about it the wrong way. I know this site isn't about hooking up, but this advice can be applied to any lifestyle. So please sit back, grab a drink, and get ready to take in what some of the wheels in my head have put together for you.

I'm sure you've heard this before but the most important thing is to STOP looking. You can't predict when things will happen, when you will meet the right person, so why go out of your way to set yourself up? Do yourself a favor and just stop.

Dating, hook ups, etc. are all a complete waste of time. I hate how everyone thinks finding someone is a simple 1-2-3-step plan; it's not. Maybe that's the traditional way to do it but why keep following the same plan if it's not working? I wised up to this and went about it my own way: I stopped getting so hooked up on wording. Don't call it dating, don't call it anything.

Why not be around someone just to enjoy each other’s company? No set plans, no dinner arrangements, no need to go all out with a set plan for the evening. All those plans do is put your head into thinking about expectations and the overwhelming need to impress. And worse, not only does that thinking set expectations, but they set high expectations. I guarantee you're setting yourself up for failure.

Don't look for a lover, look for a friend. Noname and I started out as friends at first. Eventually we turned that into quality best friends. Neither one of us had any expectations of each other, we just knew we enjoyed being around each other. That's what friends do, right? I feel I can talk to him about anything and never fear any kind of judgment. I know he feels the same way when it comes to this because we have strong communication. Which brings me to the next pointer...

Communication. I cannot stress enough how important this is. No more secrets, no more lies, no more bullshit. If you really want trust, you need to trust yourself first. Don't hold back because eventually it will come out. Besides, why deny yourself of the things you like for someone else? Don't you want them to like you for you?

"Like vs. "love"? Once again, stop. Don't be so quick to call it love; it's very overrated. Don't get upset when they don't say it back. Maybe they’re not ready? When the time is right it will feel right but in the meantime remember "like" sure sounds better than "hate".

You can't love someone if you can't love yourself. Noname told me this when we had our first breakup. I didn't understand it at the time, heck I downright hated him for saying something that I felt was harsh. He was right though. I didn't love myself at all at one point in my life. I felt like I had nothing to give but my love and though I wanted that to be everything...it was downright selfish. I was living in a story book of some cheesy romance fantasy. It does not work like that. Heck, it doesn't even exist.

Get yourself situated/stable. What makes you you? Are you happy with where you are in your life or where you're heading? This answer is different for everyone. I know for me working makes me proud of myself. It gives me a feeling of self-accomplishment and having money sure as hell doesn't hurt either. I get pride out of this and that translates into stability. I don't want to feel like I'm nothing without Noname and I can make it on my own if it came down to it. I know that it won't but it's still a nice feeling to know that I do have a stable plan.

Also, get your license! Some of you may think this only leads to more payments in your life ...yes that's true. However it also gives you freedom and independence. No one wants to be with someone for whom they feel they have to be a taxi driver.

Respect. You have to respect what they want. You cannot force anyone to do anything just because you want it. So, if someone tells you they don't want a relationship, let them be. You can choose to keep a friendship with them and hope time will change what their looking for but don't be surprised if it never does. You need to ask yourself if you're okay with accepting that and move on. It doesn't make them any less of a friend though, don't be a dick just because you didn't get what you want. After all, it's about what you BOTH want.

Trust. I put this following respect because the two go hand in hand. Both important but neither one is more important than the other. This one also falls under common sense to me because if you don’t trust the person you love, you will scare them away. Trust each other.

Ex's are helpful. Sure at the time we may think we hate them; hell I know I did. Learn from them. What made you break up in the first place? Take everything you didn't like about your relationships with them and use it to get a better idea of what you're looking for in your next relationship. I know with my ex's I fucked up because I was so desperate to not be alone that I let people take advantage of me. I also had that issue of not loving myself. I learned though and eventually grew up in the process.

Never be afraid to ask for help. If you're struggling, down on yourself, or just plain ready to give up, then you need to ask for help. Maybe even see a therapist or a counselor; they can be helpful when it comes to personal issues that are far beyond you understanding or even accepting. I'm speaking through experience, it does help to hear someone on a professional level tell you why you are the way you are. When they link up things from your past it's a huge relief to have a better understanding of who you are. It will help. Sometimes it helps to let go of your pride.

So to wrap this up, a few last things. It's not a race, never rush anything. Communicate, communicate, and communicate. And finally, be yourself dammit.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
Reactions: MaengDa2992, Diapercutie, Abdlchriscrinkle and 18 others
I have to agree, oh and first comment is like 3 years later!!!

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen and littledub1955
Well, I guess it's time to ask for help.

It's been awhile since I posted on the site, so I'm going to try and be more active.

I know this isn't a dating site, and that's not why I'm here. In short, I'm 35, turning 36 in April. I am a diaper lover and not really an AB, although I have some of those tendencies. I wear for pleasure. It's something I enjoy, and I have accepted that. I'm also straight.

Meeting a woman who's not only accepting of who I am but also into the same sort of thing is challenging. I'm wondering if anyone knows of safe, reliable sites where people like me can go to and meet someone. As the article above reads...meeting a friend first. I'd like to start opening up a bit to others and see where that takes me.

I know this site is a great spot to start.

Thank you all, and I apologize if this post doesn't belong on this thread...

Reactions: teamitachiuchiha and Saint
Honesty without advertisement

"Ex's are helpful."
I hid my incontinence for months while me and my Ex were dating. Then, it was because of medical necessity. After I had recovered, I still had the desire to remain diapered (It just felt right.) At home I was miserable; on business trips I felt guilty. Not because I was unfaithful. While away I never had sex with anyone but my hand. It was what I wore (My Diapers). At home, I drank very little alcohol especially at night. And, I never wore diapers around my ex. I was a miserable jerk. Counseling I hid it from our counselor and was in severe denial. As a result, we divorced. Since then, over the years I have opened up, and we have become great friends. We will never become lovers again but I appreciate and enjoy our relationship Mostly. I guess that is one of those "If only... things."

"Never be afraid to ask for help"
After my divorce my Nocturnal enuresis returned with a vengeance. I don't mind occasional accidents. (Mostly they are because of beer, which is alright by me). Sometimes my sacral nerve is irritated and that's OK too. But, I was afraid to discuss it with anyone. My confidence was destroyed and I felt like garbage. It took allot of something, It wasn't courage probably fear and necessity but, I opened up to my doctors, then family & friends. Finally I told my ex. Now, things are much better, I have confidence, and I don't care who knows. If they don't like it quit looking at my crotch and butt. If they do more the merrier.
I don't run around advertising nor do I do anything special to hide my diaper other than wearing loser pants. That's more for comfort than cover up.

Thanks statik

Not if u cant drive... 🤣

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: tiny and Cottontail
statik said:
If there's one thing I feel I know at this point in my life, it's relationship advice. I have seen so many cases of people wanting a good relationship but having no clue how to get there or going about it the wrong way. I know this site isn't about hooking up, but this advice can be applied to any lifestyle. So please sit back, grab a drink, and get ready to take in what some of the wheels in my head have put together for you.

I'm sure you've heard this before but the most important thing is to STOP looking. You can't predict when things will happen, when you will meet the right person, so why go out of your way to set yourself up? Do yourself a favor and just stop.

Dating, hook ups, etc. are all a complete waste of time. I hate how everyone thinks finding someone is a simple 1-2-3-step plan; it's not. Maybe that's the traditional way to do it but why keep following the same plan if it's not working? I wised up to this and went about it my own way: I stopped getting so hooked up on wording. Don't call it dating, don't call it anything.

Why not be around someone just to enjoy each other’s company? No set plans, no dinner arrangements, no need to go all out with a set plan for the evening. All those plans do is put your head into thinking about expectations and the overwhelming need to impress. And worse, not only does that thinking set expectations, but they set high expectations. I guarantee you're setting yourself up for failure.

Don't look for a lover, look for a friend. Noname and I started out as friends at first. Eventually we turned that into quality best friends. Neither one of us had any expectations of each other, we just knew we enjoyed being around each other. That's what friends do, right? I feel I can talk to him about anything and never fear any kind of judgment. I know he feels the same way when it comes to this because we have strong communication. Which brings me to the next pointer...

Communication. I cannot stress enough how important this is. No more secrets, no more lies, no more bullshit. If you really want trust, you need to trust yourself first. Don't hold back because eventually it will come out. Besides, why deny yourself of the things you like for someone else? Don't you want them to like you for you?

"Like vs. "love"? Once again, stop. Don't be so quick to call it love; it's very overrated. Don't get upset when they don't say it back. Maybe they’re not ready? When the time is right it will feel right but in the meantime remember "like" sure sounds better than "hate".

You can't love someone if you can't love yourself. Noname told me this when we had our first breakup. I didn't understand it at the time, heck I downright hated him for saying something that I felt was harsh. He was right though. I didn't love myself at all at one point in my life. I felt like I had nothing to give but my love and though I wanted that to be everything...it was downright selfish. I was living in a story book of some cheesy romance fantasy. It does not work like that. Heck, it doesn't even exist.

Get yourself situated/stable. What makes you you? Are you happy with where you are in your life or where you're heading? This answer is different for everyone. I know for me working makes me proud of myself. It gives me a feeling of self-accomplishment and having money sure as hell doesn't hurt either. I get pride out of this and that translates into stability. I don't want to feel like I'm nothing without Noname and I can make it on my own if it came down to it. I know that it won't but it's still a nice feeling to know that I do have a stable plan.

Also, get your license! Some of you may think this only leads to more payments in your life ...yes that's true. However it also gives you freedom and independence. No one wants to be with someone for whom they feel they have to be a taxi driver.

Respect. You have to respect what they want. You cannot force anyone to do anything just because you want it. So, if someone tells you they don't want a relationship, let them be. You can choose to keep a friendship with them and hope time will change what their looking for but don't be surprised if it never does. You need to ask yourself if you're okay with accepting that and move on. It doesn't make them any less of a friend though, don't be a dick just because you didn't get what you want. After all, it's about what you BOTH want.

Trust. I put this following respect because the two go hand in hand. Both important but neither one is more important than the other. This one also falls under common sense to me because if you don’t trust the person you love, you will scare them away. Trust each other.

Ex's are helpful. Sure at the time we may think we hate them; hell I know I did. Learn from them. What made you break up in the first place? Take everything you didn't like about your relationships with them and use it to get a better idea of what you're looking for in your next relationship. I know with my ex's I fucked up because I was so desperate to not be alone that I let people take advantage of me. I also had that issue of not loving myself. I learned though and eventually grew up in the process.

Never be afraid to ask for help. If you're struggling, down on yourself, or just plain ready to give up, then you need to ask for help. Maybe even see a therapist or a counselor; they can be helpful when it comes to personal issues that are far beyond you understanding or even accepting. I'm speaking through experience, it does help to hear someone on a professional level tell you why you are the way you are. When they link up things from your past it's a huge relief to have a better understanding of who you are. It will help. Sometimes it helps to let go of your pride.

So to wrap this up, a few last things. It's not a race, never rush anything. Communicate, communicate, and communicate. And finally, be yourself dammit.
I love every bit of this. 😍

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen
Haven't seen a post by Statik in many years, great guy, usually has good advice too, he is absolutely correct in the advice he put in this post.

Reactions: teamitachiuchiha and SecretBabyBoy
Good Advice

I am single through choice. I haven't dated any one since my SO died a couple of years ago.
I have met some other guys, but it never gets beyond friendship, or if it does, i find out later that they
are already in a relationship.

Then I have no option but to either walk away, or try to have a friendship with them which may only last a few years.
I have been very badly hurt and let down over the years, so I am very cautious when I do meet someone new.
I guess it is easier to remain single, and just have friends.

Reactions: teamitachiuchiha and BobbiSueEllen
statik said:

THIS.

It seems relationships are so Frasierized anymore: structured, crafted, scheduled, cubbyholed, etc. etc. etc. It's preformed, formatted...no room for spontaneity, differences, imperfection. So little grace or forgiveness.

And on the flip side: if anyone is approached by a "Mommy", be it real life or online, who comes on strong: run. There's enough stories here, let alone elsewhere, to prove that. Right?

Oh, and if you're forming a relationship with a Diaper Muggle...it pays to put on the brakes full and stop if they don't know about your diaper life and you find yourself suddenly getting into pre-sex. Having sex with someone for the first time dramatically changes perspectives and dynamics within the relationship. Seriously, stop hard and open up...and take your time disclosing your diaper life. They will do one of a few things, including run...perhaps with less than favorable remarks at you. Let them. Honesty factors greatly in relationships...best to get that out before tickly parts mesh up, because you can't go back and you can't suppress your diaper life for someone, for anyone...it'll come raging back later, with catastrophic results possible. We can't change that about us and we can't change another to fit into or around it. If they stay, you've got a good deal...if they set up limits, respect them. If they go...well, keep taking care of yourself and keep moving. Life is still interesting.

Whatever the outcome, be yourself. Live. Breathe. Keep friends close. Diaper up when practical. Crinkle. Toddle-waddle. Be happy. 🤗🥰😎🥳

Reactions: PaddedRita
Good advice in general and much appreciated.

However I don't agree with dating sites being a waste of time, I met my most favorite partner ever on plenty of fish, we are still close friends.

I had a tough time with relationships after my divorce five years ago. I'm just ending a three year roller-coaster of love hate with a partner. Sadly I feel we will not be friends 😔

I have learned from it though, and my past marriage. Hoping someone will be what you want and not who they are will just lead to disappointment and hurt feelings

Now I am open for the universe to bring me my vixen lover and soul mate, or maybe a few fun adventures on the path there😏

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen
The best relationship advice I ever got was

Relationships are like farts

If you are trying too hard it's probably shit

🦊😏

• Haha
Reactions: DinoFrant, Lilli7 and BobbiSueEllen
I think the biggest things that have stuck out to me are communication and an open mind. By open mind, I mean in a relationship you're learning to know each other and growing at the same time. It's always important to be open to your partner and the new things you discover about them. Sometimes when people grow and change, they may not feel as compatible as before, and that's okay to accept because it wouldn't be healthy to be idealizing and hoping that they will change. Other times, you change together and begin to feel closer than ever while still accepting each other's differences and that's such a beautiful thing to go through.

Reactions: PadPhilosopher, Magicalgirl101, fleckothefennec and 2 others
Looking for a relationship is a waste of time, the same applies to friendship.

The last one will come instinctively and won't be able to make you happy, because the world is cursed and that includes many of your friends.

Don't have prejudices, take good care of your intelligence and just do whatever you feel you have to do, the rest will come as time passes by.

Last edited:
Reactions: littledub1955, ElPulpo and BobbiSueEllen
I can relate to not loving or respecting myself in a relationship. I still don't in my current one but I guess it at least makes me feel important to one person in this life. Like a lot of other people I looked and looked to fill that void but it only happened when someone randomly found me through a forum so just be yourself you have absolutely nothing to lose.

statik said:

Nice post Statik.

These are good points and it is very thoughtful of you to share your insights.

TeddyBearCowboy said:
Nice post Statik.

These are good points and it is very thoughtful of you to share your insights.
Advice to live by from your cereal box :)

statik said:

Never be afraid to ask for help. If you're struggling, down on yourself, or just plain ready to give up, then you need to ask for help. Maybe even see a therapist or a counselor; they can be helpful when it comes to personal issues that are far beyond you understanding or even accepting. I'm speaking through experience, it does help to hear someone on a professional level tell you why you are the way you are. When they link up things from your past it's a huge relief to have a better understanding of who you are. It will help. Sometimes it helps to Ask AI ChatGPT Mod APK go of your pride.

It's great to hear that you have gained valuable relationship advice from your own experiences. However, I do have some concerns about the advice you have provided.

Firstly, while it may be true that you can't predict when you will meet the right person, actively seeking out new experiences and meeting new people can increase your chances of finding a compatible partner. It's important to strike a balance between being open to new opportunities and not obsessing over finding a relationship.

Secondly, while it's important to be friends with your partner, there's nothing wrong with having a more structured dating process if that's what works for you. Everyone's preferences are different, and it's important to do what feels right for you and your partner.

Thirdly, communication is indeed crucial in any relationship. However, it's also important to recognize that trust, respect, and compromise are equally important for a healthy relationship.

Lastly, while it's important to learn from past experiences, it's also important not to let past hurt and trauma dictate your future relationships. Each person and relationship is unique, and it's important to approach them with an open mind and a willingness to grow and learn together.

Last edited:
Reactions: PaddedRita, lilbabyjooce and BobbiSueEllen
Back