Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bloody kids

Default Bloody kids

So I've been living with my partner now for 4 months and within the past 2 weeks her 13 and 11 year old daughters both found my nappy stash.

I was not prepared for that. We told them why I have them and well they just let it at that.

Talk about a heart attack and a half.

The kids need to know their bounds. No getting in your bedroom! If they're tat precocious, then it's probably only a matter of time before a couple go missing. It's like stealing cigarettes from your parents. Anything for a challenge.

Quote Originally Posted by pioneerford View Post
    We told them why I have them and well they just let it at that.
    You told them you like diapers?

Kids will be kids. It's on you if they find your diapers. Mine stay locked in my car trunk for that reason. As I generally indulge only when I'm alone, it's no big deal to fetch them when I need them.

As I see it, incontinence is really the only acceptable explanation to give kids. Talking about fetishes is no different from divulging the details of what goes on between you and your partner when the bedroom door is locked.

Quote Originally Posted by Cottontail View Post

As I see it, incontinence is really the only acceptable explanation to give kids. Talking about fetishes is no different from divulging the details of what goes on between you and your partner when the bedroom door is locked.
    Hmm, I'd be a bit worried about lying to kids that way (assuming it is a lie, of course). Incontinence can be a sign of more serious issues, and if the kids are old enough, the odds they start googling around for info are pretty high.

Maybe I give too much credit to kids, but if you're found anyway, I'd think a simple explanation that you like to wear them once in a while, that it's not a big deal, but that it is private would be a good way to approach the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by ArchieRoni View Post
    Hmm, I'd be a bit worried about lying to kids that way (assuming it is a lie, of course). Incontinence can be a sign of more serious issues, and if the kids are old enough, the odds they start googling around for info are pretty high.
    Parents are professional liars, or at least truth-stretchers. Again, your kid knocks on your bedroom door and inquires about the noise, and you'd use that as a segue into a birds-and-bees conversation? Definitely not. And then there's Santa, the Easter Bunny, etc. When a parent is sick with cancer and gets a one-month prognosis, is it "daddy is very sick," or is it "daddy is going to die in a month." Being 100% truthful with kids is not only nigh impossible, I would argue that it's inappropriate.

As for incontinence, a kid who's told "daddy needs these at night" is unlikely to extrapolate some bigger problem from it unless you, as a parent, have a history of hiding big problems from them. Kids are curious, but generally not nearly as cynical and skeptical as 30- and 40-somethings.

Telling your 11-year-old that you like diapers is a recipe for trouble, IMO. Telling a kid that something is private in many cases only increases a thing's inherent interesting-ness, and makes it more likely that they'll leak it. The trouble is that they have no understanding of fetishes, can't rationalize why it would be inappropriate to discuss them, and lack an adult's ability or discipline in foreseeing the consequences of sharing something private.

Maybe I should explain a bit more.

I have a bladder control problem.
    The kids already knew that I have medical issues that I don't speak of and when they found my nappies I explained about my bladder and told them that this is one of my medical problems that I don't speak of.

If that's the case, then I think you probably handled the problem as Cottontail suggested, which to me, is the way to go. The day that I find a perfect human, I'll let the site know. We all have something, even incontinence. I don't see it as that big a deal. I had to catheterize myself for 6 or 8 weeks after back surgery. Stuff happens that we have no control over. The trick is to adapt and cope with the things which are thrown at us.

Quote Originally Posted by pioneerford View Post
    Maybe I should explain a bit more.

I have a bladder control problem.
    The kids already knew that I have medical issues that I don't speak of and when they found my nappies I explained about my bladder and told them that this is one of my medical problems that I don't speak of.

I wonder why you don't have IC in your profile.

Quote Originally Posted by dogboy View Post
    If that's the case, then I think you probably handled the problem as Cottontail suggested, which to me, is the way to go. The day that I find a perfect human, I'll let the site know. We all have something, even incontinence. I don't see it as that big a deal. I had to catheterize myself for 6 or 8 weeks after back surgery. Stuff happens that we have no control over. The trick is to adapt and cope with the things which are thrown at us.
    This pretty much expresses my sentiments.

I also would add that once the kids have made the discovery, there are privacy concerns no matter what explanation you give them, since there's always a chance they'll blab about it accidentally or even intentionally if they want to be willful. I hope there are ways of parenting where you can set clear boundaries about a few really important issues so that if something like this comes up, the parents can explain why it's important and trust that the kids won't disrespect that.

here's what i have:
    Secure your inner door with Yale door bolt

just drill straight through for the keyhole, to make it lockable from both sides, then you can hide away from the squabbles, the Cheesy Wotsits burps, Vimto smiles and the wtf-have-they-had-their-fingers-in-?!!
    works on kids and idiots.