Building an AB Wardrobe

Mandy

Est. Contributor
For many ABDLs, clothing can be an important factor in regression or roleplay. Those who roleplay at the younger baby/toddler age may prefer a simple t-shirt and diaper or onesie. For older ageplayers, shortalls or some brightly colored shorts and a shirt might be more preferable. Many ABDLs want to acquire an extensive wardrobe, but buying from strictly AB clothing websites is simply not an option for some due to how expensive they can be.

Things to Consider Before Shopping

Before you start buying you all the clothes that you can, you must first take some things into account.

First you must set a budget for yourself. A fun and ''childlike'' way to do this would be to set up an allowance system. You could treat yourself to new clothes or AB gear with a set allowance for every month or so. If you have a caretaker you can even set this up with them. Personally my caretaker handles my income and allows me only so much to spend on clothes a month with what I don't spend rolled over so that I can save up for something big or expensive.

Age is also an important factor as it will heavily influence your decisions in clothing.

Lastly, you must answer the basic questions about how you will use these clothes. How often will you be wearing your clothes? Do you live on your own? Do you have the means to afford your clothes, to hide it, and be able to wash it without being caught? If you are struggling to hide diapers, you most likely will have a hard time hiding a onesie, or even getting it into the washing machine. If you plan on wearing out in public, try to consider how subtle you can be without raising attention from peers.

Shopping in Your Own Closet

Depending on your style of dress you may be able to salvage some clothes out of your current closet. This will help cut down your cost. For example, if you have a cute childish top and simply require bottoms, this cuts your outfits cost in half. Things to look for in your closet:
  • bright primary colored clothing
  • clothing with cartoon characters
  • sundresses
  • "babydoll'' style tops
  • cute pajamas

Where to Shop

AB clothing stores can be very overpriced. Fortunately there are stores where you can get affordable and childish clothing. Going this route may also help you find more subtle clothes for going out.

Forever 21

Great shops for girls! They are relatively inexpensive and easily accessible. During the springtime finding cute sundresses is very easy, or even a babydoll style top. Cropped tees may be an option if you would like to show off your diapers as well. They also tend to carry bodysuits. These are similar to onesies but not babyish, however, if you are incontinent or would like some discreetness, they could come in handy.

Department Stores

During the winter season, you should be able to find lounge-style pants and other pajamas with popular cartoon characters, as pajamas are a simple holiday gift. Shirts with cartoon characters are also readily available in the young men's section.

Target, Walmart, and Big Box Stores

If you are small enough to wear children sized clothing, this is a great place to pajamas. Keep in mind past a children's size 12 you won't find very babyish pajamas. However, both Target and Walmart are known to carry adult sized sleepers. This could also be a great place for t-shirts or even overalls.

Thrift Stores

If you have the patience to search through clothes, you may be able to find some very cheap clothes at thrift stores like Goodwill. I have found overalls there on several occasions. If you are taking a trip, go ahead and feel free to look for some diapers.

Shopping Online

Shopping online allows for a greater variety in clothes and sizes. All of the sites above with the exception of thrift stores have online shops. However there are a few more sites to visit.

eBay

ABDL clothing can be found here already made. There are also cases of people selling custom clothes that they out grew. It could potentially be an opportunity to score some cheap clothes.

ABDL Shops

Shops that cater to the ABDL community can be very expensive, but they are still an option. If you are not crafty with sewing, getting snaps added to your overalls or having a custom onesie made may be the only option. Here's a brief list of shops:

Custom Clothing

So even after all the shopping around, the eBay searching and looking at ABDL shops, you still may not find your dream outfit. If you are willing to spend the money, you can always try getting a custom order. Your best bet is to contact ABDL shops or eBay shops that make clothes. When you send an email, be sure to include as many details as you can to help them create what you want.

The first two things you will need is a seller willing to make custom clothing and a price quote. I usually combine both of these into my first email. Like a casual email, be sure to introduce yourself. Include a description of what you are looking for by asking if they make custom items. Then, carry on to say what you would like. Describe your outfit in as much detail as possible, and even include reference pictures.

When asking for a price quote, you must include some measurements. This will help the tailor estimate about how much fabric they will use and thus give you an accurate estimate. The basic measurements are usually: chest, trunk length, arm, and leg. Refer to Taking Measurements for Clothing, for help. Don’t be discouraged if you don’t get many responses or many who you contact are not willing to take any custom orders.

Final Thoughts

Overall, building your baby wardrobe can be very inexpensive if you have the patience to do so. Waiting for online deals, or searching for coupon codes can bring down your cost. As a rule of thumb, I look to either get free shipping or save equivalent to what shipping would cost with a discount to make the most of my purchase.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
Reactions: PaddedPonyboy, MajesticHamster, PaddedCub and 16 others
Your right it's takes time to find the right stuff but it's worth it. I find great stuff on eBay. But I will look on thrifts stores too. Not a bad idea thanks

Sent from my VS870 4G using Tapatalk

Reactions: littledub1955 and BobbiSueEllen
I have had very good luck shopping for babyish clothing at Aliexpress for my baby girl. Just have to keep in mind that most of the sizing is Chinese sizing, so a ladies size 6 in the US would typically be a size L or even XL so you really need to have your measurements and be fairly petite to shop successfully there. Shipping is (amazingly) free for many items. You do have to be patient since there can sometimes be thousands of items in a category (ie t-shirts) so you have to learn the right terms to search for since much of it is poorly translated from Chinese (i.e. kawaii, student, Harajuku, sailor, preppy, Mori Girl, Kitty are search terms I've had good lucj with). A sampling of some of the outfits we've bought is below. We got a Hellow Kitty iron on patch on the site and put it on the pink overalls which makes them very cute.
http://imgur.com/gallery/xShKI

Reactions: littledub1955 and BobbiSueEllen
Reactions: BobbiSueEllen and LilxFawn
I have been on eBay several times I have ordered several onsies but the best I've ordered have several rombers. I have a paw patrol romper I'm very proud of. I have also ordered onsies from baby pants. One of the best onsies I've ordered so far has been from abuniverse.

Reactions: littledub1955, Monster3579 and BobbiSueEllen
Some of it is luck for me. I found a pack of Goodnites TruFit underwear in a store, and I snatched it up, as I do with any unattended diapers. Also, since I can't find exactly what I want in stores or online, I might actually make my own clothes. For me (my AB/DL roleplay character is a 3 year old little girl), I might eventually make my own clothes (little girl clothes, but made for my body type), and I do my hair in pigtails since it's a kinda childish style. :)

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen
Clothes are one area where I have been very lucky. My style has always been quite juvenile, so no one in my family is ever surprised to see me wandering around in footed sleepers or overalls/shortalls. I’ve found some great pairs of overalls on eBay, including my favourite pair, which are Capri length and lime green with hand painted daisies on them. I’m keeping an eye out for a pair of Winnie the Pooh overalls next. I’ve found some nice overalls at Walmart in the kids’ section as well, and Walmart and Target both sell adult sized sleepers with and without feet. I think it’s becoming a trend. I found my favourite sleepers at Target, they’re giraffe print with a hood that has giraffe ears and horns on it.

There’s also a UK based website that ships globally called the all in one company. There you can custom create your own footed sleepers. You get to choose the fabric type and color, and whether it has pockets, a hood, feet, and animal tails, ears and horns. I recently made a panda sleeper and I’m waiting for it to be delivered, super excited! One more place that’s good to find overalls is thrift stores. I don’t know why, but every time I visit a thrift store (which is a lot because I’m always on the hunt for unique plushies) I always see several pairs of overalls. The last one I went to had a whole rack of them.

Reactions: Woncrinklz, LittlePrince, Monster3579 and 1 other person
lamando said:
Your right it's takes time to find the right stuff but it's worth it. I find great stuff on eBay. But I will look on thrifts stores too. Not a bad idea thanks

Sent from my VS870 4G using Tapatalk

Thanks for the great information. I have also purchased form Target and the Disney store.
I purchased two t-shirts at Kohls, both have cartoon characters on the front, one is Disney's Stitch and the other is Nickelodeons' family of characters.

Reactions: Monster3579 and BobbiSueEllen
Thanks for the sources, unfortunately I am usually troubled by the postage. I love the idea of building a larger wardrobe and always on the lookout for things I can adapt with snaps or ruffles!

OMG I just checked out Aliexpress, their stuff is so cute! I may have squealed and woken up my dog when I saw some of the overalls. Definitely going shopping when my tax refund clears!

I am fairly new to all of this; and I've been browsing ABDL on-line stores. I have even bought a pacifier and changing mat. However; since we all like to wear diapers -why do they sell Training Pants. It seems like this would be counter to what we like. Granted we all like different things.

wettingagain said:
I am fairly new to all of this; and I've been browsing ABDL on-line stores. I have even bought a pacifier and changing mat. However; since we all like to wear diapers -why do they sell Training Pants. It seems like this would be counter to what we like. Granted we all like different things.
Although we are under the umbrella AB for Adult Baby, in truth we are a very diverse group. Some of us like baby stuff, some toddler stuff and some child stuff. And many people chose some items from all three groups. If you look through some of the threads that ask for the regression ages, you will find ages ranging from under 1 year old to teenagers. As such, many ABDL stores will carry diapers and training pants.

Reactions: Woncrinklz, Monster3579, ChibiDolly and 3 others
I have training pants that say "Big Boy Pants." I wear them occasionally when I'm not wearing diapers though my wife sneers at them for not really being "big boy pants."

wettingagain said:
Thank u for the comments - i appreciate it

I would also recommend learning to sew. It’s a very useful skill (not just for making clothes, but also altering or repairing them if needed), and it can be done both by machine or by hand. Hand-sewing takes longer, but it’s cheaper, and can be just as sturdy as machine-stitching if you make your stitches small enough (see Bernadette Banner’s video for how to do this).

in order to make something without a pattern, you’ll need to be able to think in terms of how the shapes will fit together, and I recommend making several mock-ups (basically prototypes made from muslin or scrap fabric so you can figure out what shapes you need without wasting your nice fabric) and referencing something similar to what you’re trying to make.

Reactions: PooMinara, Monster3579 and BobbiSueEllen
I found Etsy.com to be really good for getting ABDL clothes for all ages. pretendagain.com and tykables.com are also really good.

My collection is a big mix of sources: thrift shops, eBay, Big Tots on Etsy, yard sales...and knowing how to sew is definitely a dividend, as I got some righteous overalls in a toddler fit & loads of room for diapers, then undid the inseam, cut the legs, rehemmed the legs and added giant snaps to make shortalls. Every layette hasta have shortalls! You can do it all pret-ty cheap if ya look around...and all that money ya save goes straight to diapers! 🥰🍼🧸🥳

• Love
Reactions: KBoy, Monster3579 and Angelapinks
b
BobbiSueEllen said:
My collection is a big mix of sources: thrift shops, eBay, Big Tots on Etsy, yard sales...and knowing how to sew is definitely a dividend, as I got some righteous overalls in a toddler fit & loads of room for diapers, then undid the inseam, cut the legs, rehemmed the legs and added giant snaps to make shortalls. Every layette hasta have shortalls! You can do it all pret-ty cheap if ya look around...and all that money ya save goes straight to diapers! 🥰🍼🧸🥳
Big tots I have never heard one.

I have bought my onesies and plastic pants from very different places on the internet: the traditional ABDL or incontinence products stores (abdlfactory, SaveExpress, Cuddlz, NappiesRus, MyInnerBaby (recently), MaxDiaper, etc.), but I have also used Etsy and e-Bay if I have found some super cute clothes I cannot resist (e.g. by BigTots and mylilkinkboutique).

Last edited:
Reactions: Miccheck, LittlePrince and BobbiSueEllen
Back