Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A Special Place...

Default A Special Place...

Hi everyone! Lotus Flower here. Im quite new here still. I only made my first post two weeks ago. I'm on a journey of self discovery at the moment. But thought maybe it would be nice to talk about something else. hopefully this will be an opportunity to get to know some of you a little more. And maybe you can do some self-exploration through this thread too! So here we go...

As a troubled teen, i sought out counseling. One thing that has always stuck with me ever since. My counsellor once asked me, when i was feeling stressed, to seek out a special place in my mind. one that made me feel at peace. I chose the 'bamboo forest' a scene from the film 'the house of flying daggers'. Such a beautiful film. I could just imagine being in that place, and suddenly feel a wave of calm and tranquility slip over me. i managed to find a place near by where i live that reminded me of it. i went there alot to practice tai chi too. Going to see where they shot that scene is definitely on my bucket list.

So what I'm asking is. If you had to chose a special place. A place of calm, or of peace, a place of comfort, or a place of joy, one where you feel truly free. Where would that place be? and why? It could be a scene from a film, or something in a book you love. It could be something quite sweet and sentimental, like being held in the embrace of someone you love . It could be absolutely anything.

Please bear in mind I'm not asking for specific real life locations really, that would be a little creepy! But, just give it some thought. I look forward to hearing from you all soon.

- Lotus Flower

Hello! Nice to meet you!
    I too am on a voyage of self discovery and this place is definitely the best place I've found so friendly as calm

I don't know where a specific special place would be for for me. But places I like to pretend to be are
    - in my childhood being little for real again this can both be nice for me or upsetting. I get very upset over the past and future even over nice things :/
    - snuggled up to a loved ones chest all protected and safe.
    - on my own island in my own forest maybe in a tree house or a house I've made close to nature and warm. Something I like to do is make things from what I find in the woods like shelters and I've always dreamed of making a big story book tree house all hand made by things in the jungle hehehe

Quote Originally Posted by Littleraindrop View Post
    Hello! Nice to meet you!
    I too am on a voyage of self discovery and this place is definitely the best place I've found so friendly as calm

I don't know where a specific special place would be for for me. But places I like to pretend to be are
    - in my childhood being little for real again this can both be nice for me or upsetting. I get very upset over the past and future even over nice things :/
    - snuggled up to a loved ones chest all protected and safe.
    - on my own island in my own forest maybe in a tree house or a house I've made close to nature and warm. Something I like to do is make things from what I find in the woods like shelters and I've always dreamed of making a big story book tree house all hand made by things in the jungle hehehe
    Hi Littleraindrop. Nice to meet you too!

I think it's really cool that you like to make things using nature! Like shelters and things. I used to love doing things like that. If you've ever heard of a video game called 'minecraft', its basically a 3d world of legos you live and survive in. I like to build things and be creative on that. In one of my worlds i lived inside a giant tree, i placed every branch and leaf myself. took quite awhile... i guess that game is my little getaway. Very relaxing to play. It would be cool to build a little shelter again in the real world, but every-time i've done that it just seems to get trashed by someone. meanies . lol.

- Lotus Flower

For me, my special place has been a place I lived between the ages of 8 and 11. It was along the water, a small meandering creek that made its way out to the bay. I had a small rowboat, as did some of the other kids. We had a ball, playing on the water in the summer, fishing and swimming. In the winter, we'd ice skate, go sledding and have snow ball fights. The best was ice skating on the shallows of the bay, playing hide and seek among the reeds as we skated into open ponds.

This place has been the setting for both my short story "Werewolf" and my upcoming novel. It was a place to discover one's self, discover sex, and have adventures.

Quote Originally Posted by dogboy View Post
    For me, my special place has been a place I lived between the ages of 8 and 11. It was along the water, a small meandering creek that made its way out to the bay. I had a small rowboat, as did some of the other kids. We had a ball, playing on the water in the summer, fishing and swimming. In the winter, we'd ice skate, go sledding and have snow ball fights. The best was ice skating on the shallows of the bay, playing hide and seek among the reeds as we skated into open ponds.

This place has been the setting for both my short story "Werewolf" and my upcoming novel. It was a place to discover one's self, discover sex, and have adventures.
    Hello dogboy! wow... so picturesque! Sound's idyllic. Happy times!! You like to write? i did too... perhaps soppy poems / short stories and stuff as a teenager. but i made a teacher and all the girls cry once with a short story i wrote. i guess you can call that a success . I'm interested to know more about this short story you have wrote... perhaps you've posted it on here? I'd like to read it. Just that paragraph alone has got me. Makes me want to get back into writing. Hope to hear more about this soon!

- Lotus Flower

Probably a sweet and innocent room full of soft pinks and purples, and all my favorite things.. knowing that it's mine, this my room. Angel's. A sweet smell of that artifical strawberry scent in the air because I collect lots of strawberry dolls. A canopy bed and some soft happy music playing.. I plop down on the bed and hug some pillows and feel so happy.

A bit weird and specific sounding, but that sort of thing.

I have pictures for my special place that I took on my honeymoon. It is 40 ft under the water in turtle city with turtles swimming all around me.

Wow, this is a refreshingly new topic. Welcome to ADISC LotusFlower! I've been on a journey of self-discovery for as long as I can remember, and feel that the day I stop discovering new things about myself is the day I die. That being said, I find that if I have a calming space to delve into, it only last as long as the feeling I have at that particular moment in time. If I think of the camp I work at, it feels like home to me. So many cherished memories and such an uplifting feeling to have a place to go to where I can be myself.

But if I'm looking for a focus scene to help with say meditation or relaxation, then I bounce between different nature scenes. It could be an Autumn Day in the old forests of New England. I've never been there, but I have a picture hanging on my wall of a pond with a dock going out to it and a simple row boat attached to the dock while trees with beautiful orange colored leaves surround the pond and a small thatched house sits in the back drop. Absolutely calming. I also think of old English forests. Something about pictures I've seen of them just speaks to my soul as to what my ideal image of a forest should be. I don't normally think of a bamboo forest (though I love bamboo designs and the simplicity of bamboo forests) but I do like to imagine a single fig tree (much like the Bodhi tree) that I imagine myself sitting under for meditation. Something about the branches spreading out with a few dropping like a willow to shield me from the sun while I sit on the gnarled roots just seems so... peaceful. Siddartha chose a good tree to find enlightenment under!

The last image is not so much to cheer me up as much as it is to fantasize about. The typical beach scene where no one is around but you and a SO. The gulls sound off in the distance and the waves soothingly ebb and flow at your feet while the hot sun bakes down upon you and the warm sand caresses and contours to your body. A few fluffy clouds are scattered throughout the sky, but they are mere droplets upon the endless clear blue canvas. Large jagged rocks surround you on either side and there are little colorful sail boats on the horizon. Throw in a few beers and the love of my life to cuddle with and heaven is found in that scene.

- - - Updated - - -

Even just describing that last scene just totally relaxed me. It's amazing how just imagining a picturesque scene can evoke such powerful feelings. I am so at ease right now.

Being snuggled up with my (hypothetical) boyfriend, all cozy in our diapers and sleepers, with our plushies standing by to protect us from the monsters under the bed. ;P

ABDL fantasies aside, I'm drawn to remote maritime settings - beaches, cliffs, harbours, islands, ports, piers, sleepy fishing villages, what have you - accompanied by a warm sea breeze and the sound of waves gently lapping the shore. Seems like the ideal place to contemplate life. Also, seafood is my drug.
    Last edited by futurepunk92; 04-Mar-2014 at 07:27.

What a beautiful question, thank you. I'm so glad it's helped you out too.

Up until now I'd never even thought of it. A quick meander around my head and my first thoughts were of a secret garden. I've always loved the book and I like the idea of being shut off from the world outside.

I also thought back to my teenage years and remembered my favourite place to be back then. We lived in a house surrounded by huge pine trees and my Dad made me a swing from rope and wood that hung from one of the branches. It didn't matter what the weather was doing, I could usually be found on my swing. Now, whenever I sit on one I'm instantly taken back. The soothing regularity of the motion and the wind blowing in my face along with the support and knowing that no matter what my day had been like, my swing would always be there.

So I think that's got to be it for me. A simple swing. And if I want to shut off from the outside world, my swing will be in my secret garden