Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Abena Supers?

Default Abena Supers?

How are they? I am thinking of getting some really soon. I know they aren't as abosrbent as the x-plus, but I figure these can be conseiled more. How long is a single diaper life span of one of these? Is the absorbency goo, or should I skip these and go for the X-Plus? I really would like these ones though. Also, what color are they? If someone could post a pictureof one, that would be just peachy!!!

Supers are great. They come many more to the pack than the X-Plus do, and I think they're a much better value as they're still really, really absorbent and last quite a long time. They're also not as bulky and as a result are much easier to conceal under clothing, and like Incomplete Dude said, they're great for wearing in public.

These are honestly on my top 2 favorite diapers. It's either the supers or the Secure x-plus's. The abena x-plus's are honestly too absorbant, i feel like i'm required to wet it to it's max, which is hard. Supers are amazing-- they are far more absorbant than I even need. I can easily fit long multiple wettings into them.

I like them, but I find that the tapes don't stick too well and the cut is not very good for me. I get a lots of leaks with both the super and the x-plus mainly because their absorbant pad is not fast enough to absorb.

I prefer Tena super, wich are super fast absorbing and have a great capacity.

Quote Originally Posted by Incomplete Dude View Post
    They are wonderful for wearing in public.
    Ditto.

Great absorbancy, but not too thick so you won't be noticed.

These are a diaper you can trust for wearing in public, and that is very important.

Quote Originally Posted by bob111 View Post
    I like them, but I find that the tapes don't stick too well and the cut is not very good for me. I get a lots of leaks with both the super and the x-plus mainly because their absorbant pad is not fast enough to absorb.

I prefer Tena super, wich are super fast absorbing and have a great capacity.
    The tapes DO stick well if you stick them properly. Yes, i'm saying you are sticking them improperly, and i'm not going to come back to this thread and defend myself from your next post, because I know you are wrong, no offense.

I've dealt with people who hate abena tapes so many times, it's just not worth it anymore, I'm sorry.

If you want the tapes to stick well, then Clean your hands well (after applying lotion). Apply the tapes without getting lotion or any moisture on the tapes or the plastic where the tapes will be landing, and tell me the tapes don't stick amazingly great....

Nevermind. Probably better to make a new topic. (which I just did)
    Last edited by ShippoFox; 03-Jan-2009 at 01:46.

Quote Originally Posted by diapeybabybrian View Post
    The tapes DO stick well if you stick them properly. Yes, i'm saying you are sticking them improperly, and i'm not going to come back to this thread and defend myself from your next post, because I know you are wrong, no offense.

I've dealt with people who hate abena tapes so many times, it's just not worth it anymore, I'm sorry.

If you want the tapes to stick well, then Clean your hands well (after applying lotion). Apply the tapes without getting lotion or any moisture on the tapes or the plastic where the tapes will be landing, and tell me the tapes don't stick amazingly great....
    Been there done that, the tapes came unstuck within 5 minutes. No lotion, no powder, dry clean hands, tape fully contacting the front of the diaper, everything I have done with other tapes on other diapers, and they still don't stay stuck. Every brand that I have tried with that diaper taping system, Abena, Molicare, Dry 24/7, none of them have stuck as well as Depends.

annierighthurr

Quote Originally Posted by diapeybabybrian View Post

I never use lotion. I stick the tapes down without ever touching the sticky part, and then rub down over the top of it to keep it down. Guess what, they still suck. :]