Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Beta tester?

Default Beta tester?

I started wondering who plays betas and which ones have you been a part of? I've was in swtor, elder scolls online, Titanfall, battlefield 3&4.

I played a single round of Titanfall and played many rounds of the BF4 beta.

I always signup and get in for Steam beta programs.

Global Agenda (avoid it as hard as you possibly can), CosmicBreak English, Warframe (ongoing open beta), Super Monday Night Combat (hate it just as much as I hate Global Agenda), Tribes: Ascend (Hi-Rez studio handles their games poorly, avoid this), DotA2, Minecraft (had it since early alpha stages), God of War: Ascension multiplayer, Battlefield 4 and Counter-Strike: Global Offensive.

Those are all the ones I can currently think of, I'm sure I've tried more.

Quote Originally Posted by babygohan View Post
    I started wondering who plays betas and which ones have you been a part of? I've was in swtor, elder scolls online, Titanfall, battlefield 3&4.
    SWToR, TESO, Diablo 3, and Forsaken World

I've been a part of a couple of semi-limited public beta's including the early open of Star Trek Online (back when people paid full price for the initial version of MMO's) and SimCity (thankfully didn't pay any price for this access - though I'll admit to throwing an unapologetic 20 bucks at it when it was on sale recently). Many of the games I've spent money on lately have been early access, with varying levels of awesomeness - Kerbal Space Program (quite good) Prison Architect (fairly good) and a game that's a cross between Minecraft and Starship Troopers - can't remember the name right now (semi playable last time I tried). I'm almost certain I paid for and played Mount and Blade prior to version 1.0, but that was a very long time ago before the explosion of early access titles. I also consider myself honoured to be an early adopter of IsoTower, a super-indie isometric Sim/Yoot Tower remake.

I think Planetary Annihilation will be my next early access foray, unless I can stave off the temptation to pick it up for 30 on Steam this weekend.

i had played a round of titan fall on a friends Xbox one, not impressed with the consoles control interface (then again im used to PC shooters) um i played Battlefield 4 BETA and was wholey disapointed as it was hard to finish a single match i gave up after 4 tries and 4 crashed servers.

Quote Originally Posted by DaddyDorito View Post
    Global Agenda (avoid it as hard as you possibly can), CosmicBreak English, Warframe (ongoing open beta), Super Monday Night Combat (hate it just as much as I hate Global Agenda), Tribes: Ascend (Hi-Rez studio handles their games poorly, avoid this), DotA2, Minecraft (had it since early alpha stages), God of War: Ascension multiplayer, Battlefield 4 and Counter-Strike: Global Offensive.

Those are all the ones I can currently think of, I'm sure I've tried more.
    I agree with the Global Agenda shit! The game was a good time killer until I did all the missions, then the game got very boring because all there was to do afterwards was do the endless raids and such. I'm very happy I only spent $15 on it during a special where one of your friends sent you a code, allowing you to get 50% off.
    Now of course, shortly after I do this, Global Agenda goes free to play...

Not on Any But I am in 2 Alpha Games

Elite Dangerous Learning how to land a space ship on a on a rotating Space station http://www.incgamers.com/2014/03/eli...-shows-docking Combat is killer. Not sure how it compared to SWTOR. I am Also part of Star Citizen which still in Alpha Hanger Build.

Quote Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
    Not on Any But I am in 2 Alpha Games

Elite Dangerous Learning how to land a space ship on a on a rotating Space station http://www.incgamers.com/2014/03/eli...-shows-docking Combat is killer. Not sure how it compared to SWTOR. I am Also part of Star Citizen which still in Alpha Hanger Build.
    I wanted to try elite dangerous. I thought it looked good. Star Citizen as well, I love syfi games and these seem pretty cool. Have you heard of No Man's Sky? It's in the same genre.