Thread: Went out padded in public for the first time ever (aka understanding myself)

Default Went out padded in public for the first time ever (aka understanding myself)

DISCLAIMER: Sorry about the long post. I think this may help newcomers and kids and may be shed some light about "what does it feel to do something prohibited".

Hey folks! I was a bit silent lately, mostly because of lots of work and nothing (relevant) to tell here. Sometimes I feel like I'm bored of (everything) being DL and drop the whole idea for a while. Sometimes I feel like being padded every single second.

Nowadays I'm going through high stress levels because of my job and the possibility of going back to be a freelancer (aka no permanent job). I've got to pay the rent, expenses, bills, etc. so that stresses me a lot.

There is something I can't lie about: This started as a fetish. Today it helps me to relax (still can't figure out why). And somehow it helps me to know and understand myself.

I suffer from a not-so-common-condition called "Klippel Trenaunay Syndrome" that affects me mostly aesthetically. Sure, it has some deep implications like inability to run no more two blocks, one body hemisphere bigger than the other, or general weakness due to some underdeveloped muscles of the upper limbs and chest; but I could mostly do a normal life.

Sort of.

I always was a shy boy. Due to what was explained above, I suffered bullying as a kid (note: here in Argentina "bullying" never was a big issue. It never had a name for itself, like "bullying", just "mom, a kid bothers me" and that was it.) because of my skin tone and my particular way of walking (as I said, I've got a leg a bit longer than the other) among other things.
    To make things worse, I always was a very sensitive boy. I always pay(ed) attention to small things, and always took things to heart. So yeah. Things were difficult.

And I wasn't a DL until I was a teenager!

Experiment with my DL side was not a big improvement. I started to feel more awkward, more weird, more strange. But then I embraced it. Or at least, it happened when I was already more confident with me and less worried about what people said or thought about me. Of course, "grown kids", commonly known as "adults", generally try not to say things so childish to anyone (again: generally). But always there is something else to prove, someone to impress (although that someone usually is oneself).

So I decided to raise the bet.

I went out padded, with my mind put not in "hey, look everybody, I'm diapered! I'm breaking a taboo! whoohoo!", but in "how much can I tolerate being padded ouside, how can I face a society that thinks that diapers are for babies or very sick and old people?". So I went to the supermarket, at night. The street was brightly lit.

So this is how I felt:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	73tm3.jpg 
Views:	161 
Size:	48.6 KB 
ID:	20198

I was outside, padded, uhm... yes, and... "What did I need to buy? Oh yeah, this and this... and... Yeah, a couple of these"... It wasn't at all a big deal! I almost felt embarrased with myself because of acting so silly. Of course, it didn't lead to feel bad, but to laugh at myself...

Now I feel a bit more confident with myself, and with the following idea: What makes us ashamed is entirely subjective and personal. And no external stimuli can make us ashamed. So, this just gives me more to work on, making me owner of all responsibility about how I feel everyday.

Is it fair? I don't know. But it gives me a bit more of certainty, and a bit less of despair.

Hugs,

Bigpa.
    Last edited by bigpa; 23-Feb-2014 at 02:18. Reason: Grammatical fix.

My original experience with going out diapered in public sucked. I was wearing a bellisimo in the middle of the spring, and it was pretty hot out, and I also had to walk around a lot. I was really concerned with someone seeing, mostly because it was a fetish diaper. I would've been less concerned if it was something more medical looking, as if anything happened I could try to explain that I needed them, but I only had bambinos at the time.

Anyway, I didn't really adequately prepare. I didn't have a change with me, and my dorm was really far away. I also hadn't gotten used to "going" anywhere else but my room, so all I got out of the experience was a nerve wracking and uncomfortable day.

Nowadays, if I go out diapered, I carry a change. But I really only go out diapered occasionally anymore. When I do, I usually don't notice it. It is nice to use it out in public though.

i went all day at the college padded for the first time in a long time today too

Hi again, I forgotten to tell some aspects of the experience:

- First things first: I went out looking everybody at their faces. And I noticed a wonderful quirk: Everybody avoids eye contact. As usual. Yeah! There's no need to think that you are the center of the scene.
    - I used boxers to reduce noise.
    - I was a bit worried about how my bottom looked. Then I noticed what it is a common say here: Nobody cares. Nobody notices you, nor is looking at your bottom (unless they're looking for something special). Every body is different. Different shapes. The fact that you're somewhat bulky down there isn't a parameter to say that you're using a diaper (unless you wear a really bulky diaper, like an abena or bambino... and fully loaded).
    - Then there was this girl who followed me about one block, while returning home. She was walking about 30 meters behind me. She almost worried me. I think she may have discovered me, but again, it is all in my head until someone comes and say something. If you're not dressed inappropriately (like showing your diaper or something like that), that is not going to happen, period.
    - There was a moment that I began to feel a discomfort in my left testicle. I'm not sure what that means and may be a product of my imagination and/or the situation, but I think that the temperature may be a problem (It's summer here, and It was a bit hot today -- I was padded almost all day). Men advice/words about this fact are welcome.

Hugs!

There's no reason you should be fully loaded if you're trying to be discreet, anyway. In addition to the discomfort of walking around with a diaper that full, it's not really healthy. Changing on a schedule is really necessary when going out in public so that the diaper doesn't get too stretched out to the extent that it can't reliably hold what you put into it.

Abena XL4's aren't obvious under clothes, I've looked in the mirror before and after I've returned from going out in diapers for a few hours. There is no obvious indication at either time in terms of bulk, provided you haven't overloaded your diaper while you're out. The far more obvious sign that you're wearing a diaper for Abena is the waist height of the diaper. The top of the diaper is at least 2 inches above my navel and is well above my waist in the back. The best way to get caught wearing an Abena XL4 is to stretch in such a way that your shirt lifts up. It's almost impossible not to notice it if you do that.

If you're careful about how you move around, it really shouldn't be an issue. Nobody is looking for diapers on people between the ages of 4 and 90 in public.

In my case, I forget I'm even wearing a diaper when I go out with one on until I need to use the bathroom. It's nice to just go, now that I've gotten used to using my diaper wherever.

Most of this is to support bigpa's conclusions. Going out diapered in public is a great way to achieve self acceptance if you haven't yet. It's a great way to prove to yourself that this is nothing to be afraid or ashamed of; you aren't hurting anyone by going out diapered, and the world doesn't shine spotlights in you because you do. If you're worried that something might happen, get medical-looking diapers before you do it, just in case. It makes defending yourself much easier, I imagine. Not that I would know anyway; I've never needed to justify myself because I've never been questioned.

Quote Originally Posted by Endurlay View Post

Abena XL4's aren't obvious under clothes, I've looked in the mirror before and after I've returned from going out in diapers for a few hours. There is no obvious indication at either time in terms of bulk, provided you haven't overloaded your diaper while you're out. The far more obvious sign that you're wearing a diaper for Abena is the waist height of the diaper. The top of the diaper is at least 2 inches above my navel and is well above my waist in the back. The best way to get caught wearing an Abena XL4 is to stretch in such a way that your shirt lifts up. It's almost impossible not to notice it if you do that.

If you're careful about how you move around, it really shouldn't be an issue. Nobody is looking for diapers on people between the ages of 4 and 90 in public.
    I agree with bigpa's conclusions, and I will also echo that the thicker Abena diapers (I use the M4) aren't noticeable under clothing. I don't worry about the waist height of a diaper, as I typically wear a tank top tucked into my pants underneath my T-shirt anyway. I don't wear too often during the weekdays, as I am always on my feet and moving around at work, but it isn't unusual for me to be padded in public on a weekend, and the truth of the matter is that the odds of someone noticing your diaper are rather low as long as you don't flaunt it.

If one wants to wear diapers in public, I advise them to do it. A good deal of the fears associated with such a thing are quite exaggerated in nature.

cupofcoffee12

About the discomfort during your experience out in public padded....this happens to me too. Sometimes i put the diaper on too tight and experience this as well, but eventually both you and the diaper adjust naturally and it at least starts to go away.