Thread: I've returned, and need advice on being a Daddy desperately..

Default I've returned, and need advice on being a Daddy desperately..

First off I just wanna say I'm so sorry to my friends for just disappearing multiple times through the years, life's been a really bumpy road so far..

Now I ended up moving on from my previous relationship over a year ago, and since then have found someone else. We have been together for over 6 months, and this is the longest relationship I've maintained.

He has everything I look for in a mate, except he has no idea how to be a Daddy...He tries, but he just doesn't understand how to do it in the loving, caring way, that I've come to know. I try to explain how to be a daddy to him, but it's very difficult for me.

He's willing to do everything to make me happy, and is even willing to make a section of our room partly into a nursery! I just need help on how to explain the Little-Daddy relationship to him. Get him to have a better grip on all the things a Daddy does to make there Baby happy...Because it's gotten to the point where I just really need that kind of attention in my life..

Being a little boy is what truly makes me happy...*Not all the time of course that would ruin the fun, but a couple day's maybe a week in a row never hurt's !*

Soo, sorry for the novel, and anyone who can help me out I would be forever grateful!

Quote Originally Posted by jter42 View Post
    First off I just wanna say I'm so sorry to my friends for just disappearing multiple times through the years, life's been a really bumpy road so far..

Now I ended up moving on from my previous relationship over a year ago, and since then have found someone else. We have been together for over 6 months, and this is the longest relationship I've maintained.

He has everything I look for in a mate, except he has no idea how to be a Daddy...He tries, but he just doesn't understand how to do it in the loving, caring way, that I've come to know. I try to explain how to be a daddy to him, but it's very difficult for me.

He's willing to do everything to make me happy, and is even willing to make a section of our room partly into a nursery! I just need help on how to explain the Little-Daddy relationship to him. Get him to have a better grip on all the things a Daddy does to make there Baby happy...Because it's gotten to the point where I just really need that kind of attention in my life..

Being a little boy is what truly makes me happy...*Not all the time of course that would ruin the fun, but a couple day's maybe a week in a row never hurt's !*

Soo, sorry for the novel, and anyone who can help me out I would be forever grateful!
    So glad to see you back on the site. I've been reading Rosalie Bent's novel, "There's a Baby In My Bed" and so far, I find it quite good. I think this would give him all the information he would need. There's a lot of psychological content, derived from some things which I've read on the internet, but also from interviews with other ABs. I think you'd get a lot out of the book as well.

I know that's a short answer, but I think it's a good one. I downloaded the book to my Kindle, and it was expensive at $12.95, but considering how well it ties all the threads of who we are, together into coherent ideas, I think it's worth it. I suspect it entailed a lot of time and effort.

I hope your relationship works out. I'm sure you are quite the find for almost anyone. Hang in there my friend.

Quote Originally Posted by dogboy View Post
    So glad to see you back on the site. I've been reading Rosalie Bent's novel, "There's a Baby In My Bed" and so far, I find it quite good. I think this would give him all the information he would need. There's a lot of psychological content, derived from some things which I've read on the internet, but also from interviews with other ABs. I think you'd get a lot out of the book as well.

I know that's a short answer, but I think it's a good one. I downloaded the book to my Kindle, and it was expensive at $12.95, but considering how well it ties all the threads of who we are, together into coherent ideas, I think it's worth it. I suspect it entailed a lot of time and effort.

I hope your relationship works out. I'm sure you are quite the find for almost anyone. Hang in there my friend.
    Thank you so much Dogboy, and I'm super glad to hear from you again! *hugs*...I really really appreciate the help. I have already ordered the book and it is on the way! I really hope that it will help my mate understand all of this...

Because there's really no way that I can tell him how to be a daddy...I truly need and want that relationship with him, and he understands how big a part of me all this, so hopefully this book will piece some answers together for us .

Thank you so much Dogboy, and I'm super glad to hear from you again! *hugs*...I really really appreciate the help. I have already ordered the book and it is on the way! I really hope that it will help my mate understand all of this...

Because there's really no way that I can tell him how to be a daddy...I truly need and want that relationship with him, and he understands how big a part of me all this, so hopefully this book will piece some answers together for us .
    I hope it's helpful for you and your mate but I don't understand why you're unable to tell your partner what you want. I offered to caretake for a friend and despite being into this myself, I only had a vague notion of the details (it wasn't really on my fantasy list). We talked online for months beforehand and although we're friends and lots of other subjects arose, we covered a lot of ground in terms of what he liked. I've seen since that others are different (big surprise!) so even if I had a fantasy of a perfect caregiver in mind, I would have needed to talk to him to see where we differed.

I can't believe that there is anyone more qualified than you to tell someone else how your daddy should be. Take that book as a starting point if need be but talk to him.

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
    I hope it's helpful for you and your mate but I don't understand why you're unable to tell your partner what you want. I offered to caretake for a friend and despite being into this myself, I only had a vague notion of the details (it wasn't really on my fantasy list). We talked online for months beforehand and although we're friends and lots of other subjects arose, we covered a lot of ground in terms of what he liked. I've seen since that others are different (big surprise!) so even if I had a fantasy of a perfect caregiver in mind, I would have needed to talk to him to see where we differed.

I can't believe that there is anyone more qualified than you to tell someone else how your daddy should be. Take that book as a starting point if need be but talk to him.

Well hes known about this stuff for awhile, but only just recently I explained how important it is to me and how happy it would make me for this to be a part of our relationship. I have talked to him a bit about the things I like done to me and how to do them, like diaper checks, how to change me, bottle feeding etc. But hes still trying to understand how to do it in a loving, caring sort of way.

Your very right about how noone else could be better at explaining how I like to be babied, so I do really need to try and explain what I like in a Daddy figure. I also understand that this is probably just one of those things thats going to take awhile for him to fully understand and master.

I'm sure as time goes by he will get to know the lil boy that i keep so well hidden .

Well hes known about this stuff for awhile, but only just recently I explained how important it is to me and how happy it would make me for this to be a part of our relationship. I have talked to him a bit about the things I like done to me and how to do them, like diaper checks, how to change me, bottle feeding etc. But hes still trying to understand how to do it in a loving, caring sort of way.

Your very right about how noone else could be better at explaining how I like to be babied, so I do really need to try and explain what I like in a Daddy figure. I also understand that this is probably just one of those things thats going to take awhile for him to fully understand and master.

I'm sure as time goes by he will get to know the lil boy that i keep so well hidden .
    I see. That makes more sense. Expect that it will take a little time. We've gotten better at it with time, practice, and comfort with one another. You might look for ways that you can model this for him, i.e., show him directly rather than only explaining it. If he's not into it, he's probably not going to want to get diapered but you can show a lot of the same manner of caring without the accessories and it might make it easier to understand than an explanation. It will probably be embarassing but no one can read minds. This is how people get what they want and give what is desired in intimate relationships. Good partner communication isn't just for sex

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
    I see. That makes more sense. Expect that it will take a little time. We've gotten better at it with time, practice, and comfort with one another. You might look for ways that you can model this for him, i.e., show him directly rather than only explaining it. If he's not into it, he's probably not going to want to get diapered but you can show a lot of the same manner of caring without the accessories and it might make it easier to understand than an explanation. It will probably be embarassing but no one can read minds. This is how people get what they want and give what is desired in intimate relationships. Good partner communication isn't just for sex
    Thanks so much for the advice Trevor!

It's becoming easier and easier to explain to him how to be a daddy now. It was just very embarrassing at first, so I kinda just started shutting down and telling him we will talk another time. But I sat down with myself yesterday and wrote a mental list on all the thing's that Daddy can do to put a smile on this lil ones face, and regress me. This has made it a lot easier to give him ideas on the things that I like done to me, instead of trying to think of them on the spot and end up drawing a blank.

I was kind of relying on other Daddies to give me ideas, but in the end, I really am the best person to convey to him how I want to be treated. Simple as that.

Thank you guys for the good advice, and if anyone can give any other Daddy tips it certainly couldnt hurt ^.^!