Thread: curious about others?

Default curious about others?

Hey there, I don't know if this is were I should post this or not with the new site rules and what not. But I'm just curious to what others have experienced. I've been on this site now for well over 2 years but it's been awhile since I visited. Within the time that I kinda went dark off this site I got into a LTR, which has been going strong for over a year now. my boyfriend is amazing and knows about my little side and fully indulges my little side when he has the chance, (he was not into this at all before me). recently we actually started getting into DD (domestic discipline, definition of DD here: What is Domestic Discipline? | Learning Domestic Discipline: The Blog ).which honestly I had no idea about till recently it kinda goes along with being a LG but it is funny how I've never even heard of this. Not only had I not heard of it before but apparently it's pretty popular because all of my non ab friends know and support the idea of it even with not being into it themselves. So finally after this long winded shpeel my question is what do you guys think of DD? Have any of you involved that into your relationships if so why or why not?

Seems a good idea for those into power play, but the fact that the website indicates the situation should be used to 'control' the children as well is a little disconcerting. I was once in a relationship where I was the dominant one and my submissive liked to be made to perform housework. I am not sure if this is relevant to your situation but its the only experience I can offer to answer your question. I am sure this is something innocent and traditional but I am not sure how to think about it other than master/sub scenario. I like the fact it mentions that its not jus the male that has to take on the role as Head of the Household, I can think of nothing better than a strong woman following through with punishments for not acting like a domestic god/goddess.

Well when concerning children it's just saying that it's the HOH's job to protect them from dangerous behaviors. like would you let a child go unpunished if they left the house in the middle of the night without telling anyone? Same thing although it also includes the wife in these scenarios. As for the dominant submissive thing that is a similar branch of this I would imagine but probably leaning more towards (BDSM). Also I agree I like that the websites definition is for both M/F for both roles

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyprincess View Post
    As for the dominant submissive thing that is a similar branch of this I would imagine but probably leaning more towards (BDSM).
    I agree, that is why I was very clear that my only experience with anything like this is from a BDSM relationship as opposed to practical family life. It would, however, take a very submissive person to allow their partner to take control of decisions and discipline for the entire family. Most 'normal' relationships will see the two work together to create a clean, safe home for the entire family. This is a good discussion and I too hope others get involved. I would be interested in hearing others thought on this type of lifestyle.

It appears to be written as a help in discipline, whereas to help a child overcome bad behavior. Any Little who cannot seem to overcome bad behavior on his/her own, should be able to profit from this.

That's what my boyfriend and I have used it as (gonna get a little personal) I have been struggling with an eating disorder for about 3 years now and this is definitely an effective counter measure. Also I have problems with procrastinating when it comes to homework and things of that nature so it's helped a lot with that too. I started this thread because I was curious about what people thought since it's kinda related to the AB aspect especially from a caregiving perspective since every mommy/daddy/ect... Have to discipline their littles sometimes. I was also curious what people thought in general since I know for me personally I never thought about it.

Quote Originally Posted by DexxKizwizard View Post
    Seems a good idea for those into power play, but the fact that the website indicates the situation should be used to 'control' the children as well is a little disconcerting. I was once in a relationship where I was the dominant one and my submissive liked to be made to perform housework. I am not sure if this is relevant to your situation but its the only experience I can offer to answer your question. I am sure this is something innocent and traditional but I am not sure how to think about it other than master/sub scenario. I like the fact it mentions that its not jus the male that has to take on the role as Head of the Household, I can think of nothing better than a strong woman following through with punishments for not acting like a domestic god/goddess.
    I am not too familiar with "domestic discipline," but mentioning children is a bit disconcerting, especially since spanking is mentioned as a punishment that can be used for "domestic discipline" (any psychologist worth his/her salt can cite a mountain of evidence proving that using physical punishment on children increases their chances of developing deleterious psychological effects). As far as I am concerned, "disciplinary spanking" needs to take place between consenting adults.

Personally, "domestic discipline" isn't for me. I could see myself consenting to receive a spanking for purposes of kinky roleplay or horseplay, but I wouldn't go as far as letting someone spank me against my will.

It's not just spanking. There are other levels of discipline suggested on their site which can come long before a spanking. For the princess, I think this could be helpful in getting past some of her difficulties.
    The program is specified as between consenting adults, and no inclination is given for use on children or on adults who do not consent, so I think you are safe there. No one is being punished against their will. Rather, a person like Disneyprincess is asking a consenting adult to use a disciplinary method to help her correct a continuing behavior.
    Last edited by BlueGrey; 24-Feb-2014 at 03:14.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueGrey View Post
    It's not just spanking. There are other levels of discipline suggested on their site which can come long before a spanking. For the princess, I think this could be helpful in getting past some of her difficulties.
    I know it isn't just spanking, but at the same time, spanking isn't explicitly ruled out. It is one thing for a consenting adult to be spanked by another consenting adult, but I think children should be spared such punishment (some countries have gone as far as making it illegal for parents to spank their kids).

Personally I believe in spare the rod spoil the child however it is not a merciless punishment as some believe. I honestly appreciate the way my parents did it were it was similar to time out they'd ask me why I was getting said punishment and it was never more than like 5 smacks and yes it hurt a little but it never really hurt me. That's the way it should be done not just meaninglessly hitting your child becuase your frustrated but actually using that when they deserve it and never being cruel about it. But to each their own, and besides children are not really the main topic here because what this site is talking about is not by any means bad or "damaging" to children and honestly they aren't really even brought up. It's focus is on two consenting life partners.