Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Well, I'm pretty sure I saw a couple of AB/DLs walk out of Target earlier today. o:

Default Well, I'm pretty sure I saw a couple of AB/DLs walk out of Target earlier today. o:

Earlier today, I was In the car with my friends, outside Target, about to find a parking spot when I saw 2 people coming out of the front entrance. I noticed one was wearing a kid's xxl Spiderman shirt that I want omg, with baggy brown shorts. The other was wearing overalls with a Lego Ninjago shirt on underneath, I also want that shirt by the way. As we passed I looked back and noticed he had a diaper on underneath, his shirt was too short in the back, the top of the diaper was visible. I tried not to make a big deal as I had one friend who still didn't know about my little side, the other 2 in the car knew, though. If only it was just us... ;-; I really wanted to jump out the car and meet them so badly, I wanted them to be my new friends, as I had previously thought nobody else like me lived in the proximity of like 1000 miles or something.

Well, at least I know now that people like us are around, you just have to look harder, as they are hiding. These 2, not so well, though. xD

Oooh, that must have been exciting! I almost want to put on my best David Attenborough voice and document the rare sighting of the ABDL in its natural habitat. I'm not sure what I would have done in your position. I don't think I'd have been courageous enough to walk up to them. It's neat though, to get a real-world reminder that you're not in this by yourself.

How cool never had that happen to me before.

A question: (for anyone) how would you go about starting a conversation with them? Like - what would you say?
    And -- How would you respond if asked in a similar situation?

I mean, I am always discrete so I'd be harder to spot in public but I suppose and other ABDL might have the eyes to notice.

Now is the time for our uprising. I say we take to the streets and seize the day! Okay, just kidding, but it is neat to see a couple that has the courage to be themselves.

The hills have eyes.......and diapers.

Quote Originally Posted by cm90210 View Post
    How cool never had that happen to me before.

A question: (for anyone) how would you go about starting a conversation with them? Like - what would you say?

I mean, I am always discrete so I'd be harder to spot in public but I suppose and other ABDL might have the eyes to notice.
    I would never ask anyone any questions, but if I was approached, I wouldn't mind talking about it. Then again, I'm wearing "normal" clothes with a diaper underneath, so almost anyone is going to assume something other than, ABDL.

neat encounter. Especially considering they probably don't go out like that all of the time. Who knows they may have an account on here, wouldn't that be awesome.

Sounds pretty fun, it's a shame you couldn't meet them and start an amazing superpal friendship. Maybe there still might be a way of finding out more about them or something.

That's pretty cool! You just never know who is an AB/DL in your area. I have had interesting encounters and even made an Ab/DL friend that I met earlier under diffretn circumstances and we just didn't know about each other's similar interests in diapers till recently.

Interesting question...

It would honestly be a bit awkward at first, but I would probably just say "Hey guys, you have neat shirts, did you get them here at Target or...?" It would probably go from there, talking about various kid shows I like. I may ask about the diaper, say I say I saw it, that I'm curious, and ask if they are ab/dl, I may tell them that I am one also to put them at ease if they're nervous, they probably wouldn't be if they're so open as it seems. It would go something like that.

If I'm asked, I'd probably just tell them, honestly. I keep it a secret from everyone, but if they truly have an interest in it and have no problems with it, then there is no point in denying. I might not if I have a friend I don't trust that doesn't know this side of me that is with me.

I'm rather blunt and honest.
    Last edited by ShAd0w10; 24-Feb-2014 at 07:55.

Ooo good questions! I was actually thinking about the first question before I even read this comment. Personally I would go up and tell them that I liked their shirts and ask if they normally dress like that or if they were just messing around. That would take a LOT of courage from me though, but noting the rarity of the sighting, I probably would go for it. I wouldn't directly bring up the diaper or anything but I would casually try to bring it towards cool little stuff like, "Oh it's cool that you guys are still into that. To be honest I still watch a few shows that I used to watch as a kid but I never really keep an eye out for clothes like that. What other shows do you guys watch?" and proceed from there if they actually wanted to talk to me. Depending on how they reacted, I would act accordingly. If they wanted to keep it as casual conversation I would. If they acted like kids/babies, I would make probably play along and talk to them like I would kids. And if they seemed nervous (doubtful if they were wearing stuff like that in public) I would leave them be after the compliment.

Now if I was caught in a similar situation, I would probably keep the conversation casual. Just jawing away at different kids shows we watch, and maybe even toys I like to play with. I don't know if I would directly out myself as an AB/DL unless the other person did first, but even then I would be a bit off-put by how open they would be. But if they came across being creepy or doing some weird dirty baby talk thing, I would be out of there in a heart beat and probably wouldn't go near my car until I knew I was out of sight for sure.