Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Regression triggers, anyone?

Default Regression triggers, anyone?

I was curious to if anyone else has certain things that trigger your regressive side? Examples could be a word, a smell, certain foods or situations etc. It's an interesting concept but I have found that certain things REALLY make me just..fall into that state of mind easily. For some reason looking at a stuffed animal's face while holding it does. And the smell of chicken nuggets or eating chicken nuggets. Infact my favourite meals while babying out are a peanut butter and jelly sandwich with milk... or chicken nuggets with mashed potatoes and peas. (Kid cuisine too! Had those all the time as a kid...they really bring back the feels.) Also when I see chocolate pudding I tend to instantly get a lot of happiness from imagining myself eating it messily in a high chair... My main triggers are foods and smells. Smells like baby lotion or sun tan lotion or that..smell when someone holding a baby bag passes by you in the mall...

So people. Thoughts?

pieforberries1

It's often roleplays that trigger my 'regression' side.

Typically when my character has an accident, or has to wear diapers for 'pretend' (He likes to play pretend a lot, though he usually gets 'baby'.))

In real life however, I often walk down the baby aisle.. It's also because I have a lot of things a child would have; Stacks of pokemon cards in my closet, footie pajamas, colorful spoons, etc.

For me it's stuff like coloring books, various baby toys like cars or dolls and the like, etc etc. Which is kind of a problem because I have a three year old nephew who lives with us and his toys are always all over the house. Don't get me wrong, I have self control and when I get roped into playing with him, I can turn my Little side off and just be a good aunt and all that, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't enjoy it for myself in addition to enjoying it because it makes him happy and as his aunt who loves him, I am happy when he's happy.

I find that anything with pastel colours triggers me, but watching cartoons and interacting with opaque plastic also kinda triggers me. I don't feel much of an urge to wear diapers though, all I need is my dummy.

A trigger of mine is sitting in the back seat of a car. Something about just being able to sit there and not have to worry about the road, I get to look out the window and just relax. This is especially true if I am not really sure of where we are going, it reminds me of the many road trips I took as a kid. sometimes I just zone out a bit and pretend we are driving by a wonder land while I imagine whimsical critters running and jumping in the fields. My friends could be chatting up a storm but when riding in the back seat I can tune them out and enter the fun colorful world inside my head.

As I am mostly DL my little side is triggered by a loving cuddle from my gf/mummy when I'm wearing a nappy and plastic pants.

hot wheels legos and new goodnites.

Quote Originally Posted by coboy View Post
    A trigger of mine is sitting in the back seat of a car. Something about just being able to sit there and not have to worry about the road, I get to look out the window and just relax. This is especially true if I am not really sure of where we are going, it reminds me of the many road trips I took as a kid. sometimes I just zone out a bit and pretend we are driving by a wonder land while I imagine whimsical critters running and jumping in the fields. My friends could be chatting up a storm but when riding in the back seat I can tune them out and enter the fun colorful world inside my head.
    I found this interesting as though I do not have lots of great childhood memories, road trips were one of the positive things.

We had a typical 60's or 70's station wagon with a huge back area. When the rear seats were down it was like a queen or at least double bed behind the drivers. This was when seatbelts and safety in general was not such an issue. My sister and I could sleep fully stretched out in the back with our plush friends and toys. The back of the car was a place of blankets and fun. Great memories of sleeping and playing while adults dealt with anything important.

As a lifetime driver (16 to mid fourties) I did go a few years when I didn't drive as I lived downtown and it was often quicker to bike most places. Have no problem admitting it was nice to be able to sit back and let others deal with the issues one has to attend to on the road. Not much different than those of us who cook on a regular basis going to a restaurant. I could do it for myself but it also feels great to be taken care of sometimes.

I lean towards the over responsible type. Having a break where I don't have to be in control of everything is great.

I thought I was the only one who "regressed" unintentionally by a smell, a memory or a situation.

Some smells bring back memories, I can't describe them but they do make me feel little and comfortable. A memory also can trigger an emotion for me, I remember one day when I was a kid, me and my family were going to my grandparents house a few hours away from the city, we took the bus at night in summer that was particularly comfortable clear and with a very bright moon, but somewhat cold and windy.

We were outside the city and in the bus while the lights were off, I felt very comfortable. The orange fields became more evident and the smell of the orange blossoms made me relax , the street lights were dimmer and I could see the orange fields, I felt comfortable but needing someone to cuddle with.

Things that make me close to regression are certain smells.

The smell of these fuzzy pink things
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	flat,550x550,075,f.u2.jpg 
Views:	321 
Size:	89.7 KB 
ID:	20273
    My most vivid memory of them is when I was 6years old. There were a ton of them were I was waiting for the school bus. I remember smelling it, and rubbing it across my face. I picked another one to give to my friend Stormy.

Another one is a lotion that my aunt used to wear all the time when I was little,
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wvs.jpg 
Views:	203 
Size:	20.9 KB 
ID:	20274

Then there are these certain smells in the summer, but I don't know where they come from