Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Night time cloth and comfort

Tiburon

Default Night time cloth and comfort

How comfortable is it using cloth diapers at night? Does the non absorbency keep you up?

I have AIO's that I wear both day and night. mine are very comfy, and will hold a good flooding. I do recommend getting some plastic pants If you plan on using them at night, especially if you sleep on your side.

I've been wearing AIO's for over a year now and find them more comfy than disposables for sleeping with no leaks. A cloth diaper after it's been broke in
    "ie washed" is more absorbent than any disposable diaper. Here's a simple test you can do. Pee on a open disposable and it puddles, on a cloth diaper it's
    absorbed right away.

I like my Baby pants cotton twill and Plastic pants and I sleep like a log.

I find it super comfortable to sleep with my cloth/velcro secured flat diapers covered with a choice of pastel coloured and printed plastic pants. The plastic pants are very shiny and very soft and, together with the cloth diaper give me a warm and secure feeling. Cloth diapers are very absorbent. With high back plastic pants either sleeping on my back or side, the cloth/plastic pants combination keeps my bed dry every night. A good rinse of the diapers and plastic pants during the morning shower keeps things very simple. The cloth diapers and plastic pants are air dried daily. A touch of eau de toilette spray in the plastic pants gives it a nice/fresh smell. The cloth diapers are then machine washed and dried once a week. While cloth diapering provides super comfort and absorbency at night, it is also very efficient and economical especially in the long run.

I have always slept in disposables, but am thinking of going to cloth/plastic pants. Has anyone tried the Snap-EZ cloth diapers? Opinions? Also, I have had trouble with the elastic on plastic pants digging into my legs after being in them for awhile. Does this mean I need a bigger size or am I just getting the wrong kind?

Cloth (flat flannel) at night is totally comfortable for me. Then again thatís what I grew up in.

Quote Originally Posted by Straycatz View Post
    I have always slept in disposables, but am thinking of going to cloth/plastic pants. Has anyone tried the Snap-EZ cloth diapers? Opinions? Also, I have had trouble with the elastic on plastic pants digging into my legs after being in them for awhile. Does this mean I need a bigger size or am I just getting the wrong kind?
    You need to measure your thighs and get plastic pants with leg openings that fit your thighs
    in the middle range of the leg opening. Example if you measure 24" you need a range of
    around 22" to 26".

I too sleep in cloth diapers and plastic pants and like them very much. They are soft, warm, and comfortable, they absorb well, and I usually have no leak problems. I usually use babypants plastic pants (Gerber style made with PEVA) and either babypants training pants or else pull-on style from babykins. Sometimes I use a regular baby diaper as a soaker pad inside if I think I will wet heavy.

Ditto for me. I find the cloth diapers to be very comfortable. I do occasionally feel the plastic pants around my thighs, but I have no trouble sleeping. As for feeling wet, I mostly don't, but I enjoy the wet feeling from diapers as that's sort of my thing.