Thread: Cloth diaper differences

Default Cloth diaper differences

I have always worn disposables, even at night. However, I am getting tired of the expense in using a quality disposable at night, and went to a chaep store brand to use at night with a resulting disaster. I am planning on getting cloth to use (with plastic pants). What are the differences and good/bad points as to velcro vs. hook and loop vs. pinning? Also, I see there are "Snap-EZ" ones with snaps, and that sounds intriguing. Just looking for opinions so that I don't get something that I won't like. Prefold or countour?

Thanks for any feedback!

- - - Updated - - -

Oops, that should be "cheap" instead of "chaep." Trying too fast!

Quote Originally Posted by Straycatz View Post
    I have always worn disposables, even at night. However, I am getting tired of the expense in using a quality disposable at night, and went to a chaep store brand to use at night with a resulting disaster. I am planning on getting cloth to use (with plastic pants). What are the differences and good/bad points as to velcro vs. hook and loop vs. pinning? Also, I see there are "Snap-EZ" ones with snaps, and that sounds intriguing. Just looking for opinions so that I don't get something that I won't like. Prefold or countour?

Thanks for any feedback!

- - - Updated - - -

Oops, that should be "cheap" instead of "chaep." Trying too fast!
    For me I wear the Dependeco AIO's with the four Velcro tapes. I'm vision impaired being blind in my left eye. Also I don't have full range of motion
    in my left arm due to an implant. So it would be almost impossible to pin flats or prefolds. With these AIO's I can lay them out and put in in the stuffer.
    Then I can lay down on the open diaper and put it on. Then when I stand up I can readjust the Velcro tapes if necessary. I've been doing this now for over
    a year and it works well for me.

Yes, I was looking at the Dependeco products. Might be the way to go for me, also. Do they stay fastened with the velcro, or does it kind of "wear out" over time? I'm pretty sure I don't want the pin-on kind. The snap on ones have me wondering how they fare in comparison as to cost, etc. as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Straycatz View Post
    Yes, I was looking at the Dependeco products. Might be the way to go for me, also. Do they stay fastened with the velcro, or does it kind of "wear out" over time? I'm pretty sure I don't want the pin-on kind. The snap on ones have me wondering how they fare in comparison as to cost, etc. as well.
    I've been wearing mine now for over a year and haven't had a Velcro failure. Also because I don't have access to laundry facilities mine are hand washed and air dried.
    Don't know about the snap ones.