Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Use of ABDL items in a non-ABDL context.

Default Use of ABDL items in a non-ABDL context.

Hi, everyone. I came across this post on Tumblr recently and thought it might be interesting to bring it up here. You can find the post at this link: How to make a comfort box but for those who don't feel like clicking over, here's the gist. It's a list of things people who suffer from mental illnesses can put collect into a "comfort box" to help them deal with it when their illness flares up. I bring it up on this forum because some of the items in question are distinctly AB-ish. Among the list are: stuffed animals, coloring books, Play-doh, pacifiers, and blankies. The pacifier in particular stood out to me, since it's the most distinctly baby-ish item on the list, and also because I use mine in a similar way to deal with stress.

I know that a lot of us have expressed that our Little stuff offers us comfort both in general and in times of stress, but I know that many of us *don't* associate our Little stuff with stress relief.

For those who aren't familiar with Tumblr, notice that the post has over 5,700 notes. A "note" on Tumblr is similar to a "like" on Facebook or a "favorite" on Twitter, so basically a lot of people have read the post and agreed with it or left favorable feedback. That's much bigger than the size of Tumblr's ABDL community, so most of the people who approved of the contents of the post are not ABDLs.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that soon pacifier use will be widely accepted or anything like that, just that I find it interesting that so many people are okay with one being used in this particular circumstance.

Anyone have any thoughts after reading over the list, particularly about so many ABDL items being included?

Some ABDLs like to regress because it reminds them of a time when they were directly cared for by their parents and they find that comforting. The pacifier in the comfort box may simply be a symbol to remind the owner of that time rather than something to actually use.

I have a tumbler but haven't been able to find an ABDL community. How do I get there?

Quote Originally Posted by BebbyDoll View Post
    I have a tumbler but haven't been able to find an ABDL community. How do I get there?
    #abdl #sfw little space

But Tumblr is kinda sexual if anything.

I use my pacifier to smoke less by satisfying the oral fixation and sedative properties (not going to specify if I mean tobacco or not but those who know me here know what I mean) and to calm down, such that I usually wear it on me, hidden.

We had a student at my junior high school, who when he got stressed in class, would pop his pacifier in his mouth. None of the other students reacted to this. The student had an IEP. I think pacifiers are used in some cases to relieve stress for patients with emotional disabilities.

We have one at work. ^^

I work in a lab, and in one of the researcher's office, there is a "ph.D student emergency box" which contains chocolate and a teddy bear. I found that awfully cute and thoughtful, especially when you know that it has been used several times by previous ph.D students.

And, regarding the use of non-abdl items, I know a few people (only girls thought) who still use a bottle from time to time to relax themselves. They even have those kind of very soft baby plushies on which you can attach a paci.

Using child/baby items is not that uncommon. You see them as "abdl items" but most people see them as relaxing items or nostalgic paraphernalia.

A lot of chicks at raves have light up pacifiers.. but they are starting to be banned because they can be dangerous while under the influence... which 99.9999% of people at raves are..

Quote Originally Posted by BebbyDoll View Post
    Yeah, Tumblr isn't the greatest place for ABDL's, especially Christian ones. There are a couple of good ones, but it takes me hours to find them again so I don't always bother going to them.

Quote Originally Posted by silverpower View Post
    Yeah, Tumblr isn't the greatest place for ABDL's, especially Christian ones. There are a couple of good ones, but it takes me hours to find them again so I don't always bother going to them.
    I find this funny, I can't even have a Tumblr, because it causes me to stumble. #diapers #ADBL.