Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do you sometimes feel ashamed?.

Lozza1979

Default Do you sometimes feel ashamed?.

Hi folks.

Sometimes when I take a moment to reflect on myself I do question what I'm doing.I cant sometimes help think to myself "what the hell am I doing?".My father passed away in 2010 and my grandparents are dead and I think "what would they think if they could see me now in this wet nappy at 35?".Also what if my friends found out...they would never look at me the same way again, or even never speak to me again.But then saying that I don't know what my friends get up to when they think people aren't looking.

I have always known, even as a child, that I liked nappy's and wetting and often peed in my underpants on purpose in the bathroom even way before my teens.I guess its just part of who I am and what I like.I know that liking nappy's and wetting oneself is actually very common and its not hurting anybody.I'm not a bad person, I just have a bit of a 'thing' that I like to do.What I do in my own home is my business and I feel I have the right to be myself when I can, but sometimes I do feel a bit ashamed of myself.

Honestly, I don't. Sometimes I laugh at myself but it's a good-natured laugh. Humans are freaky critters and we wind up doing some odd things for personal satisfaction. This is just one of those and at this point, I am thankful to be okay with myself in that respect. That doesn't mean I want to advertise it but that's because it's private and personal rather than something awful. I've been working on being more comfortable sharing it with people who do enjoy it and that seems to me like a worthwhile effort.

I know what you mean I can change my mind one day to the next. And I get the same thing with thinking what if people could see me now what would they think! If it ever got out in my friend group I don't know what I would do. Most of them would be ok but there are a few people that pick on people every now and then so I know i would be a target for them. It's becoming easier the more I accept it.

Nah.

Perhaps if I was a alcoholic, drug-addict, crazy person. But honestly...at the end of the day, it's just a silly kink. A highly unusual, laugh-at-yourself-on-occasion one...but still, no big deal.

As long as you don't let it consume your entire life (like it has to a few, who apparently felt compelled to share their stupidness on TV) it's really no big deal.

As for myself, I'm surrounded by family and friends, have a roof over my head and am on the way to fulfilling a lifelong dream by becoming an officer in the US military after school. ABDL is just an afterthought, it's a part of who I am, and yet doesn't define me.

At the end of the day, it is what you make of it.

When I was younger I used to feel weird whenever I'd look up thing, or put a diaper on. As I got over I outgrew that feeling, and became more accepting & just didn't let it bother me. However, whenever I'm sitting around after wetting a diaper I just can't escape the feeling of "Why the F%#% am i wearing a wet diaper?" So I can understand where you're coming from.

Quote Originally Posted by Lozza1979 View Post
    Hi folks.

Sometimes when I take a moment to reflect on myself I do question what I'm doing.I cant sometimes help think to myself "what the hell am I doing?".My father passed away in 2010 and my grandparents are dead and I think "what would they think if they could see me now in this wet nappy at 35?".Also what if my friends found out...they would never look at me the same way again, or even never speak to me again.But then saying that I don't know what my friends get up to when they think people aren't looking.

I have always known, even as a child, that I liked nappy's and wetting and often peed in my underpants on purpose in the bathroom even way before my teens.I guess its just part of who I am and what I like.I know that liking nappy's and wetting oneself is actually very common and its not hurting anybody.I'm not a bad person, I just have a bit of a 'thing' that I like to do.What I do in my own home is my business and I feel I have the right to be myself when I can, but sometimes I do feel a bit ashamed of myself.
    I'm a person of faith, and so I've had the same thought as you; what if people I really respected, and had earned their respect, could look in on me from the other side of death, and see me acting like a baby? I'm also a follower, or at least, a believer in John Edwards, the guy who reads the dead. From what I think the afterlife is about, I think they mostly attend to their own business on the other plain. Even if they could see us, they would be looking from a very different perspective.

Everyone has something that they aren't proud of. Like all the other responders have said, wearing and using diapers is a pretty small thing. It harms no one and it gives us some pleasure and a sense of peace. The world is a hectic, demanding, and sometimes violent place. We all cope in different ways. It's because the world is imperfect, that we probably have this specific strange little inclination. Somewhere in our development, something triggered this. It would be misplaced worry and concern to let it bother you.

Sometimes after I wake from a dream or snap out of a fantasy, I chuckle and think to myself "Man... I just dreamed that... What the hell's the matter with me?" But it's not out of shame; it's more out of the acceptance that human beings have very unusual kinks. It's a fact of life that's easy to get a good-spirited laugh out of.

is there some religious dogma or allegiance that causes the shame you feel? a guilt-based religion can mess up an otherwise good thing, sadly.

Ashamed? No, not really. I sometimes think that life would be a bit easier without all this, though.