Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 19

Thread: Well, back to this again... Makeshift diapers. What have you made when you ran out of a supply of diapers?

  1. #1

    Lightbulb Well, back to this again... Makeshift diapers. What have you made when you ran out of a supply of diapers?

    Sorry, this may be a little bit of a rant here, just kind of annoyed at the moment... I'll try to keep it to the point then ask the question at the end.

    Well, guys, I'm having some money issues currently. Also, even if I did have the money, my dad found out about me buying nothing but toys, plushies, and diapers with most of my money. He doesn't want me to order stuff I don't need online because of it, he's now monitoring me more closely. :/

    I really don't know why it matters so much, I buy my own clothes, food, furniture, etc. With my own money no less. Hell, I even help him with bills. He drinks and smokes his money away, why can't I spend some money on myself the way I like? >.< Oh well, just have to put up with it for just a few more months until I move out with a few friends.

    As for the diapers, he knows about my bedwetting, but he'd rather me just have the bed protector as I don't wet that often. Couple times a month, if that. He also says that I'll get too dependent on them and my problem will only get worse. Which, honestly, it's true. I admit that it isn't making my problem better. In fact, the reason why I'm still a bedwetter at 22 is because of the diapers. I've been in them most of my life, at least at night. I enjoy them a bit too much, as we all here probably do. lol

    I was gonna get a friend order for me online but her mom won't let her. I could go to Walmart and get some Depends but oh man they're bad, in my opinion. And with my dad monitoring me, he won't be happy to still see diapers in my room.

    Soooo... With all that being said. I thought I would make my own. Got like 5 towels and 2 boxes of white Glad ForceFlex garbage bags. Just cut two holes slightly shorter than the width of your legs in each bottom corner. Fold and put the towel between your legs. Put on some underwear to hold the towel up. Then, pull the garbage bag up and tuck the excess into the underwear.

    It's not the same, but it'll do for the time being.

    What have you guys done to make a diaper once you've run out?

    Also, do you think there will be a problem with my junk breathing/sweating/stinking(when wet) too much with it overnight?

  2. #2

    Default

    I didn't do much with cloth makeshifts. I used trash bags and some vinyl sheeting for plastic pants on several occasions but I stuck with modifying disposable baby diapers until I gave up any kind of stash while living at home due to unpleasant discoveries.

    What you propose shouldn't be a problem as long as you wash your diaper with some frequency. You're mimicking a cloth diaper and people wear those without too much trouble. They just need cleaning.

    I'm curious as to why you describe your enjoyment of diapers as the reason for still being a bedwetter. That doesn't quite make sense to me unless there's more you're not saying. I didn't have a bedwetting problem but we have had a number of bedwetters here and while they may or may not have had diapers related to their bedwetting, most of them stopped with or without them. If you don't want to bog down the thread with that, you could make a thread on that subject or PM or just leave me in suspense if it's uncomfortable.

  3. #3

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
    I'm curious as to why you describe your enjoyment of diapers as the reason for still being a bedwetter. That doesn't quite make sense to me unless there's more you're not saying.
    I think I could have worded that better for clarity. I'm not saying that's the reason why, just that I agree with my dad that I rely too much on them. Most of me wishes I wasn't a bedwetter, but the other part of me does, and I think that's why I still wake up wet some nights. It's not just a bladder or sleep issues, it may also be subconscious.

  4. #4

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by ShAd0w10 View Post
    I think I could have worded that better for clarity. I'm not saying that's the reason why, just that I agree with my dad that I rely too much on them. Most of me wishes I wasn't a bedwetter, but the other part of me does, and I think that's why I still wake up wet some nights. It's not just a bladder or sleep issues, it may also be subconscious.
    Aren't they better than having a wet bed? Isn't that precisely what they're relied on for? What does not relying on them get you? I'm not asking this because I think bedwetting is great or that everyone should wear diapers but because they seem like a reasonable help for a lousy situation. Have you ever seen a doctor for this? If so, what was recommended? Maybe I'm out of step here but it seems like diapers of some kind would be useful while you worked on staying dry, presuming that is possible. It sort of sounds like it's blaming the victim, i.e., you.

  5. #5

    Default

    IMHO it's worth making economies elsewhere in your life to enable you to enjoy better diapering experiences, especially if it helps you stay comfortable in bed and get a decent night's sleep, as Trevor says. Don't waste time on makeshifts, get some Drynites or whatever, save time and hassle with wet sheets and delight in being properly protected. It'll be worth the money.

    BTW, what business has your father got with any of this? You might be under his roof and obliged to follow the house rules but your underwear, disposable, absorbent or otherwise, is yours alone.

  6. #6

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
    Maybe I'm out of step here but it seems like diapers of some kind would be useful while you worked on staying dry, presuming that is possible.
    You know how some of the users on here claim that if they wear a diaper to bed, they'll wake up with it wet but have no issues on the occasions that they don't wear to bed? Or the people who say that when wearing a diaper they can get themselves to just sort of dribble constantly, but are perfectly continent when not wearing one? I think that's what he's getting at.

    That said, it's definitely something that he should see a doctor over, and I wouldn't take any of that reasoning as a reason not to wear some protection. It could be a sign of some bigger issue like cancer or nerve damage or something.

    I'd also be worried about the financial side of things. Spending all of your money on diapers and toys and such doesn't sound particularly healthy either. There needs to be some moderation there.

  7. #7

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by irnub View Post
    You know how some of the users on here claim that if they wear a diaper to bed, they'll wake up with it wet but have no issues on the occasions that they don't wear to bed? Or the people who say that when wearing a diaper they can get themselves to just sort of dribble constantly, but are perfectly continent when not wearing one? I think that's what he's getting at.

    That said, it's definitely something that he should see a doctor over, and I wouldn't take any of that reasoning as a reason not to wear some protection. It could be a sign of some bigger issue like cancer or nerve damage or something.

    I'd also be worried about the financial side of things. Spending all of your money on diapers and toys and such doesn't sound particularly healthy either. There needs to be some moderation there.
    I wouldn't put it past one of us but I don't recall any offhand, at least not without "training". I have seen posts and threads here now and again of people who were surprised to have wet during the night with no obvious cause and no significant history of bedwetting, but they're hardly the norm even in this odd group.

    In short, while I might believe an unusual circumstance exists, I wouldn't presume so without exhausting more likely explanations.

  8. #8

    Default

    You might want to look into ordering a couple of Dependico diapers. That way you don't have to worry about not having diapers and wetting the bed. If you order disposable diapers you can request the shipper to hold them for pickup and sneak them into the house at your convenience.

  9. #9

    Default

    I would agree with the Dependeco suggestion. They are very comfortable and breathable, and pretty well priced.

  10. #10

    Default

    I'm wondering if you are short of money, is there a way to either work more, or get a job that pays better? My freedom from home came from employment and my moving out. I do think your dad is being unreasonable if you are wetting the bed. Personally, as Paxe said, go get some Drynites or Goodnites, etc. and enjoy both the protection and the diaper.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 17
    Last Post: 19-Aug-2012, 06:25
  2. Makeshift diapers
    By a1797 in forum Diaper Talk
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-Jul-2011, 02:06
  3. Makeshift Diapers?
    By Musketeer in forum Diaper Talk
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 11-Apr-2011, 00:27

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
ADISC.org - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community.
ADISC.org is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.