Thread: Political activism in Kenya

Default Political activism in Kenya

Kenya is a young country. That is why its politics often stink. More and more people do not want to live with that and they protest. In order to illustrate their message 'someone has to change' many activists wear diapers. Their hashtag is #diapermentality

Quote Originally Posted by GewickeltGraz View Post
    Kenya is a young country. That is why its politics often stink. More and more people do not want to live with that and they protest. In order to illustrate their message 'someone has to change' many activists wear diapers. Their hashtag is #diapermentality
    All that considered, and with all due respect...I believe this would be better suited for the Mature Topics section...

Also, for those of us who don't 'hashtag' and I may be the minority...where else, or what other means would we study this?

Regards,
    -Marka

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BgaJ4VpIEAA2Zhj.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	48.3 KB 
ID:	20197
    After a brief image search, it appears to be a grassroots campaign against corruption and inequality. I'm not sure where diapers come into it but it must be some sort of symbolism towards Kenya needing to 'grow up and take responsibility'. However I do not fully understand the movement. Perhaps the OP can provide us with more info, but I must say it is very interesting for Kenyans to use adult diapers as political weapon For curiositys sake, this is indeed interesting for AB/DL folk.

Some images related to the 'Diaper Mentality' movement.

anyone that has lived and worked in Africa knows that the so called movements against corruption are as corrupt as the people they fight.