Thread: Streched Colon causing fecal and urinary IC

Unhappy Streched Colon causing fecal and urinary IC

Ok i've had a streched colon for as long as i can remember. it was never properly treated due to my step mom's inpaitence when it came to cleaning me up when a "cleanout" occurred....the laxatives were so effective, she thought i was just making it up. she stopped the treatment.

now ever since then, my colon has been stretched out to a point to where it presses up on my bladder whenever im due for a BM...so if makes any sense, i poop if my bladder releases, and i end up wet if i start to push out a BM. My disability grants me now power over this, if i cramp up, my whole body clenches until i go...

my aunt doesn't seem to get this, thinks im just being lazy and ruining furniture on purpose, i even pulled medical records and she still wont accept my issue.

Advice?

Quote Originally Posted by goodnightmoon92 View Post
    my aunt doesn't seem to get this, thinks im just being lazy and ruining furniture on purpose, i even pulled medical records and she still wont accept my issue.Advice?
    Do you wear diapers? If not, that I think would stop the couch from getting wet/soiled.

Quote Originally Posted by zipperless View Post
    Do you wear diapers? If not, that I think would stop the couch from getting wet/soiled.

she wont let me

Hmmm. Well, what if she didn't knw. I mean could you wear a pull up just in case you didn't make it in time? When you saw a doctor did he mention if something to slow things down? A quick search came up with a University of Virginia printout stating Miralax or Senna might help?

i was on miralax initially

- - - Updated - - -

i was on miralax initially

Quote Originally Posted by zipperless View Post
    Hmmm. Well, what if she didn't knw. I mean could you wear a pull up just in case you didn't make it in time? When you saw a doctor did he mention if something to slow things down? A quick search came up with a University of Virginia printout stating Miralax or Senna might help?
    i was on that initially

What do you think it will take your aunt to believe you? Another trip to the doctor?

no clue but i dunno if it will change anything about the diapers

acorn

Ok i've had a streched colon for as long as i can remember. it was never properly treated due to my step mom's inpaitence when it came to cleaning me up when a "cleanout" occurred....the laxatives were so effective, she thought i was just making it up. she stopped the treatment.

now ever since then, my colon has been stretched out to a point to where it presses up on my bladder whenever im due for a BM...so if makes any sense, i poop if my bladder releases, and i end up wet if i start to push out a BM. My disability grants me now power over this, if i cramp up, my whole body clenches until i go...

my aunt doesn't seem to get this, thinks im just being lazy and ruining furniture on purpose, i even pulled medical records and she still wont accept my issue.

Advice?

Advice?
    The part of your colon that “traverses” from right to left has always passed close to your bladder. It is normal in a large number of the population to release bladder and bowel at the same time, albeit - one directly before the other. On its own there is nothing wrong when a full colon pressures a bladder prior to emptying.

Even with your profile - you give a nondescript indication that you have some disability, this would seem to be supported by you’re familiarity with miralax. I would assume you are following the direction of a doctor in all of this. If you are currently under a doctors direction with this, I cannot see your stepmother’s issue. Key is your doctor must be up to speed with all of this, this is to say you are not treating this condition on your own. So my question is; what is your doctor saying about all of this?

I guess I'm a little confused about your living arrangement. Why are you living with your Aunt? Is there any way to get out on your own?

with my disability and the way social security has my check as of now its impossible