How to Wear Diapers in Public

Well I only wear thinner diapers in public under dark baggy clothes.

I can't wear my skinny jeans with anything apart from drynites.

I always wear tighter fitting briefs to hold the saggy diaper up when in public.

I wear xl t-shirts anyway as I'm 6ft 3 tall and not keen on tight clothing on my top half.

Reactions: Diprs2
I usually wear thinner diapers like goodnites or pullups whenever I feel like wearing in public hehe

PADDEDACE said:
What about the way you walk or waddled how to you hide that

get used to it! larger diapers will make you waddle, unfortunately. If you don't need the heaviest protection then go for thinner, less-absorbent diapers

Reactions: Josephine, PaddedRita and Jim100
When I go out in public I only wear cloth pull ups and I always wear 2 shirts, the first top get tucked into my pants and the other over the top. Chances are no one will notice, only a trained eye will notice my pull ups under my pants.

Reactions: Diprs2 and Jim100
Highly considering wearing a diaper to a message. Already messaged them letting them know about it and they don't have an issue with it. Just nervous because it's near where I live and wouldn't want to run into anyone. Seems really appealing since no one knows I like diapers. Just to have someone see me in one while messaging me sounds so peaceful.

just put a diaper under your clothes and no one would notice

I've had to wear diapers almost 24/7 for the last six years now ever-since being diagnosed with a weak bladder and disabilities my best tip for wearing diapers in public is don't act so nervously as this will bring unwanted attention to you and if your discoverd don't make a fuss about it just say that I have to wear diapers because of a disability most people would understand that because of the fact that most people aren't going on the hunt for people who wear diapers.

Use baggy cloths as mentioned above at all times as your sillotte will be not as noticeable in public also if you tighten up the diaper as much as possible without ripping it tho will conform more to your waist and over all shape, this will help make your diaper almost invisible under your clothing.

Another tip is when wearing diapers choose one that is highly absorbent but is discreet as in thin super thick diapers will make you stand out like a saw thumb and also I the diaper crinkles when you walk don't worry about it so much lots of cloths sounds for instance backpacks or shoes nobody is going to care if you're in diapers or not as long as you don't go out in public with just a t-shirt and a diaper as this would really not help your image and also maybe illegal due to a breach of decency on your part.

Wear your diapers with pride don't let other people who don't know you judge you there's nothing wrong with what you wear as long as your not committing a crime or hurting anyone by doing so infact there are other people who are just like you so don't feel alone because your not alone as specially given that there are websites that can help you by offering some much needed morral support.

Yours sincerely
Chinababy888

- - - Updated - - -

I've had to wear diapers almost 24/7 for the last six years now ever-since being diagnosed with a weak bladder and disabilities my best tip for wearing diapers in public is don't act so nervously as this will bring unwanted attention to you and if your discoverd don't make a fuss about it just say that I have to wear diapers because of a disability most people would understand that because of the fact that most people aren't going on the hunt for people who wear diapers.

Use baggy cloths as mentioned above at all times as your sillotte will be not as noticeable in public also if you tighten up the diaper as much as possible without ripping it tho will conform more to your waist and over all shape, this will help make your diaper almost invisible under your clothing.

Another tip is when wearing diapers choose one that is highly absorbent but is discreet as in thin super thick diapers will make you stand out like a saw thumb and also I the diaper crinkles when you walk don't worry about it so much lots of cloths sounds for instance backpacks or shoes nobody is going to care if you're in diapers or not as long as you don't go out in public with just a t-shirt and a diaper as this would really not help your image and also maybe illegal due to a breach of decency on your part.

Wear your diapers with pride don't let other people who don't know you judge you there's nothing wrong with what you wear as long as your not committing a crime or hurting anyone by doing so infact there are other people who are just like you so don't feel alone because your not alone as specially given that there are websites that can help you by offering some much needed morral support.

Yours sincerely
Chinababy888

Reactions: Diprs2 and Kellycares
First Time Public in Cloth

After using CVS disposables for a couple of years I just bought two cloth diapers and plastic pants from Baby-Pants on line. I experimented with folding and have figured out a method that works for me. I wore my new "ensemble" under my pants for several hours walking downtown yesterday. Since I'd had to shift the diaper down a bit on my hips in order to fasten my pants, the weight of my urine made the diaper sag to mid-thigh but the plastic pants and my regular pants held it up so it did its job very nicely. I can't say it was comfortable walking while wet but I didn't get chafed and didn't leak. I think cloth will be good for overnights because with disposables I have to get up and change once or twice and my goal is to stay in bed all night, preferably sleeping through but I haven't reached that goal yet.

Reactions: Bertie63 and Diprs2
DRAGON284284 said:
just put a diaper under your clothes and no one would notice

Couldn't agree more I wear nappies all the time and no one has ever commented.

- - - Updated - - -

SoakedSheets said:
get used to it! larger diapers will make you waddle, unfortunately. If you don't need the heaviest protection then go for thinner, less-absorbent diapers

When I first started wearing nappies I was paranoid but to be honest "Get used to it" is the best advice anyone could give. If you either need nappies or just want to wear them just get on with it no one will either notice nor care.

Reactions: Diprs2, Jim100 and (deleted member)
I was very paranoid when I first went out. It's still a little nerve wracking even though I know no one is paying attention. I've worn thick and thin and I don't think it matters. Just wear baggy clothes (easy now since I've gotten fat) and make sure your shirts are long enough. I bought some extra long t-shirts to cover up. I've never changed in public so I can't comment on that. Usually just a quick outing to the store or movie. I had a poop accident while shopping but went right home and changed.

All in all, o one is paying attention and just relax and enjoy your diaper

I wrote a blog about this the other day:

https://www.adisc.org/forum/entry.php/11546-Diapers-in-Public

Bottom line: I love wearing in public. It's a total rush. And, there'll come a time when you'll realize no one knows or cares what you're wearing under your pants. Also, for me, learning how to change standing up was a boon: it's now my preferred method of getting diapered even while I'm at home, and it's a crucial skill if (for example) you flood yourself a bit more than you were expecting and your M4s start leaking (not saying this happened to me last week or anything...).

As someone who suffers from anxiety, going out in public is hard. I have yet to change in public, but know the time will coming. My change bag is packed and ready to go. The most nerve wracking thing is wearing to work. If I get found out there, I'm sure to face the ridicule of some very insensitive co workers.

I just diaper up as usual, put a pair of the abena stretch pants on to hold stuff in place, either a onsie or just t-shirt and go about my day.

My backpack has a large bag full of wipes, powder, baggies, clear duct tape and hand sanitizer. Put your changing kit in a bag... Powder leaks are not good.

The hardest part is changing in public... Finding a decent place, one that has doors that latch on the stall, and wall space to back up against. The only other thing that turns me off when changing are those high velocity hand dryers.... Sorry the noise just kinda irritates me.

I change and use that time to sit and try to poop too. Then I get Rediapered, bag up my old diaper and walk out of the stall like I own the joint and don't care who sees.

I had lots of practice on vacation last year... Had to change all across this country when I drove from Ohio to Arizona and back.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm sort of confused by some of what the op said about barrier creams. I think it was mentioned to avoid using them as they interfere with the absorbency of the diaper. That's the first I herd this. Before I was rid that barrier is very important. I always use it and somtimes I use a lot of it. For me it acids diaper rash and chafing between the legs. Is it better to use just powder?

diapernh said:
The only other thing that turns me off when changing are those high velocity hand dryers.... Sorry the noise just kinda irritates me.

I kinda like the hand dryers. Adds cover noise for ripping off tapes or other noises you make while changing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know many will not agree with what I like to do, but we all have different tastes and attitudes. Not only have I been wetting, but I have also often pooped over the years in public. If I'm up to doing it or afraid I might get a diarrhea rush, I make sure that my diaper is covered with a large pair of plastic pants. They must be large just in case of a leak from the diaper. When not at night, most of the time it was in winter while wearing a coat. There was little to see or smell from outside. I have done it while walking in busy streets, when paying the cashier at a supermarket or just walking through some crowded places, in a bus, the subway or a park. Never had a problem with it but of course know I will have to remain messy until I get back home, that could mean several hours after.

I think you have to find the diaper that suits you best and wear the clothes you want to wear rather than worry too much about other people. It's easy to get trapped by self consciousness and thinking that everyone can see and hear. I like smart, close fitting clothes and often wear a suit to work. It's not very obvious that I have a nappy on but noticeable to anyone who might pay attention to how I look or what I'm wearing. So I'm not hiding it but not forcing it on anyone either. I could wear a thinner one but like to wear something more substantial so I don't have to change as much. I think the starting point has to be that you wear the diaper you want to wear. It has been discreetly touched on at work and by friends and I had a particularly bad experience with one employer a few years ago, but being ashamed or covering up to avoid the negativity of others isn't the answer.

I think it comes more natural and easy over time along with how confident you are as a person. Our younger and less experienced brothers and sisters will naturally be unsure of themselves. I'm not incontinent but do live with extreme urgency with pee and especially poop. If I'm not within a a minute of a bathroom, it's going in my diaper. Yes, I've been wearing 24/7 for over a decade so perhaps with all that experience I've become very used to it. At home or in public, simply dosen't matter. I don't advertise it but I do own it. I couldn't live any other way. As for clothing choice, I always wear dark or black very baggy clothing. Since I've retired ( early at 57 ), my usual warm weather attire consists of some very baggy, dark shorts with a Columbia fishing shirt in 2x. When worn tails out (always), it comes down past my butt effectively hiding the diaper. And I do wear pretty thick diapers. Since it's not uncommon for me to have major messing accidents when out and about plus being a heavy wetter, I wear a confidry 24/7 as a "diaper liner" under a Kins pull-up cloth diaper under plastic pants. The "liner" keeps poop off my cloth diaper and makes clean-up so much easier. Yes, they are rather thick but I find that level of protection necessary. When worn for about an hour and when slightly damp they are surprisingly easy to walk in with no discomfort or waddle. Mobility is not an issue. Cold weather brings out very baggy sweats, 2x flannel shirts with tails out and various coats. When situations dictate, I'll wear some very baggy black dockers with some cool sweaters or a sports jacket. My other precautions include a good amount of desitin (has zinc oxide for superior protection - haven't had a diaper rash in years), Nullo tablets for odor control, and my heavy gage plastic pants. When at home I can wear my light weight plastic pants with, truth be told, more comfort. I will say that I detest loose stool and do everything I can to avoid it. I had about a foot of my large intestine removed decades ago (concentrated diverticulitis), the cause of my severe urgency. I was told to use a bulk producing fiber supplement and have had problem free, easy to pass BM's since the surgery. I rarely have the runs except for the occasional food poisoning like the rest of us. At those times I use Immodium to fix the problem. As for being out in public, like I said earlier, it takes experience and a natural level of self confidence. I live on a lake a block away from our old (175 year old village) downtown and will frequently take a stroll to the coffee shop, wine bar, various resturants and even the library. I've had numerous public "accidents", sometimes while in conversation with some other locals and haven't been "discovered". My only real problem is that with the bulk producing fiber supplement (I use Metamucil) I produce enormous volume multiple times a day. Since it is so difficult to change away from home with a pull-up cloth diaper, I don't. I have such good capacity that it just became a matter of getting used to having a (usually large) load in my diaper. I'll admit that it did take some getting used to. Now I have no problem with it. I've even sat in the library for a few hours with a load in wet diapers with no issue. I just need to be aware of how wet I am so I don't leak. With my level of protection it's so rare as to not even disserve a mention. Since I was a thumbsucking diapered bedwetter into my early teens I suppose it's been a lot easier for me to embrace and yes, even enjoy at times. And when I had to revert back to using diapers was nerve-racking in the beginning, I'm now so comfortable with it I'm not hardly ever bothered by it. So my advise is to take the proper precautions and relax. In all the years I've been wearing diapers I don't think anyone has noticed. And if they did, they didn't say anything. Most don't know or care.

One thing occurred to me just the other day and it really made me stop and say, "huh". Think of all the adults that wear diapers or some type of protection under their clothes. Just the incontinent alone. That means a lot of adults are going about their business wearing their business under their clothes. Yet I cannot think of one single time that I've ever spotted someone in public with one showing. So what am I so afraid of? I've probably unknowingly bumped into others just like me without even knowing it.

i wear pamper slip ons and a skirt when going outside so not to noticeable unless i did a big mess in them. i never wear footwear and suck on a pacifier so use to people staring at me. i kinda get a thrill about being noticed as a baby girl

Back