Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bambino Changed?

Default Bambino Changed?

Can some one tell me exactly how Bambinos changed? Go figure I tried their diapers in both medium and large samples for best fit and then they change them! Did Bambino only change the inside lining or did they also change the backing dimensions? Any help would be appreciated!

Default Bambino Changed?

I can only speak for the teddies, but so far the changes I've been able to notice are:

1,) Overall length of the diaper increased slightly (somewhat more plastic material up front.
    2,) Much softer backsheet
    3.) Tapes have been moved slightly closer together
    4,) The number/quality of the leg elastics has been reduced.
    5.) The composition of the SAP/ratio in the actual padding has been changed somewhat, they absorb slightly less than before, and feel noticeably different when wet. (Mushier..?)
    5,) The padding feels somewhat thinner.
    6,) The taping panels are flipped.

Honestly, I still like the diapers quite a bit, mostly because the slight reduction in absorbency doesn't impact me that much as I don't tend to 'go' all that much. Bambino has said that there hasn't been any change in the padding/amount of SAP used, but frankly that's a load of BS. Something has defiantly changed for the worse.
    Last edited by Dan09; 25-Feb-2014 at 01:13.

Thank you Dan09!
    Ok so the plastic backing length has changed longer front to back and I assume the padding length has stayed the same? Also what about the wings, have they increased in length or are they the same? Shame about them being less absorbent because they were the best!

ATLEAST BAMBINO DID NOT SAY "NEW AND IMPROVED", I HATE WHEN A COMPANY FEEDS US THAT B.S. AFTER THEY RUIN A GOOD PRODUCT!

Default Bambino Changed?

Quote Originally Posted by DLMunky View Post
    Thank you Dan09!
    Ok so the plastic backing length has changed longer front to back and I assume the padding length has stayed the same? Also what about the wings, have they increased in length or are they the same? Shame about them being less absorbent because they were the best!

ATLEAST BAMBINO DID NOT SAY "NEW AND IMPROVED", I HATE WHEN A COMPANY FEEDS US THAT B.S. AFTER THEY RUIN A GOOD PRODUCT!
    No prob!

Unfortunately you're correct, even though the plastic length has changed, the actual padding 'seems' to be about the same in length. The wings actually feel a bit larger somehow, but honestly that might just be an optical illusion!

And I agree! As the saying goes:

"If it aint' broke, don't fix it!"

However, I gotta say the the new soft backsheet is absolutely incredible. The added flaws and reductions really do stink, but honestly the softness of the new inside almost makes me shrug that off, it's really amazing. Bambinos are still great diapers, just not as amazing as they were in the previous run. The slightly lowered absorbency would really tick me off if I was someone who genuinely needed that sort of capability in a diaper.
    Last edited by Dan09; 23-Feb-2014 at 19:47.

If Bambino made their products works after the "improvident" I would be complaining to them about it right now. Maybe the more unhappy reviews they get about their diapers, they might go back to the old brand.

I have tried bambinos in the past and have been disappointed with them.

I use their Bianco and there differet also. Just as Dan09 said about the teddy's. They are thinner and less absorbent. A real shame they did this.

That's unfortunate that Bambino changed their design. Good thing I have a supply of their diapers to last me a while.

Great As soon as I find my favorite diaper (Bellisimo) they go and screw em up. They fit me perfect and were comfy and very thirsty. This sucks.

All too often this happens! For some reason (most likely greed) companies have to change their products (make them cheaper) instead of leaving well enough alone. I hate that I just spent money on samples to figure out which ones worked for me and now it looks like I need to order samples again. Well now that I think about it, maybe not... I wanted a diaper I could wear out in public and even the mediums are hard to hide under clothes. By that I mean they make walking normally almost impossible! Bambino's are a great "staying in today" diaper!